Roast The $$Dump$$ Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well folks I called it and called it early. I said I had inside info weeks ago that eagles would look to pick split to pick up locals, I said they would accept a slightly crappy deal because they were a bit spooked. Well it's all playing out that way. Many on here called me BS and liar, well those people have egg on their face now. Sadly I was hoping eagles would get a better deal then 8 and 12 but my sources indicated they want locals. So there you go.

So we've done a bit of risk management and decided that two middling talents is preferable to one elite talent (based on phantom drafts etc) because we're scared the elite talent will run home to Mummy?

We're cowards, and the players are sooks and I'm melting.
When i was told the insider info weeks ago that the recruiters wanted to pick split to target locals i was dissapointed too. I thought our retention history would give us confidence in selecting wardlaw or Sheezel but alas our recruiters are cowards you are right friend.

Well folks I called it and called it early. I said I had inside info weeks ago that eagles would look to pick split to pick up locals, I said they would accept a slightly crappy deal because they were a bit spooked. Well it's all playing out that way. Many on here called me BS and liar, well those people have egg on their face now. Sadly I was hoping eagles would get a better deal then 8 and 12 but my sources indicated they want locals. So there you go.
SGIO go go go

I could say I knew about it 3 months ago but it was obvious as the Pieman likes doing this and it strategically made sense. Hell, even the ill informed like Rendell have been saying it.

So if you are Matt Rendell or his love child, well done. Egg on face? I don't think so.

SGIO go go go

I could say I knew about it 3 months ago but it was obvious as the Pieman likes doing this and it strategically made sense. Hell, even the ill informed like Rendell have been saying it.

So if you are Matt Rendell or his love child, well done. Egg on face? I don't think so.
Difference for me is it's all in writing in my posts. I copped a lot of sh#t for it from some big egos on here for treading on their turf. Not yourself. I'm not normally one to boast but given the abuse I've so harshly copped I feel entitled to give some back. So yes egg is on their face not yours though. Appreciate your posts and love asterix books have read them all and collect them.

1. O'Brien said a good couple of weeks ago that the club was open to offers to split pick to and;
2. We haven't even drafted yet, so save your gloating until we actually do pick up 2 WA players.

1. O'Brien said a good couple of weeks ago that the club was open to offers to split pick to and;
2. We haven't even drafted yet, so save your gloating until we actually do pick up 2 WA players.
It's already being reported from media that the club are interested in local talent and shepherd has said the club will take ginbey at pick 8 which i think is likely if he is still there. It's highly likely now with 8 and 12 and 20 that we get atleast 2 locals imo provided some other club doesn't take them first. I also said we would accept a slightly crappy deal to slide back which we have, sad to be right on that one. Look I don't normally boast but I was abused quite heavily when i originally made my predictions so i will give some back to the big ego boys club.

Last edited:
Based on anything specific? Or just that we’re going local with all the picks?
Just going local. So unless said local player is gone which is possible but even then who knows who we will pick. I think Ginbey will go at pick 8 and Busslinger/Hewett are a real chance at 8 or 20. Hard to land all 3 but I think landing 2 out of those 3 is quite possible now if no club takes one before us.

Yep... some rando on bigfooty definitely has the inside scoop... :rolleyes:

Congratulations, you won the interwebz.

Media outlets now reporting that west coast are the big loser is the 4 club mega trade. Port the big winner. Reports stating it's very rare a club gives up pick 2 and does not receive at least 2 top 10 picks. Report stating the deal looks lopsided against eagles. Then report goes on to say eagles accepted lopsided deal to get locals. Port you tuber named pears laughing on you tube on how port bent over all the other clubs. Port fans rejoicing at the trade laughing at ripping off other clubs blind especially gws and eagles on their forums. We have been bent over quite badly i must say. We deserved 6 and 9 as a neutral trade not 8 and 12. Or we should have got 8 12 and 19. To slide from 2 to 8 and only get given 12 is too low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't exactly go out on a limb, was pretty obvious it might happen. I don't think they did it to take locals though.

Media outlets now reporting that west coast are the big loser is the 4 club mega trade. Port the big winner. Reports stating it's very rare a club gives up pick 2 and does not receive at least 2 top 10 picks. Report stating the deal looks lopsided against eagles. Then report goes on to say eagles accepted lopsided deal to get locals. Port you tuber named pears laughing on you tube on how port bent over all the other clubs. Port fans rejoicing at the trade laughing at ripping off other clubs blind especially gws and eagles on their forums. We have been bent over quite badly i must say. We deserved 6 and 9 as a neutral trade not 8 and 12. Or we should have got 8 12 and 19. To slide from 2 to 8 and only get given 12 is too low.

Wce will have the last laugh in 2023..

So many on here posting lopsided hypothetical trades in our favour, maybe it's karma that we ended up getting given a lopsided trade against us for being too cocky. Gosh we got bent over badly. If we get pick 1 next year it might go for pick 7 and 11 as clubs will think you can bend those blokes over easy, easy.

Only thing about having pick 8 is that Geelong will end up with 7.

Will be an annoyance to have them pick up a WA boy and not the local other than Clark. Conversely, it wouldn’t surprise if he was the kind of person we had in mind trading down the draft for. He’s not flashy but I reckon he ends up playing a lot of high quality footy wherever he ends up.

You didn't exactly go out on a limb, was pretty obvious it might happen. I don't think they did it to take locals though.
As I said before I didn't just call the pick split which was not going out on a limb I agree. I called that we would accept a raw deal tick, that we would be spooked by go home factor which looks like being highly likely to be true as well. Fact is, is that it looks like my Intel was right, whether your ego likes it or not. Swallow your pride friend.

Good thing it will be when the campaigners from Port finish last!! :beercheers:
Here's hoping friend, it maybe the only thing that saves us from this sh#t show. Honestly first the tk trade bent over now this. We have a reputation now, of just taking it. Taking what we are given. A soft touch.

Only thing about having pick 8 is that Geelong will end up with 7.

Will be an annoyance to have them pick up a WA boy and not the local other than Clark. Conversely, it wouldn’t surprise if he was the kind of person we had in mind trading down the draft for. He’s not flashy but I reckon he ends up playing a lot of high quality footy wherever he ends up.
You know if Ginbey gets hyped enough at this combine I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong picked him. They screwed us on tim Kelly and they like big mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The $$Dump$$ Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back