Team Vs Port Adelaide - POWER OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Power out is a huge positive.

Watt has to stay in, they have too many marking forwards for us to play a completely inexperienced backline.

A bit concerned about the 4 talls, Port are very fast. Maybe Petrie tags C.Cornes and kicks 10 on the non chasing inbred pig.

I have faith this Saturday night which is more than last Friday night, when I went to $ Black Hole Dome and feared a massacre.

Reasonably happy with the this team, given who's not available. A few have pointed out Greenwood being dropped, I gotta say I also have a gut feel about him, he definitely has a red hot go, and although he made a few blunders last week, another week or two might have seen him really break out and establish himself.

Glad Warren is getting another week and Scotty M. is in the FL. With Ross and Campbell scooting around Hales feet, and Harro and Swallow giving us some midfield grunt - perhaps its time to start turning this season around.

I know what u mean DR. What's everyone got against Shannon W? The bloke is a dead set gun!

I was talking about the perception that we are too tall. They have Lade, Brogan, Tredrea and Cornes. Aren't they just as tall as our big guys.

Greenwood back in, please...

Laidley, do not drop Ross even if he doesnt have an immediate impact.

I was talking about the perception that we are too tall. They have Lade, Brogan, Tredrea and Cornes. Aren't they just as tall as our big guys.
I wouldnt include Cornes as a 'tall' in the context we are using it. He is fairly agile, quick and got fast hands and feet. He doesnt take an age to get the ball and when he does get it he doesnt take a year and a half to get the ball to boot. He may be tall but doesnt necessarily have to play tall (although he probably could if required).

Im still a bit perplexed why Watt is in that team, we know he cant really outmark or spoil the taller blokes (and some shorter) and he doesnt have a specific requirement for his type down back. We have a forwardline chock full of taller guys so he doesnt really need Watt to create any sort of mismatch. And we have 4 ruckman if need be so no need to ruck him. Can't see where he will play.

Barring that 'non-decision' at this stage I think we can probably sum up our changes as:

In: Attacking
Out: Defensive

Is this an indication we are going to take them on, have we signalled our intentions?

Playing Grima and any other youngster that have shown signs will at least tell the supporters their intentions of what the club is after. Every single lone cell on here would know that we are no chance in hell to win anything so why try and continue to play players that wont be there to play in our next premiership?

will Wells and Campbell run out of legs as they are both returning from injury and will be expected to get about a bit? are they both fit? am more than happy Ross is in, about time!! Goldstein?? well only time will tell. Watt? well he was a nothing selection last week and the luckiest bloke of all is Hale. at least he will make Goldstein seem agile and fleet of foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence to Sam himself coz i'm sure he is a great bloke , but i'm glad he is out .

He was worse than ever before last week and it just had to happen !

On the other hand i feel he will make his way back into the team considering Wellsy is still under a injury cloud .

Lower was on 5AA last night and S. Rowe talked about how Lower had cemented his spot. Lower then went on to talk about Power standing up as one of the next genertion of leaders. Know we know why Lower turned to pwho.

Wish Greenwood was given the same chances as Thomas.

Teams starting to come together, but I would have loved to see Levi hold his spot.
I think Grima must have been close for Watt, and I would've loved to see Sam Wright come in for some experience...... maybe instead of the extra tall in Goldstein?

Playing Grima and any other youngster that have shown signs will at least tell the supporters their intentions of what the club is after. Every single lone cell on here would know that we are no chance in hell to win anything so why try and continue to play players that wont be there to play in our next premiership?

Who will play in our next Premiership gr?

How does Watt staying in help us to deal with their marking forwards?

well it doesn't. he has to play this week to attempt to justify his nothing selection last week.

Its good to see Ross get a game.Would like to see more of greenwood i hope he gets another run this season.I am pretty happy with the team now all we need is a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Vs Port Adelaide - POWER OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back