Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

He works hard when we have the ball to get free and into a position to be a link in the chain... The problem with this is that also gets a lot of cheap not overly dangerous ball that are kicks from half back..

Indeed. His meters gained is pathetic though. Really, really bad. The worst of all the mids in the side, which reflects what you're saying. Being a link in the chain, meters gained should be a stat in your favour. He's got no confidence at all - and as you've also said, takes no risks.

He's made so many mistakes when trying to take risks, he prefers to just take the easy option. This is again, sure sign of no confidence... and a mentality of preservation mode.

Cam Guthrie is Goldilocks, it's gotta be 'just right' for him or he'll always struggle. He never dictates, influences, puts a stamp on a game, etc. Classic passenger player.

Cam relies on his arms only and never gets in close enough to crunch and bring his opponent down. That's a huge liability when we are constantly in deficit for clearances.

This 100% correct, good post.

For those who don't know, this is how you identify a player who is either soft or normally just can't be bothered in a particular game. Hitting the body, going at the hips, it HURTS. Guthrie's tackles are all in close. His physical presence is zero, which is why anyone calling him a tagger is just hilarious.

Typical drivel. Sounds like some people can't stand being proven wrong.

Such flattery....takes my breath away....but please, I cant take anymore...please....get back to the one topic you contribute to this Board...

We all await with baited (sic) breath....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or hung. For me that was his best game this season and we should acknowledge that.

Yes, it was.

Early on I thought he was going to give us little, but he lifted as the game went in.

I've been critical of him, but happy to acknowledge he was better last night. I'd now like to see that continue.

The good the bad and the ugly from Cam but more exceptable,he still needs to go to school on his tackling ,I didn't notice him trailing in behind opponents so much last night ,kicked a couple of good goals but might have given up one,he was good with the hands at the stoppages,I seen Joel having what looked like a real stern word to him when they were going through the banner at the start,I'll have a look at a replay later i'm interested in if they tweaked his role at the first break.He didn't drive me bananas last night after quarter time.

Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back