Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Constable has missed the last two VFL games so I can't see him coming straight back into the seniors when he wasn't even an emergency the week before.

But, yes, it's time to make a statement by dropping a senior player and Guthrie's number one on the list. Menegola won't be ready but Parsons or S. Selwood will.
At this point I’d rather parsons. I can’t remember the last time a midfielder was in the minuses for metres gained?

Drop him. No point even going into how bad he is so I’ll just say -4.0 metres gained.

I didn't think Guthrie could reach a new level of lame, I was wrong. Wow! His average meters gained for the season is just as horrendous. Completely useless as a mid, inside and out.

How, just HOW can a club carry a player with such a negative mindset? A player so completely out of the game, unwilling to compete at anywhere near the level required? Guthrie is just treading water, has been for so long now. What does the club do? Benches him, his TOG% is dropping all the time.

This is pathetic from the club. A 150 game senior player is not being challenged to perform, clearly. The club calls him a 'quite achiever', cause that's all they can say. Nothing else adds up. The club needs to grow a pair and get serious about the opportunity this team has to win a premiership in 2019, as others have said, we're not winning dick with any reliance on Guthrie in the middle. Cut the BS. He's completely inconsequential to anything going on out there.

I didn't think Guthrie could reach a new level of lame, I was wrong. Wow! His average meters gained for the season is just as horrendous. Completely useless as a mid, inside and out.

How, just HOW can a club carry a player with such a negative mindset? A player so completely out of the game, unwilling to compete at anywhere near the level required? Guthrie is just treading water, has been for so long now. What does the club do? Benches him, his TOG% is dropping all the time.

This is pathetic from the club. A 150 game senior player is not being challenged to perform, clearly. The club calls him a 'quite achiever', cause that's all they can say. Nothing else adds up. The club needs to grow a pair and get serious about the opportunity this team has to win a premiership in 2019, as others have said, we're not winning dick with any reliance on Guthrie in the middle. Cut the BS. He's completely inconsequential to anything going on out there.

Who would you replace him with?

Who would you replace him with?

Constable should be playing in Menegola's absence. I wouldn't have had him in the midfield as much as Guthrie is, I'd rotate others in / out. I'd play SS if Constable really dropped off and Menegola still wasn't available.

Guthrie is going nowhere. He's only gotten worse since 2016, certainly no improvement. Constable is fresh, young, his stats compared extremely well V Guthrie early in the year. We could have had another 10 or so games into a youngster and gotten similar 'real' output IMO. Instead we persist with a senior, under performer delivering the same shit all the time.

Guthrie should be competing to be in the bests, at least somewhere near Duncan regularly. I'd say he believes what he's doing is enough (one can only assume), which is a complete GFC failure. Why now start benching him for long periods? Pointless!!

Then again, Tuohy gained 722 metres in the match and some people want him dropped. I guess metres gained isn't everything (to some at least).

Last edited:
Constable should be playing in Menegola's absence. I wouldn't have had him in the midfield as much as Guthrie is, I'd rotate others in / out. I'd play SS if Constable really dropped off and Menegola still wasn't available.

Guthrie is going nowhere. He's only gotten worse since 2016, certainly no improvement. Constable is fresh, young, his stats compared extremely well V Guthrie early in the year. We could have had another 10 or so games into a youngster and gotten similar 'real' output IMO. Instead we persist with a senior, under performer delivering the same s**t all the time.

Guthrie should be competing to be in the bests, at least somewhere near Duncan regularly. I'd say he believes what he's doing is enough (one can only assume), which is a complete GFC failure. Why now start benching him for long periods? Pointless!!

Yep, I'd like to see Constable, Menegola and Parfitt back in there

Then again, Tuohy gained 722 metres and some people want him dropped. I guess metres gained isn't everything (to some at least).

True, I've posted the average meters gained though. Guthrie was the worst of all our mids, by a considerable margin.

Tuohy's meters gained was as such last night because we were in a constant state of rebound, and he had a lot of it. I think it's silly to have a crack at any of our defenders to be honest, they really copped it last night. I thought Tuohy was good in fact. He had 10 rebound50s, some of his disposal wasn't great, but I was there to see how stagnant his options were. We were lazy in presenting / finding space.

Who else could play midfield and return negative metres gained? #legend #guthintheguts #MCWTF

View attachment 704997

I wonder why Fogarty had so little game time? Explains why I hardly saw him - 12 touches from pretty much half a game (54%) isn't too bad really.

Guthrie as well - only 65%. Why did these two have such low TOG? Fitness thing (if so, why are they in the team to start with?)? Were they playing the same role and alternating from the bench?

I don't know if it's normal - I've never looked into the time on ground figures - but it seems strange to have two guys with such little time on the ground these days, particularly with Kolo's early exit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both sides could make a decent case,he had enough of the footy but the decision making and disposal are a bit suss at the moment.
Hardly 2E's fault really, it's always hard 1 out, but I was hoping he could beat Bont in that 1on1 that sealed the game. He is a defender.
I know its harsh but was just a bit of a bummer.

Bont is a top 5 player in the league. He destroyed Richmond just about by himself. Not many beat him.
Yeah I know. I said it was harsh. I notice Dusty often beats experienced defenders 1 out too. Obviously Danger.
Preety handy, gun mids that beat experienced defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back