Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it was.

Early on I thought he was going to give us little, but he lifted as the game went in.

I've been critical of him, but happy to acknowledge he was better last night. I'd now like to see that continue.
He actually steps up when you don't expect him to. He's a good support player.

The one that is for mine the best player at Geelong right now is Duncan.

They all gave him a touch up as they rotated onto him
Don't say that too loudly you'll get a group of numbers thrown in your face.

Damning that he couldn't win those three on ones.
Last night he loses the 3 vs 1 battle, previously he lost the 5 vs 1 battle; no wonder he gets judged harshly on here when he's expected to beat multiple opponents at the same time. Maybe it's time for teammates to step up and help him out

Damning that he couldn't win those three on ones.
It was a one on one battle that made it's way to a three on one due to his inability to put his body on the line and lock the ball in. Instead he hesitantly went towards it and allowed it to get out the back where Adelaide had the numbers. Watch it again.

Drop him. No point even going into how bad he is so I’ll just say -4.0 metres gained.

I've steered well clear of this whole debate, but I reckon if we have someone waiting in the wings ready to fill his role - and like it or not he has nominally been playing as a defensive midfielder, never mind his success or lack of in that role - then its time to try them out.

If not then he needs to be on notice, we cannot run with such an ineffectual midfiel; they're not going to ditch Kelly or Dangerfield (and nor should they) so it may be time to tinker with the supporting cast.

Constable, Menegola, dare I say even Scott Selwood, all have to be in the frame if and when they are available.

Drop him. No point even going into how bad he is so I’ll just say -4.0 metres gained.
He is putrid. A total embarrassment to the entire club.

1. The fact he keeps getting selected
2. The fact he shows absolutely no desire
3. Pays his opponent no respect.
4. Softest player on our list. And that says something when the list includes Parsons.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping Guthrie will be the first step in righting our midfield woes.I'll go on record now and say we won't win a final if he's starting at center bounces in September.Book mark it.
I said that weeks ago.

Dropping Guthrie will be the first step in righting our midfield woes.I'll go on record now and say we won't win a final if he's starting at center bounces in September.Book mark it.

Get Constable back in.

Don't care what they've had him working on. We need a hard nosed ferret to get the ball, so put him in there and say 'just go find it for us son'.

Maybe even SS........

But we were struggling before he came back in...oh wait
But we were struggling before he came back in last year....oh wait umm
Hey we just need him allright! defensive mid or something, or clearances or something

Get chook in there. At least he can get his hands on the ball first, rather than constantly being 2nd to the ball like guthrie.
It's good that Guthrie is second to the ball. It means his fans can bring up his tackle numbers.

Get chook in there. At least he can get his hands on the ball first, rather than constantly being 2nd to the ball like guthrie.

Constable has missed the last two VFL games so I can't see him coming straight back into the seniors when he wasn't even an emergency the week before.

But, yes, it's time to make a statement by dropping a senior player and Guthrie's number one on the list. Menegola won't be ready but Parsons or S. Selwood will.

Constable has missed the last two VFL games so I can't see him coming straight back into the seniors when he wasn't even an emergency the week before.

But, yes, it's time to make a statement by dropping a senior player and Guthrie's number one on the list. Menegola won't be ready but Parsons or S. Selwood will.

Did he have a concussion?

Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back