Backs Richard Hadley Bret Thornton Michael Jamison

Half backs Aaron Joseph Paul Bower Dennis Armfield

Centreline Chris Judd Nick Stevens Jarrad Waite

Half forwards Chris Yarran Matthew Kreuzer Kade Simpson

Forwards Cameron Cloke Brendan Fevola Eddie Betts

Followers Shaun Hampson Bryce Gibbs Marc Murphy

Interchange Mark Austin Jordan Russell Heath Scotland Simon Wiggins

Emergencies Joe Anderson Greg Bentley Steven Browne

Carlton has made four changes to its side to tackle Fremantle at Gold Coast Stadium on Saturday night.

Carlton’s first selection in the 2008 Draft, Chris Yarran, will make his debut. Yarran, was the sixth selection overall in the 2008 draft and will become the 1122nd player to represent the Carlton Football Club.

The Blues have also included former Gold Coast local, Shaun Hampson along with Mark Austin and Richard Hadley.

Greg Bentley, Setanta O’hAilpin and Ryan Houlihan have all been omitted, while Andrew Carrazzo will miss with a hamstring injury. Steven Browne and Joe Anderson join Bentley as emergencies.

Bryce Gibbs will play his 50th AFL match on Saturday night. Gibbs will be the 296th player to reach this milestone. He is the fifth youngest player to reach this milestone at Carlton behind, Robert Walls, Lance Whitnall, Brent Crosswell and John Nicholls.

Gibbs has missed just one match on his way to playing 50 games (Round 8, 2008 v Melbourne), and to date fellow number one draft pick Marc Murphy and Kade Simpson are the only players to play in all 49 games with Gibbs.

Backs Richard Hadley Bret Thornton Michael Jamison

Half backs Aaron Joseph Paul Bower Dennis Armfield

Centreline Chris Judd Nick Stevens Jarrad Waite

Half forwards Chris Yarran Matthew Kreuzer Kade Simpson

Forwards Cameron Cloke Brendan Fevola Eddie Betts

Followers Shaun Hampson Bryce Gibbs Marc Murphy

Interchange Mark Austin Jordan Russell Heath Scotland Simon Wiggins

Emergencies Joe Anderson Greg Bentley Steven Browne

Congratulations to Chris Yarran :)

Where is Thy, he will be sooooooooo excited ;)

Ratts you sneaky bugger!

IN: Yarran, Hampson, Austin and Hadley
OUT: O'hAilpin, Houlihan, Bentley, Carrazzo (inj)

• Banned
WOW that was a surprise no one expected. Well done to Yarran go out there and kill them son. Do you guys think four changes is too much?

and the other mob :-

Fremantle
B: Roger Hayden, Michael Johnson, Antoni Grover
HB: Nic Suban, Luke McPharlin, Steven Dodd
C: Stephen Hill, Paul Hasleby, Garrick Ibbotson
HF: Paul Duffield, Chris Tarrant, Clayton Hinkley
F: Brett Peake, Matthew Pavlich, Dean Solomon
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Byron Schammer, David Mundy
I/C: Ryan Murphy, Matt de Boer, Luke Pratt, Scott Thornton
Emg: Marcus Drum, Josh Head, Andrew Foster

In: Pratt
Out: Ryan Crowley (foot)

New: Luke Pratt (Swan Districts)

4 changes and Cloke remains, he'll do enough over the next few weeks against poor sides to keep his spot until we need him to perform. They haven't seen it yet. Bugger.

Still they are pretty good changes IMO. Great to see Yarran and Austin in finally! Hampson in, hopefully that means they will play Kreuzer forward. Still that means we might be too tall up front with Fev, Kreuz, Cloke, Hammer and Austin all tall options there. They are an ok running side and our height worries me, we could have picked anothe running player instead of a tall I recon. We have lost Houlihan and Carrazzo who have been our smalls up forward but brough in Yarran which is good. It would have been as good of time as any to make the 5th change and give Ellard/Browne/Robinson a go up forward instead of Cloke. If we don't smash Fremantle there's something wrong.

Well done to Gibbsy as well, a great 50 games for us. Can't believe he has got to 50 already talk about stealth. Here's to another 250 more for the Navy Blues. :thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the other mob :-

Fremantle
B: Roger Hayden, Michael Johnson, Antoni Grover
HB: Nic Suban, Luke McPharlin, Steven Dodd
C: Stephen Hill, Paul Hasleby, Garrick Ibbotson
HF: Paul Duffield, Chris Tarrant, Clayton Hinkley
F: Brett Peake, Matthew Pavlich, Dean Solomon
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Byron Schammer, David Mundy
I/C: Ryan Murphy, Matt de Boer, Luke Pratt, Scott Thornton
Emg: Marcus Drum, Josh Head, Andrew Foster

In: Pratt
Out: Ryan Crowley (foot)

New: Luke Pratt (Swan Districts)

Stevens will be happy that the man who has made him is bitch the last couple of times we played them, isn't playing

I jizzed my pants Shaun Hampson is in:thumbsu::thumbsu: Well done to Yarran on debuting, Good on Hads on getting form back and well done Austin, but dropping Hoops really? he hasn't been that bad and thats killing my dreamteam.

I love Shaun hampson.

IN: Yarran, Hampson, Austin and Hadley
OUT: O'hAilpin, Houlihan, Bentley, Carrazzo (inj)

Hey guys just a quick question but i don't know alot about Austin/Hadley/Hampson but aren't they smaller type players? or am i mistaken?

If im not it seems that you have gone for a bit of pace or again am i off the mark?

Any info would be great Thanks!

Btw: for freo

Crowley out and Pratt In. Pratt is a smaller Defender more of a running Half back flanker similar to Hayden just not as good yet.

Let me just says this..................YARRAN.............................YARRAN........gasp.

silverscope, those players you mention are reasonably tall, with Hampson being 200cm+ ;)

However, Hampson is also the fastest player in that group, believe it or not, so in a way we're adding height yet also some pace :thumbsu:

As for the teams, I literally clapped in delight when I saw the lineup! Well done to Yarran and I hope he has a good one. Also congrats to Gibbsy of course.

Yeah maybe, but Hammo is meant to be quick for a big man. Is he faster than Kruz?

Do you reckon Ratts is just doing to Houlihan he did to Scotland by dropping him for a weeks and then bringing him back? Hopefully this is the case, also on his return I would rather him play forward than back.

silverscope, those players you mention are reasonably tall, with Hampson being 200cm+ ;)

However, Hampson is also the fastest player in that group, believe it or not, so in a way we're adding height yet also some pace :thumbsu:

As for the teams, I literally clapped in delight when I saw the lineup! Well done to Yarran and I hope he has a good one. Also congrats to Gibbsy of course.

That's very interesting i would have thought you guys would go Smaller and quicker but then maybe the talls are to cover the likes of Sandilands, Pavlich, Murphy, McPharlin, Tarrant and Grover who can all swing foward at times. Meh... anyway good luck on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams RD 7:- Fremantle v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back