Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Pears is gone.

Get over your Ambrose fetish he'll be around. Gwilt or Smack probably gone.

That's 10. At one time 6 or 7 can play, so we have enough plus depth.
Not exactly blessed with young gun KPPs though. Think another young gun key back and key forward is needed

Tall forwards are definitely a need but what's the point if there will be 5 midfielders that will be better then Marshall? No point using such a valuable pick on a need. Just go best player. TBC and Hooker r suitable foils for Joey next year. Then we could possibly do Hurley, Hartley and Brown as KPD next yr. in 2017 draft recruit key forward.
There are good midfielders to be had all over the draft. Parker, Hannebery, Neale, Sloane, Rockliff, Swan, Watson, countless others have been take outside the first round. Key forwards however? The only top key forwards I can recall outside of the first round have been NSW scholarship/FS players.

Not exactly blessed with young gun KPPs though. Think another young gun key back and key forward is needed
So take one later.

If the best player in the draft is a mid we take a mid. We don't take the 5th or 6th best.

Person gets something wrong. Can't be right on anybody else they think won't be AFL standard :rolleyes:
Nah just reminding you that as you act like a arrogant campaigner about me thinking something "says a lot" that your track record isn't flawless.

Another $50 on Ambrose being delisted Ethan?

Oh and is 10 KPP enough? Or do we "desperately" need more?

Nah just reminding you that as you act like a arrogant campaigner about me thinking something "says a lot" that your track record isn't flawless.

So I'm arrogant in suggesting that an average footballer who's out of contract is a chance of being delisted? Okey mete.

So I'm arrogant in suggesting that an average footballer who's out of contract is a chance of being delisted? Okey mete.
Ahhh ignoring the other questions.

Classic. Well done on showing your hand mate. Obviously we're done here since you've scampered away from those with your tail between your leg.

And no dismissing someone's opinion like you did is arrogant.

Have a good night eth.

Oh and by the way, Sydney have 16 KPP's on their list, Hawthorn 18, Adelaide 16, GWS 20, North 15, Geelong 16. You think 10 is enough?

Oh and by the way, Sydney have 16 KPP's on their list, Hawthorn 18, Adelaide 16, GWS 20, North 15, Geelong 16. You think 10 is enough?
10 is definitely not enough. Most of them r spuds anyway. Unfortunately there r no key forwards this draft so we may as well wait until next yr and draft the best midfielder with our first 2 picks then go for a smokie forward later on.

10 is definitely not enough. Most of them r spuds anyway. Unfortunately there r no key forwards this draft so we may as well wait until next yr and draft the best midfielder with our first 2 picks then go for a smokie forward later on.
Walker, Brown, Cloke, Pav, Hawkins, Cameron, Lynch, Buddy, Roughy, Hogan, Riewoldt x2, Kennedy. What do these guys have in common?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of them were rated as first round talents (with Walker, Cloke, Hawkins and Cameron having priority access)
Would u rather us get Marshall and fill a need which he'll probably only fix in 3-5 years because he needs to develop or a gun midfielder who can come into the side straight away and deliver good ball use to our forwards?

Would u rather us get Marshall and fill a need which he'll probably only fix in 3-5 years because he needs to develop or a gun midfielder who can come into the side straight away and deliver good ball use to our forwards?
I think you can find good midfielders all over the draft. Rory Sloane, Tom Rockliff, Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Lachie Neale, Gary Ablett, Sam Mitchell, Bernie Vince, Andrew Swallow, Robbie Gray, Jack Steven, Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker, Daniel Hannebery, Matthew Priddis, Matthew Boyd. All taken beyond pick 30 and in the case of the two F/S selections, many believed were drafted because of their name. 3 out of the last 10 brownlow medalists have been first round picks. Top level key forwards outside of the first round? Good luck.

I don't think we should be planning to win a flag next year, 4-6 years seems more realistic..

I think you can find good midfielders all over the draft. Rory Sloane, Tom Rockliff, Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Lachie Neale, Gary Ablett, Sam Mitchell, Bernie Vince, Andrew Swallow, Robbie Gray, Jack Steven, Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker, Daniel Hannebery, Matthew Priddis, Matthew Boyd. All taken beyond pick 30 and in the case of the two F/S selections, many believed were drafted because of their name. 3 out of the last 10 brownlow medalists have been first round picks. Top level key forwards outside of the first round? Good luck.
As you said earlier, converting 1 in to 2 top 10 picks would be ideal so we can get 1 kpf and 1 mid.
But if we just have pick 1, it's best player. Doesn't matter where they play. Which at this time of the year, could be anyone.

You can get forwards later also though: Lobb, Jenkins, Tippett, Gunston, Petrie, Brown are a few names off the top of my head. Would be wrapped with the ilk on this list to partner JD

As you said earlier, converting 1 in to 2 top 10 picks would be ideal so we can get 1 kpf and 1 mid.
But if we just have pick 1, it's best player. Doesn't matter where they play. Which at this time of the year, could be anyone.

You can get forwards later also though: Lobb, Jenkins, Tippett, Gunston, Petrie, Brown are a few names off the top of my head. Would be wrapped with the ilk on this list to partner JD
Jenkins is overrated IMO, master of the joe the goose goal. Outside of Gunston though I wouldn't call any of them "star" key forwards.

Jenkins is overrated IMO, master of the joe the goose goal. Outside of Gunston though I wouldn't call any of them "star" key forwards.

Can you imagine if he was playing for us.

Will be working his butt off towards the goal square only to be ignored by his teams who are kicking the ball side ways and backwards and hand balling to team mates under pressure.

Why are people so determined to get rid of Gwilt? If Hurley goes down who are we banking on to shut down a forward, Ambrose? Please. Who cares about athleticism, game sense wins contests. Just ask truck Rutten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back