List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

tbh, i saw Hartley play last year in the NAB and i really liked what i saw of him and i know Hine rates him very highly.

I have nothing against Frost, and he will probably be on our list next year, but he will never be a best 22 player at Collingwood imo, and he played well at VFL level, played ok against north, but was garbage against Hawks.

Hartley played on israel folau in the nab and did nothing... got 4 touches for memory

I have no idea why some people keep bringing up this phantom good NAB cup performance.

I think we should have a look at Sam Blease from Melbourne.

Pace to burn and a decent user of the ball.

I am also a Fan of his and Would not mind him in the Black and White but I doubt Dees would let him go

If you think we're going to trade or draft early for a small forward or small defender, you're in cloud cuckoo land I have to say. Quite apart from the fact we have plenty of those in view, it's just not a position you need to trade early for.

Said it a million times, but Aaron Davey from Melbourne is a man who has exquisite skills and can play off half-back to set up play and hit targets or as a forward who has poise and can kick goals or set them up.

Blease runs around like a blue arse fly. He has pace and gives something but has serious limitations and offers nothing more than Kennedy will offer. In fact much less. He's a passing fancy.

Davey always play well against us as well

I haven't looked into any contracts, but here it goes...

OUT: B.Johnson(retired), A.Didak(retired) A.Krakouer(retired), B.Sinclair, C.Gault, J.Russell/M.Clarke(keep one), B.Hudson(r), P.Yagmoor(r), J.Frost(r)- 6 AFL listed Players, 3 rookie listed players.

IN: 3 new draftees, 1-2 new recruits, 1-2 rookie promotions, 3 new rookie listed players.

Areas to target;
- New Ruckman. Jolly has one more year tops, Hudson will retire, and i don't think Witts is up to it(yet). I would not be opposed to going after Tommy Bellchambers if the price was right, or just going after a VFL ruckman.
- Key Forward. Next year we will only have Cloke, Paine and Lynch who are recognised Key position forwards. Jury is out on Paine, and Lynch will only have one more year left of footy in him. Scotty Gumbleton or Tom Lynch(gold coast) anyone?
- Small defenders, Tom Bugg?

Jack Frost out!

Really, SwanBet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say just get a decent ruckman in the state leagues if we cant get Currie.

I am not willing to trade this year unless players want out because I really like our young kids coming through and we would need salary cap room for them. I would love to trade Sinclair but lets face it no one would give is anything better than a 3rd rounder so no and I would also contemplate trading Sidebottom for the right price. I think he is a very good footballer who is inconsistent and also overrated. If we could get a top 12 pick for him I would be happy to trade him. I doubt anyone would give us a top 12 pick for him so I think he will stay.

More than happy to use the draft this year again and build on the young players we have. Players like Kennedy, Thomas, Seedsman, Martin, Elliot, Grundy, Paine, Witts and Oxley are going to be guns for the club. We also have the mid 20s in Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke, Brown, MaCaffer, Reid and Harry O that will still be around when these younger players hit their peak. Getting more good young talent should be the goal.

I can't wait for 2015-2018, we are going to be a powerhouse again.

Yarran contracted until end of 2014.

Not that i think Thomas will leave....... but if i did, i wouldn't mind stealing Yarran in return.

I would have dumped a truck full of chicken shit on the front doors of the Wespac Centre before the ink had dried.

****s up our compensation for a player we aren't short on and in a final I know exactly which one i'd rather.

I can't wait for 2015-2018, we are going to be a powerhouse again.

Again? We still are! Looks at us our list has been decimated with injuries the past 2 seasons and we've managed to make it to the preliminary finals last season losing to the eventual premiers. This season same story and looks like we'll play finals :thumbsu: With all the off-field drama we're still putting up the results! We've been playing finals consistently since 2006!
When there it's a slow news day guess who they write stories about??

We are a powerhouse! Lets hope we can get our list together and make an impact in finals this year!!! :)

With Ramsay Shaw Seedsmen Johnson O'Brien i think we have enough running HBs

Johnson wont be playing next year, Harry O plays on a wing, Shaw turns 29 next year, Ramsay has yet to play a game, and while Seedsman has looked the goods he is no star.

I would rather just keep Thomas, but Yarran would be a useful addition. Anyone with his Speed and kicking is useful. We would suddenly look like a different side with Yarran and Young streaming of the half back/wing.

really? he is pretty versatile. Would get a great addition to the backline imo.

I though Yarran got found out as a small back last year (hence the swap with Walker this year). Offers run, but exposed when teams worked out he wasn't very comfortable close to goal and struggled to break a tag.

Very good small forward but it's not a position we lack and (from the outside looking in) not the best attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back