Oppo Camp The Hawthorn Racism Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Statement from Clarkson

Doesn’t directly deny the allegations but expresses shock at the reports findings and maintains he wasn’t interviewed or has seen the report

High stakes for the league, clubs and the individuals involved

Edit : Other posters have pointed out that he does, in fact, deny the allegations

Last edited:
I feel like it's a riddle. Maybe the words are all out of order, like an anagram puzzle waiting to be solved?

Is WOL w@nking out loud?

The AFL is a pretty f**ked industry when all is said and done - the injunctions (Hawks again), Essendon scandal, Wayne Carey, the Adelaide scandal, ongoing racism and the sweepings under the carpet left right and centre.
What a sh*tfest. The incoming CEO has a big job on his hands. Bring out your dirty linen ya'all.

The AFL is a pretty f**ked industry when all is said and done - the injunctions (Hawks again), Essendon scandal, Wayne Carey, the Adelaide scandal, ongoing racism and the sweepings under the carpet left right and centre.
What a sh*tfest. The incoming CEO has a big job on his hands. Bring out your dirty linen ya'all.

Concussion is the ticking time bomb in more than one way.

Saw it elsewhere: if the allegations surrounding whats gone on are true then Hawthorn have essentially been running their own little Stolen Generation exercise inside the club.

• Removing indigenous kids from their families to "minimise disruptive influences"
  • Advocating for the termination of pregnancies for indigenous families

When you look at it that way, thats f*cked up.

I think we should all just wait for the investigation to be conducted. I don't trust the AFL to not look after its own interests and get to the bottom of this but I also don't trust the ABC as they are a terrible source of factual news .

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle and I'm not going to hang people out to dry without any evidence.

I did have a bit of a chuckle thinking about the karma train.

Remember back to the drug scandal at Hawthorn…. Well almost bar their ace in the pack. INJUNCTIONS

No Injunctions here to save them this time… the media have got the news out before the legal system was able to shield the Hawks.🤫

“ as they say ain’t karma a bitch “

😁

I think we should all just wait for the investigation to be conducted. I don't trust the AFL to not look after its own interests and get to the bottom of this but I also don't trust the ABC as they are a terrible source of factual news .

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle and I'm not going to hang people out to dry without any evidence.

The source is Hawthorn's own internal report :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in 2021 the Hawks for Sir Doug Nicholls Round boasted about their history with indigenous players
Only 7 of the 18 made it to 50 games.
Removing those that didn't play under clarko leaves..

Chance Bateman (2000-12) 177 games, 67 goals
Mark Williams (2002-09) 111 games, 242 goals
Harry Miller (2005-06) 18 games, 13 goals
Lance Franklin (2005-13) 182 games, 580 goals
Cameron Stokes (2008-10) 20 games, 8 goals
Cyril Rioli (2008-2018) 189 games, 275 goals
Rhan Hooper (2010) 6 games, 7 goals
Carl Peterson (2010) 17 games, 13 goals
Shaun Burgoyne (2010-present) 238 games, 130 goals
Brad Hill (2012-16) 95 games, 58 goals
Jed Anderson (2013-15) 10 games, 4 goals
Derick Wanganeen (2014) 1 game, 0 goals
Kieran Lovell (2016-2018) 2 games, 0 goals
Jarman Impey (2018-present) 56 games, 21 goals
Chad Wingard (2019-present) 38 games, 34 goals
Tyler Brockman (2021-present) 4 games, 6 goals

The allegations are horrifically bad.
I don't like that they named the people involved without naming the complaining parties.
Everyone has the right to confront their accusers.
Would be curious to know who made the complaints.

Statement from Clarkson

Doesn’t directly deny the allegations but expresses shock at the reports findings and maintains he wasn’t interviewed or has seen the report

He stated he refutes any and all allegations of wrongdoing and misconduct
So not sure where you get he isn't denying it?

They're out best source of factual news unless you already have a pre-determined position.

So you reckon the report won't mention these cases?

Oh boy
I , like you would just be guessing without reading it .

Innocent before being proven guilty ?

Does that still apply these days .

As I said the truth is probably somewhere in the middle and I'm not going to pass judgement before we know the facts

Statement from Clarkson

Didn't he say that he refutes any allegations etc? I would have thought that was him denying matters as far as they are known to him without having read the report.

It will certainly be very interesting what will come out of all of this, but if any part is true, then there are some major issues at hand there - for clubs involved and AFL in general.

I hope the process is transaprent and the final result fair and just.

Watch the AFL sweep this under the rug.
The AFL has form in this area.
Whilst CEO Andrew Demetriou gave an address about 'the redneck VFL'.
It drew much discussion, yet Google has no record of the original Demetriou speech or the discussion in both The Age & Herald Sun.

I believe the AFL have had Google delete the references & that Gil was in a senior role when it happened.

They're out best source of factual news unless you already have a pre-determined position.
I wish this was the case, but they have become increasingly biased over the years. My friend worked there and said they didn't even try and hide it. When he left for other opportunities, they also mentioned he'd be unlikely to ever be hired back, as they won't hire white males for reporting roles anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Hawthorn Racism Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back