MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

It is quite clear that consistency is not a word in the MRPs vocabulary.
One of the key reasons cited for introducing the MRP was to improve consistency for the players and fans . Now they only brag about less traffic.

We were lucky with thompson on stevie johnson...

The problem is and always will be, the grey areas.

What is the difference between reckless and negligent? Very subjective, impossible to adjudicate.

Same with low, medium and high levels of impact. No clearly defined lines.

Just spit balling here so please point out exceptions or irregularities where these won't work... but could they try to remove the subjective element to the 'impact' level:

No impact - player continues to play and receives no treatment (a zero multiplier so no suspensions possible with this ranking)
Low impact - player receives treatment on the field but plays on without further issue
Medium impact - player has to leave the field for treatment
High impact - player takes no further part in the game

I'd try to trim the other categories down as well. Piss off reckless/negligent:
Highest - Deliberate/behind play - intent was to hurt, not to tackle legally or win the football
Medium - In Play - occured while tackling, bumping or attempting to win the football
Lowest - Accidental - had no intention or awareness that a collision/incident was going to occur (a zero multiplier so no suspensions possible with this ranking)

Anyone notice a melbourne player went down behind play. I didnt see who or what did it.
I think you are talking about Frawley and it involved Tex and another player but it was harmless. Basically he ran into Tex's legitimate hip and shoulder but it forced him into one of our other players. He was crunched but it was fair.

I think you are talking about Frawley and it involved Tex and another player but it was harmless. Basically he ran into Tex's legitimate hip and shoulder but it forced him into one of our other players. He was crunched but it was fair.
From memory it was between the center square and the fifty left of screen.

Just caught the replay of On the Couch. They showed the Garland tackle on Tippett. Roos didn't think the tackle was that bad because he said Tippett contributed to the lift/sling motion because he lifted his leg in an attempt to kick the ball....exactly what Morris did but Tex was made out to be the biggest thug in football.

Good to see Tex executing a perfect tackle for HTB against Dunn in the 3rd Q, heart was in my mouth for a split second !

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back