List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD
Nathan Buckley has put all at Collingwood on notice, revealing his intent for change with his post-game press conference after the Magpies were bundled out of the finals by Port Adelaide. Out-of-contract midfielder Dale Thomas has been heavily linked with Carlton and is already over the line, depending on the people you ask. Buckley has flagged the need for cultural change and some have suggested Heath Shaw may be moved on. However, the rebounding defender still has two years to run on his contract and the Magpies haven't made any clear statement on his future at the club. Richmond's Dustin Martin would add significant zip to the Pies' midfield, but may not fit in with Buckley's culture improvement plans. The Magpies may look for an experienced ruckman, to complement Ben Hudson and emerging big men Brodie Grundy and Jarrod Witts. While a lead-up forward – such as Brisbane Lions youngster Patrick Karnezis – would also fit the bill. Marty Clarke, despite having a year left to run on his contract, may also be well advised to seek opportunities elsewhere after limited senior opportunities this season. The Magpies may find themselves in the Taylor Adams sweepstakes, while Richmond free agent Matt White should be on their radar. – Ben Guthrie

Not Really Whispers but Linked us too Matt White and Patrick Karnezis, I am not sure on White but I reckon Karnezis wouldbe a Great Get

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-18/aflcomaus-trade-whispers

I hope we pick up Dayle Garlett. Everyone deserves a second chance and if he shows that he's turned his life around or is stepping in the right direction then draft him asap.

who the hell is matt white never heard of the guy

really? would be the fastest bloke on Richmonds list and he doesnt break stride when kicking the ball. One of the few players in the AFL who doesnt need to slow down to kick the ball. I dont mind him as a player

Matt White would have almost the quickest acceleration in the league, do not want though, would be playing vfl all year.
Karnezis, if Thomas leave, would be a great pick up, we would have a dangerous fwd line, faz,karnezis,elliot.
think about it, it will be dangerous.

Matt White would have almost the quickest acceleration in the league, do not want though, would be playing vfl all year.
Karnezis, if Thomas leave, would be a great pick up, we would have a dangerous fwd line, faz,karnezis,elliot.

it wouldnt be a bad pick up if White came to us. Does carry the ball very well.
probably would need a Richmond fans point of view on him as a player

Who does the crumbing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people really overrating Karnezis TBH.
Its amazing that as soon as he is linked to us he would be a great pick up.
I think he would struggle to get a game.
Perhaps, but he did have a really good NAB Cup this year and looked set to break out in 2013. Obviously there were defensive issues that held him back, but no doubt there is talent there.

Point is that I think there is something to work with if we can get him at the right price. Not someone you'd bend over backwards for, but he does fill some holes in our side

I wasn't aware of the bolded. It doesn't paint a pretty picture does it. Do you have links to news articles regarding this? Where'd you get the info from?

The Herald Sun revealed last month that Port Adelaide had scrubbed Garlett from its list of draft candidates after he was a no-show for a scheduled interview.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ct-dayle-garlett/story-fni5f22o-1226721153130

Can't be bothered finding the saint kilda one atm but it's somewhere in internet land (also on bigfooty, ask around the knowledgeable saints posters).

The kid isn't fit for a strict AFL lifestyle.

Also the article forgets to mention he was a no show due to alcohol and possible substance use.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ct-dayle-garlett/story-fni5f22o-1226721153130

Can't be bothered finding the saint kilda one atm but it's somewhere in internet land (also on bigfooty, ask around the knowledgeable saints posters).

The kid isn't fit for a strict AFL lifestyle.

Also the article forgets to mention he was a no show due to alcohol and possible substance use.

I agree but unless something major happens he will go this year. It's just a matter as to how early in the ND.

Wouldn't want the pies to take him. The person he reminds me of most given his issues is Andrew Lovett

I agree but unless something major happens he will go this year. It's just a matter as to how early in the ND.

Wouldn't want the pies to take him. The person he reminds me of most given his issues is Andrew Lovett

i think there is a decent chance someone will pick him up in the later rounds of the draft, wouldn't be surprised if no one picks him up again though.

Collingwood Essendon Saint Kilda Port Adelaide would be just a few that already have a black line through his name, and likely a lot more do too.

GWS GC Brisbane melbourne and the bulldogs don't have the leadership to handle him, the swans don't recruit dickheads, WCE would be wary of recruiting someone like that and going back to the dark ben cousin days.. so in reality that only leaves a few teams like freo geelong and norf who imo would consider him. Don't see him lasting too long at either though

collingwood have taken interest into west coast small forward Josh Hill...
would you take him?
who would you trade

IMO WE NEED A THIRD TALL/MEDIUM SIZE FORWARD... WE ARE DONT HAVE A PLAN B -
DUSTIN MARTIN/KARNEZIS/JACKSON PAINE WOULD BE PERFECT TO PLAY THAT ROLE..
GET RID OF LYNCH.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back