televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen an election debate before, but Rudd was alot more convincing than Howard.
Being a good talker doesn't mean you are a good leader. Anyone can stand up in front of a group and make themselves sound like gods gift to the people, its their actions that count. I'm not willing to give Kevin Rudd and Julia Guilard a chance at running this country along with the Unions.

You believe US foreign policy is the cause of terrorism? Wow... You realise that it isn't only the Americans who are getting blown to shreds all over the world by terrorists :rolleyes: All those Muslims in Pakistan that recently got blown to shreds, clearly the fault of American Policy...

What would Al Qaeda want with trying to murder Bhutto? Nothing.

I wouldn't rule out the Pakistani Army as the directors of this, given the military rule the country is in.

Love hypocrites :rolleyes: Again, you seem to think things like this can be quantified by facts... I never knew you were so good at reading minds. Show me the facts that prove the US went their to get oil. likka you are a waste of time, you referred to Iraqis as the ones blowing up Americans :rolleyes:

yes it is the iraqis blowing up americans, even the US report by the senate showed that the less than 5% of the fighters against the americans are non iraqis thats a fact MOST of the resistance to the americans are native iraqis.

do some research instead of spouting rubbish.

as for the oil alan greenspan, himself said it was about hte oil, and well he was a republican stalwart and possiblyt he most powerfull financiar in the world for over a decade.

and where are the US troops based? mmm, have a look at the distribution of US troops...its at the oil infrastructure and baghdad and SFA elsewhere.

and I'd rather have a fact than rubbish and lies from the whitehouse lol. they wouldn't know a fact from a lie they are so used to lying and those who spout their sentaments are not interested in facts either.

Ladies and gentlemen I believe in a future Australia where we can join the Kyoto protocal and reduce green house gases by the year 2050. I believe in education and the working family, not those who make money. I believe in broadband. I also believe in the ending of the mining boom and australias future economic growth which is non-reliant on the mining industry. I believe that together we can make a better Australia, I represnt the country, even though 70% of my part leaders are former union officials.

Guess who.
I can't remember any other points he made?

I tell you what mate, you need some education on spelling and grammar. BTW keep on believing your mate - he is gone for all money after tonight.

Haven't seen an election debate before, but Rudd was alot more convincing than Howard.
Opposition leaders usually are. Although this time I thought it might be different, as Howard hasn't really been able to drive the media agenda in recent times (until the tax announcement).
As always, the debate will most likely prove a non-event in terms of actual votes. We're still five weeks out, actual issues (and fresher perceptions) will over-ride the debate's impact in the interim.

Being a good talker doesn't mean you are a good leader. Anyone can stand up in front of a group and make themselves sound like gods gift to the people, its their actions that count. I'm not willing to give Kevin Rudd and Julia Guilard a chance at running this country along with the Unions.

So you are a supporter of the Liberals "born to rule" mentality.

Democracy and freedom of association are dead in this country because of the Liberal party.

So you are a supporter of the Liberals "born to rule" mentality.

Democracy and freedom of association are dead in this country because of the Liberal party.
I am a supporter of those I believe will put this country in a better position in aspects I believe are important. In this case I think Howard and Costello will do a better job than Rudd and Guilard. Deal with it.

Ladies and gentlemen I believe in a future Australia where we can join the Kyoto protocal and reduce green house gases by the year 2050. I believe in education and the working family, not those who make money. I believe in broadband. I also believe in the ending of the mining boom and australias future economic growth which is non-reliant on the mining industry. I believe that together we can make a better Australia, I represnt the country, even though 70% of my part leaders are former union officials.

Guess who.

You sound like you are suffering badly seeing the lying little rodent get chopped up and spat out by Rudd .

Get ready for a change of government ...no more MR Sheen whooo hooooo :D

No. They didn't drop bombs on the people because they had different beliefs; they dropped bombs on the people in an attempt to protect their own country and Japan's neighbouring regions from getting taken over.Now you are comparing extremists in Iraq to wars? :rolleyes: I hope you can grasp this difference but think you might fall short.

Comparing those who kill innocents to win a war to those who kill innocents to win a war is incorrect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a supporter of those I believe will put this country in a better position in aspects I believe are important. In this case I think Howard and Costello will do a better job than Rudd and Guilard. Deal with it.

Okay I will.

What are those aspects?

I suspect they aren't education, health, worker's rights, the environment....

And what if everyone left Iraq now and the country turned into a Darfur situation with two rival groups murdering each other with no middle group their to attempt to control the situation?

Well, the world would blame the 'coalition of the willing' for directly causing a foreseeable civil war that led to the death of tens or hundreds of thousands of people. That's some great humanitarian work right there.

Guess who.

That's something that really hasn't been mentioned a terrible lot this week.

Guess who.

PPFFFFFFFFFT.

No mention of an economic conservative?
No mention of an education revolution?

I mock your mock of Rudd :D

You believe US foreign policy is the cause of terrorism? Wow... You realise that it isn't only the Americans who are getting blown to shreds all over the world by terrorists :rolleyes:

This statement doesn't actually make any sense.

That's something that really hasn't been mentioned a terrible lot this week.
Tne 70% thing is also something which was shown (albeit very badly) to be wrong on Insiders. Barrie Cassidy really screwed that interview up at that point.
A few of those listed as being in the 70% were apparently never union officials at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back