Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers have a draft haul about to come in and a proper key forward to start with.

I beg to differ.
I'd still rate our list ahead of the Tigers. They don't have any defender as good as Lever or May. JVR is as good as any of their young key forwards. And Koz, Trac, Riv, Windsor, Gawn? I don't see how their list is better.

Made up my mind, legit swapping teams to Tassie when they come in if Goodwin is still here. But its time to support a real team and proper coach for the rest of the year, the Storm and Craig Bellamy. Done watching Dees games after today just like in 2019 where I didnt bother watching the rest of the season after Kings/Queens Birthday.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

A lot of people happy to sink the boots into Goodwin when things don't go our way, but we came in tonight with a clear plan to shut down their overlap game and their main movers (especially Stewart and Cameron) and executed it well. Coaching staff clearly deserve a lot of credit for that win. While it wasn't always pretty to watch, I'd prefer that to than losing. Hope all the posters here who were tugging themselves off at the prospect of losing 130-120 in 2018 style are crying themselves to sleep right now.

Credit to Goody tonight. Shut down the Cats strengths. Still concerned about that forward half, but he's getting the most out of our strengths.

Yeah credit to the coaches. Wasn't pretty for most of the game, especially up forward, but good that we were able to execute a plan to get over them and able to play a different week-to-week depending on oppo

Am I giving Goody credit for a great win and dismissing 3 unbelievably shit quarters of footy?

Season 4 No GIF

He did some very good coaching tonight

Lol at the blokes who's opinion flips week to week.

Same way we won games last year, there was no coaching master class we killed the game for 3 quarters and won the last quarter. That game style won't do a ****ing thing in September and I'll bet you money on that right now.

You must love tugging yourself to straight set exits because we're looking down the barrel of it again

1152413.jpg

You, Jeremy Cameron, play as bad as you have in years

9455adec-5ba5-41bd-b78a-e01debeb90ec_text.gif

1152413.jpg

You, Harrison Petty, mark everything tonight

1152413.jpg

You, Fritsch and Gawn, kick goals that are a 1/10 chance in the final quarter of a close game

When is our victory lap being held Topkent for what we said after the win vs Geelong?

A little thing that annoyed me about the press conference yesterday was when hes said something like "I know our supporters are disappointed and they want us to win" .... he just doesnt get it. Losing isnt the main problem, we are Dees fans we can handle losing. The supporters want to be entertained, this shit is completely unwatchable even in wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little thing that annoyed me about the press conference yesterday was when hes said something like "I know our supporters are disappointed and they want us to win" .... he just doesnt get it. Losing isnt the main problem, we are Dees fans we can handle losing. The supporters want to be entertained, this shit is completely unwatchable even in wins.
I'd genuinely prefer Beveridge or Hinkley coaching this team. At least we'd be flat track bullies and could kick a decent score.

That should be the new membership slogan

Geelong win was alright I thought. Back to back wins in Adelaide decent.

Wheels have well and truly fallen off since then.
Were they really? Same boring shit for the most part that has got us nowhere for the past three years. The Port game was alright I suppose but the Geelong and Adelaide wins were exactly what I hate about this team.

Goody is so reliant on a star player carrying us to a win these days it's insane. You could literally have a carbon rod coaching this team and you'd see similar results.

Were they really? Same boring shit for the most part that has got us nowhere for the past three years. The Port game was alright I suppose but the Geelong and Adelaide wins were exactly what I hate about this team.
I think to some extent you can only play as well as other teams let you.
I'd like us to score more goals too but our forward line is junk.

I'd like us to score more goals too but our forward line is junk.
No offense Toump but that is complete bullshit and such a bad excuse. Sydney's forward line is no better than ours in terms of talent.

No offense Toump but that is complete bullshit and such a bad excuse. Sydney's forward line is no better than ours in terms of talent.
Yeah I get it. Poor ball movement, our forwards don't lead.
Would love if our midfielders were hitting the scoreboard as much as Sydneys.

Yeah I get it. Poor ball movement, our forwards don't lead.
Would love if our midfielders were hitting the scoreboard as much as Sydneys.
Our forwards get ****ed over by coaching more than any unit in the league.

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back