Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Gary is the bookies fav at the moment but I think Dane Swan could give it a shake. Joel Selwood at $8.50 last time I looked.

Can Gazza do it this year?:thumbsu:

Which Footy wife/girlfriend will steal the show with her outfit this year?

Re: The Brownlow Thread

Gaz is apprently a massive go with the punters at the moment. Have shortened him into $2.75, but we know what happened the last 2 years when he was favourite.
Personally I think he will win in the high 20's with Hayes and maybe Swan the dangers depending on how the umpires rate the amount of ball that Swan gets. We all know high posession doesnt amount to votes.
St Kilda has a list of 4 players, Riewoldt, Hayes, Montagna and Dal Santo that will take too many votes of each other so I'm predicting probably Hayes to be their leader but not poll enough to win.
For us I think Stevie J will poll well early and Joel Selwood will be consistent but Gaz has had an outstanding year and should have around 6-7 3 vote games which would be enough.

Good luck Gaz and Sel.

Well Geelong will have more players with votes than any other team but that is the only thing i am sure of. Gaz missing a few games and having team mates steal votes will cause him to miss another 1.. That is my guess anyways.

Mitchell has played all 22 games, been our best player all year, and hasn't had many players to steal votes from him in 2009. The Brownlow is his.

Joking :D But he has been good, I expect a Top 10 finish but nothing more really. He's ineligible anyway. Good luck to Gazza this year. It would be nice to see him win it, but if he didn't, I think he will still go down as one of the greats. Not all champions win Brownlows - see Wayne Carey, Leigh Matthews, Gary Ablett Sr.

I can't imagine how gaz can win it.

But I have been racking my head for weeks trying to work out who will get our votes as we will get lots.

It might just end up being an even spread.
Gaz had patches of games, so did chappy, SJ, corey, selwood.

Maybe this is how it pans out
SJ gets 15
Chappy 14
Corey 16
Selwood 20
Ablett 19

Thats 75% of our votes.

967846-brownlow-glamour.jpg

:thumbsu:

966327-brownlow-glamour.jpg

:thumbsdown:

i hope gaz can just to et the monkey off the back so to speak... i think hayes is the best of the roughies

wouldnt be dissapointed if selwood won it, got on him at 67/1 preseason from some advice on this forum... if he wins i'll have someone on here to thank

As much as this is still just a rumour (because I was not there), I thought I would share it with you guys. A good mate of mine was at a pub after work with an AFL Umpire (not going to name him) and the Umpires mate. While they were sitting around having a drink the Umpire passed $1000 to his mate, who proceeded to the TAB area of the Pub. Obviously my mate thought this was suss and followed him to the TAB area. As my mate walked passed him he peered over his shoulder and could see that the guy placed the whole $1000 on Adam Goodes to win the Brownlow. I am not going to say that Goodes will definitely win the Brownlow, but just thought it was worth a mention.

To be fair to Jimmy's GF that is a bad photo. I've seen other photos where she is nice. Some photos people just look 'meh' when they are actually :thumbsu:

I just backed Hayes.

I had to have an interest bet................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as this is still just a rumour (because I was not there), I thought I would share it with you guys. A good mate of mine was at a pub after work with an AFL Umpire (not going to name him) and the Umpires mate. While they were sitting around having a drink the Umpire passed $1000 to his mate, who proceeded to the TAB area of the Pub. Obviously my mate thought this was suss and followed him to the TAB area. As my mate walked passed him he peered over his shoulder and could see that the guy placed the whole $1000 on Adam Goodes to win the Brownlow. I am not going to say that Goodes will definitely win the Brownlow, but just thought it was worth a mention.

After Goodes got 2 votes after getting toweled up by Ling in the game down here last year, that story wouldn't surprise me one iota.

Jimmehs sheila not my cup of tea either

She's not forcing herself on you, so you can rest easy CMF. I'm sure he'll decide to get serious in the next couple of years and hook up with your sister/daughter/cousin whatever. For now let him have his fun and sow his seed as much as he likes :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Brownlow Thread- Ablett Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back