televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't rocket science. Extremists who blow up innocent people purely based on their beliefs are terrorists. Is that a hard concept for your brain to accept?

So those who dropped the bombs on Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden are terrorists?

Absolute smashing. Not even arguable.

The only argument possible is how much difference it will make (very little would be my guess), but that was so one-sided I felt embarassed for the bloke.

so you have no facts no understand and just abuse...

no wonder you reckon howard did well in the debate :rolleyes:
Love hypocrites :rolleyes: Again, you seem to think things like this can be quantified by facts... I never knew you were so good at reading minds. Show me the facts that prove the US went their to get oil. likka you are a waste of time, you referred to Iraqis as the ones blowing up Americans :rolleyes:

It isn't rocket science. Extremists who blow up innocent people purely based on their beliefs are terrorists. Is that a hard concept for your brain to accept?

I'd have thought 'civil war' would be more appropriate terminology than 'terrorism'. But I guess 'terrorism' suits the purpose of fear-mongering and politicisation that Howard was aiming for.

So those who dropped the bombs on Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden are terrorists?
No. They didn't drop bombs on the people because they had different beliefs; they dropped bombs on the people in an attempt to protect their own country and Japan's neighbouring regions from getting taken over. Now you are comparing extremists in Iraq to wars? :rolleyes: I hope you can grasp this difference but think you might fall short.

I'd have thought 'civil war' would be more appropriate terminology than 'terrorism'. But I guess 'terrorism' suits the purpose of fear-mongering and politicisation that Howard was aiming for.

But you would describe WW2 as unjust and Hitler as misunderstood so I would think anyone with a sane mind would disregard your sympathetic thoughts on terrorism

Yeah, when the ratings come out and show that everyone was watching Australian Idol instead, we'll know the answer to that.

Kath & Kim actually.

As I said

2001 Labor won 67-33
2004 Labor won 67-33
2007 Labor won 65-29

Debates. Mean. Nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fear-mongering? You don't think our countries citizens getting blown to shreds overseas is something to fear and protect ourselves against? I give up on you :rolleyes:

Love hypocrites :rolleyes: Again, you seem to think things like this can be quantified by facts... I never knew you were so good at reading minds. Show me the facts that prove the US went their to get oil. likka you are a waste of time, you referred to Iraqis as the ones blowing up Americans :rolleyes:

What was the motive to go to Iraq? There has been no conclusive link that Saddam and Al Qaeda were in cahoots. In fact, the opposite applied i.e. Saddam couldn't stand Bin Laden.

Were there weapons of mass destruction? None found.
Was it to just oust Saddam? Had to be a part of it.

What about peak oil? That's ahppening, and the US needs to get all it can get.

As for opposing terrorists - why not get to the root cause of the problem - US foreign policy over the years. The seeming want to impose it's will on others that would only benefit it. Why are the US walking into Burma and instituting regime change there? Because they have nothing to gain from it.

Fear-mongering? You don't think our countries citizens getting blown to shreds overseas is something to fear and protect ourselves against? I give up on you :rolleyes:

"Our countries citizens"? All two of them who've died, you mean? And one of them from his own firearm? And the other one in Afghanistan, not Iraq? You were talking about the Iraqis five minutes ago. Make up your mind.

Qsaint said:
But you would describe WW2 as unjust and Hitler as misunderstood so I would think anyone with a sane mind would disregard your sympathetic thoughts on terrorism

Now that's a hell of an impressive strawman. Did you construct that yourself?

Ladies and gentlemen I believe in a future Australia where we can join the Kyoto protocal and reduce green house gases by the year 2050. I believe in education and the working family, not those who make money. I believe in broadband. I also believe in the ending of the mining boom and australias future economic growth which is non-reliant on the mining industry. I believe that together we can make a better Australia, I represnt the country, even though 70% of my part leaders are former union officials.

Guess who.
I can't remember any other points he made?

As for opposing terrorists - why not get to the root cause of the problem - US foreign policy over the years. The seeming want to impose it's will on others that would only benefit it. Why are the US walking into Burma and instituting regime change there? Because they have nothing to gain from it.
You believe US foreign policy is the cause of terrorism? Wow... You realise that it isn't only the Americans who are getting blown to shreds all over the world by terrorists :rolleyes: All those Muslims in Pakistan that recently got blown to shreds, clearly the fault of American Policy...

"Our countries citizens"? All two of them who've died, you mean? And one of them from his own firearm? And the other one in Afghanistan, not Iraq? You were talking about the Iraqis five minutes ago. Make up your mind.

Now that's a hell of an impressive strawman. Did you construct that yourself?
He wasn't referring to only Australia as the targets of terrorism. Hey guys, as long as our own citizens aren't getting blown the **** up its OK :rolleyes: You do realise that terrorism cells are interlinked world wide, they are in organisations... Not just one guy who wakes up one morning and decides to go strap TNT to himself and run into a market place.

Remove this Banner Ad

televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back