List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22
Back Shaw H Brown N Toovey A
HBack Seedsman P Keefe L Williams M
Centre Ball L Thomas J Obrien H
HForward Sidebottom S Reid B Thomas D
Forward Ball L Cloke T Elliot J
Following: Grundy B Pendlebery S Swan D

Interchange Macaffer B, Blair J, Goldsack T, Beams D

Depth Dwyer S, Maxwell N, Sinclair B, Kennedy B, Broomhead T, Martin K, Ramsay J (order of likeliness of best 22)
Potential Losses: Thomas D, Shaw H (unlikely) (order of likeliness)

Potential Gains: Pick 9, Karnesis P, Adams T, Yeo E (order of likeliness)

Thinks if we can keep Thomas D and acquire Karnesis P and keep Pick 9 we will have done well. But if Thomas D leaves, I think Adams T would be a future replacement for our midfield development. Think he will mature quicker than the likes of Broomhead T and Kennedy B

Ball can't be on a wing and forward pocket. Side is structurally unbalanced with no back up ruck (it's why Lynch gets a game when not producing up forward.) Other comments could be made but are more opinion.

Best 22
Back Shaw H Brown N Toovey A
HBack Seedsman P Keefe L Williams M
Centre Ball L Thomas J Obrien H
HForward Sidebottom S Reid B Thomas D
Forward Ball L Cloke T Elliot J
Following: Grundy B Pendlebery S Swan D

Interchange Macaffer B, Blair J, Goldsack T, Beams D

Depth Dwyer S, Maxwell N, Sinclair B, Kennedy B, Broomhead T, Martin K, Ramsay J (order of likeliness of best 22)
Potential Losses: Thomas D, Shaw H (unlikely) (order of likeliness)

Potential Gains: Pick 9, Karnesis P, Adams T, Yeo E (order of likeliness)

Thinks if we can keep Thomas D and acquire Karnesis P and keep Pick 9 we will have done well. But if Thomas D leaves, I think Adams T would be a future replacement for our midfield development. Think he will mature quicker than the likes of Broomhead T and Kennedy B

Welcome to BigFooty :thumbsu:

Hey guys sorry to intrude, but i've drawn the pies in the WB board mock draft, and thought I should get an idea of what the actual supporters want :p

I was thinking that you might want another KPP, basically another Ben Reid wouldn't go astray for you. Looking at your list I don't see any gaping holes in it. You're going after Billy Longer, so wouldn't be getting a ruckman in the draft unless that trade fell through.

Maybe taller midfielders? You've got a few smaller players like Sinclair, Sidebottom, Williams, Dwyer, Thomas, Kennedy etc.

As far as Jake Kelly, I get the feeling you wouldn't want to spend more than your 3rd round pick on him. And of course you're elevating both Dwyer and Martin as well.

I don't understand suggestions we'd be interested in Longer, Mumford or Bellchambers (before he resigned) - all are too good to be a back up ruck man when we already have Grundy, Witts & Hudson as insurance. If we want more insurance it should not be as high priced as L, M & B deserve.

Key forward with possible ability to play ruck back up is key need.

I generally agree with Rusty & Blaze's responses to your post. I don't know where to rate Jake Kelly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Martin left on rookie list for another year - not an automatic upgrade when he's only been played 4 times.

I don't see height in midfield as that important. Better to focus on kicking ability, outside run (we already have Ball, J Thomas and Blair for inside mids) and maybe those that have exposure to senior footy (possible focus from last year's draft seeing as how Grundy, Kennedy & Broomhead all had this)

I don't understand suggestions we'd be interested in Longer, Mumford or Bellchambers (before he resigned) - all are too good to be a back up ruck man when we already have Grundy, Witts & Hudson as insurance. If we want more insurance it should not be as high priced as L, M & B deserve.

I generally agree with Rusty & Blaze's responses to your post. I don't know where to rate Jake Kelly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Martin left on rookie list for another year - not an automatic upgrade when he's only been played 4 times.

I don't see height in midfield as that important. Better to focus on kicking ability, outside run (we already have Ball, J Thomas and Blair for inside mids) and maybe those that have exposure to senior footy (possible focus from last year's draft seeing as how Grundy, Kennedy & Broomhead all had this)

Thinks we should consider Hampson from the blues. Think he is better than Lynch, Witts in second ruck role

Thinks we should consider Hampson from the blues. Think he is better than Lynch, Witts in second ruck role

Don't know lots about him but suspect he's primarily a ruckman who gets rested forward and wouldn't have the necessary mobility to play a role that is primarily a key forward who can ruck rather than ruck who can play forward.

Amen to this. Longer makes as little sense as Mumford and Bellchambers.

We need creative half-forwards with pace, vision and foot skills. If we're confident on Broomhead this would be less of a consideration. We also need mobile key forward/defenders (who doesn't?), and quick crumbing forwards with finishing ability (think Michael Walters of Freo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh my bad replace the half forward luke ball with alex fasolo.... im at work and my boss is watching ... mistakes happen

Yeh a second ruck is requires in which case i would replace goldsack with lynch (unwillingly)

Perhaps you should do some work and wait until you get home to post? Only a suggestion.

Walked out after he got delisted? :p
Yep...Mick was about to press the buzzer.....but Laids got in first......haha I quit.....
Does this affect his status as a delisted free agent?? Is there a diff if you ask the club to let you go compared to the club telling you no contract next year?? I would have thought so.

Woo hoo, let's get Laidler, he can replace Jordan Russell in the VFL backline.:rolleyes::cool:

Yeo would be a much better needs fit for us. Laidler has sameness to some of the other guys in our defense that makes him a poor choice for us. He does deserve a shot somewhere.

I understand that a lot of people think that Thomas is gone, however he is a restricted free agent which means that we only have to offer what Carlton offer him to retain him. He is ours if we want him which is what Eddie said on radio. With the delisting of didak, jolly and Krak we probably have an extra million in the cap. Now the question is what we are going to do with it.

I understand that a lot of people think that Thomas is gone, however he is a restricted free agent which means that we only have to offer what Carlton offer him to retain him. He is ours if we want him which is what Eddie said on radio. With the delisting of didak, jolly and Krak we probably have an extra million in the cap. Now the question is what we are going to do with it.

When did Eddie say that? Apparently we withdrew our offer a few days ago, doesn't look good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back