List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well turns out Cats want 2 low picks. If we can’t find that Brad Crouch is available for just pick 14. Always good to have options.And then we don’t have to sell the farm.

Apologies if this has been written elsewhere, but Craig Hutchinson said today there were whispers we were in conversations with the hawks and that the initial conversations were we trade pick 33 and 24 to Hawks for there pick 11 as hawks need points for father son. We trade 11 and 14 to Cats and a 2020 2nd rounder and we get Kelly and Cats 2019 second rounder (36). Both Liam Pickering and Hutchy said 11 & 14 should be fine
Reckon this sounds reasonable if it occurs, as essentially we lose picks 14, 22 and 33 for TK

Willie Nillie is Hutchy ...Crickey!!

Apologies if this has been written elsewhere, but Craig Hutchinson said today there were whispers we were in conversations with the hawks and that the initial conversations were we trade pick 33 and 24 to Hawks for there pick 11 as hawks need points for father son. We trade 11 and 14 to Cats and a 2020 2nd rounder and we get Kelly and Cats 2019 second rounder (36). Both Liam Pickering and Hutchy said 11 & 14 should be fine
Reckon this sounds reasonable if it occurs, as essentially we lose picks 14, 22 and 33 for TK

This actually makes sense.

The father son prospect is Finn Magginess. Who is not expected to attract a top 10 pick, so Hawthorn may not want to use 11 on a draftee knowing Finn is in the draft pool, and may seek to break up their pick for points.

Only problem is now that the GCS compo picks are in, 24/34 is marginally less points than 11, might have to chuck in a low end pick exchange to make it worthwhile. Thank god Richmond's compo pick was 39

It would appear that West Coast & Hawthorn have a pretty good relationship these days, and there are quite a few people now that have worked at both clubs.

From Roar Phantom Draft order:

Finn Maginess (Hawthorn) and Jackson Mead (Port Adelaide) are other father-son/academy draftees who may attract a bid inside the first round.

https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/afl-phantom-draft/

Wow mates, never mind yer guy Dyl, JWS is swooping in with the #breaking news.

At last night's Best and Fairest, just-crowned John Worsfold Medalist Luke Shuey was posed the following question:

"How might he [Tim Kelly] complement what you already have in the midfield?"

Although Shuey kept his lips tight and- as the consummate professional- played the query with a straight bat, the world-renowned West Coast Eagles Social Media Team couldn't manage such restraint, and let their excitement spill over:

shue.png

There it is folks!
No further questions.

Apparently now he doesn’t mind going to Freo but prefers us, have a bad feeling about this and now Geelong will play even harder 🤦🏻‍♂️
Nah man, we’re all good 🦅

Apparently now he doesn’t mind going to Freo but prefers us, have a bad feeling about this and now Geelong will play even harder

According to?

He’s wanted Eagles and Eagles alone for a year, reiterated that in his statement but three days after making another trade request he’s softened his stance? I don’t buy it. I think it’s him responding to a direct question about Fremantle and (again) staying West Coast.

Geelong’s posturing can gtfo.

The Hawks trade sounds good and makes sense. They owe us a favour anyway. We let S.Mitchell out of his contract to go back there early. For family reasons.
That's despite him being really important to our team and we really didn't want to lose him.
We said thanks and goodbye and wished him well.
I guess that's the difference between us and teams like Geelong.

cats want 3 top 30 picks and we only have 2. have to find a way to get another one
3 top 30 picks would be a walk in the park.

The issue is when they then add 1 x top 10, another 1st round then the last between 20&30. That is where the price is too high.

28/29/30 eagles would sign 10:01am Monday.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to?

He’s wanted Eagles and Eagles alone for a year, reiterated that in his statement but three days after making another trade request he’s softened his stance? I don’t buy it. I think it’s him responding to a direct question about Fremantle and (again) staying West Coast.

Geelong’s posturing can gtfo.
yep he chose west coast because they can accomodate his family needs that Fremantle and Geelong are unable to meet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats want 3 top 30 picks and we only have 2. have to find a way to get another one
Further to my previous reply, I think this is coming from an article on AFL.com a couple of months back saying that the cats would 'look to take 3 picks inside 30 to the draft' if Kelly left.

Wasn't a price on the trade, more a draft strategy. Seeing as they already hold 1 pick in the desired range it is basically saying they want 2 more (and they've since hinted that they want 2 x top 10).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Hawks trade sounds good and makes sense. They owe us a favour anyway. We let S.Mitchell out of his contract to go back there early. For family reasons.
That's despite him being really important to our team and we really didn't want to lose him.
We said thanks and goodbye and wished him well.
I guess that's the difference between us and teams like Geelong.

Love this fallacy based on nothing. Here’s a few similar situations Geelong have help facilitate this decade.

Sanderson to coach Adelaide (in middle of 2011 finals series)

Mumford to chase big contract

Christensen to get out of Geelong and his issues

Caddy to chase contract and opportunities

McCarthy for fresh start

As well as trading Pods, Stevie J, Chappy and others for nicks to help them get where they wanted straight away.

Throw in agreeing to essentially forfeit against Adelaide after their coach was killed, and I’d say Geelong’s track record isn’t too bad.

For the record, can you pull up anyone linked to the AFL saying Geelong have been difficult to deal with?

Love this fallacy based on nothing. Here’s a few similar situations Geelong have help facilitate this decade.

McCarthy for fresh start

As well as trading Pods, Stevie J, Chappy and others for nicks to help them get where they wanted straight away.

Throw in agreeing to essentially forfeit against Adelaide after their coach was killed, and I’d say Geelong’s track record isn’t too bad.

For the record, can you pull up anyone linked to the AFL saying Geelong have been difficult to deal with?
images (2).jpeg

McCarthy for fresh start

I love the use of veterans that weren't going to be offered new contracts and players not in the B22 as justification that they gave them away for unders / nothing.

Keep Geelonging

People overstating the statements made about Freo

Q: Why did you choose WC
A: I've spoken to the appropriate people about that and don't feel the need to share it
Q: Would you play for Freo
A: I have no issue with Freo as a club, most people have preferences these days and mine is West Coast
Q: Geelong seemed pretty disappointed at your trade request
A: Well, I guess I am a pretty important player, they have every right to expect a good trade and here's hoping it get's done.

I would say he has absolutely no intention of playing for Freo next year. He was simply being polite and didn't want to badmouth them in public.

He reaffirmed his desire to play for WC. Full steam ahead, lads. Kelly will be an Eagle in 2020.

If it couldn't be anymore obvious: he wants WC. How can anyone read that passage and think "yeah Freo would be fine for him." He clearly has a reason that he does not want to express publically = serious. He says Freo is fine and all but he reiterates his WC preferance.

I mean come on he said everything short of "WC or bust!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back