List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys were also the ones that handed us our first two premierships.

I wasn't saying you're irrelevant, just that you don't often win flags.

Other than defunct Fitzroy, I think you guys have the least flags of all the foundation teams, right?

Nope, Sth Melb/Sydney and St Kilda

Yes, but this quote was added as an example of Geelong being decent to work with, which someone asked for, and despite us apparently ‘shafting’ them for Danger
I think you'll find a lot of people on this board feel that Geelong are astute in the trade and draft dept, more broadly speaking.

We have regular melts about picking Ainsworth instead of Constable (of course Ainsworth will still come good, he'll fix his ball drop, he'll learn to kick, it's okayyyyyy). Many people here wanted Fogarty, Kelly and Miers before the draft that year!

The general consensus I remember from the Vardy trade was that we got very good value and it was all done well. And your examples show that this isn't out of the ordinary, even if they aren't exactly the biggest names going.

It does seem like the public posturing from your club feels a little differently than how things have gone in the past too. Definitely was a different vibe with someone like Christensen.

This is all a long-winded way of saying thanks for being a reasonable visitor here, we've mostly attracted the Cats posters whose main contributions are making drug jokes non-stop.

Not sure if this has been covered in the previous 180 pages of this thread, but surely the way to get the best outcome for both parties in this trade is to put all their picks together. This would give themselves the best chance of getting the best outcome for both parties.

For example, I would first look at the bulldogs or gws who need future picks for next year. If you take the bulldogs both teams should offer their 2020 second round picks (~1200 points assuming they are in about the positions they finished this yr) and trade it for pick 13 this year (1212 points). The bulldogs would also get a 25% loading on those points so maybe the teams could further negotiate to include the bulldogs pick 50 in this years draft.

I would then go to the hawks who need points this year and offer them picks 33,36, 50, 54 & 61 for 11, which would give the hawks a gain of ~300 points.

So, along with picks 11 & 13 west coast would then give up pick 14 to get Geelong to then agree for TK go to his club of choice (WCE).

Geelong end up with a solid 2019 draft hand in picks 11,13,14 & 17 while giving up Kelly, 36 and 2020second rounder. Making Kelly worth about 2300 points, which is higher than what Dangerfield went for (2146) by 150 points.

West coast give up 14, 33 and 2020 second rounder (~2300 points), but through solid trading and teamwork from both clubs keep pick 24 for draft night and gain the services of TK.

Think I just had a stroke reading this, but if it’s 11,13 and 14 for Kelly and some later picks...SOLD

People overstating the statements made about Freo

Q: Why did you choose WC
A: I've spoken to the appropriate people about that and don't feel the need to share it
Q: Would you play for Freo
A: I have no issue with Freo as a club, most people have preferences these days and mine is West Coast
Q: Geelong seemed pretty disappointed at your trade request
A: Well, I guess I am a pretty important player, they have every right to expect a good trade and here's hoping it get's done.

I would say he has absolutely no intention of playing for Freo next year. He was simply being polite and didn't want to badmouth them in public.

He reaffirmed his desire to play for WC. Full steam ahead, lads. Kelly will be an Eagle in 2020.
Thanks for that, looks a lot better than was first reported. More like he’s just not badmouthing Freo than an active change of position.

Here are recent public comments that have informed my opinion that your club is full of grubs;

- Chris Scott comments after PF "fight tooth and nail to keep him" - even though his trade request was based on needs of his family
- Chris Scott comments on 360, sarcastically stating that it would take 4 first rounders and Dusty Martin and stating "I don't see how a trade gets done"
- Chris Scott publicly talking about inner workings of why last year did not get done (to be taken with a grain of salt as you can't believe a word he says).
- Allegedly leaking Tim Kelly's trade request in advance of GFC B&F before Tim Kelly wanted it public knowledge (in an effort to shape the media narrative)
- Constant remarks from Wells about how "West Coast is a fierce rival and that needs to be considered
- Stephen Wells on Trade Radio admitting that there are people inside Geelong Football Club, specifically stating that he should not be traded to West Coast due to us being in contention for another flag. Completely disregarding that he nominated West Coast in his trade request.
- Geelong Football Club intentionally misrepresenting Tim Kelly's trade request as a request back to WA. It was, and remains a trade request to West Coast
- Stephen Wells stating that he would be in conversation with the Dockers in relation to Tim Kelly' trade request, and using them as a stalking horse although Kelly has stated that his trade request is to West Coast, not Fremantle.

What are your thoughts about the above public comments from officials at Geelong football club as it relates to Tim Kelly's trade request to the West Coast Eagles?
Do you believe that the above comments undermine professional relationships between the two clubs?
More broadly, do you believe that the above comments and actions are in line precedents set in other trade requests?
Thankyou for summarising all these public statements by leaders at Geelong . I heard every one of them and cringed at each time . No class . That stupid 360 show with Gerard Whately and his Geelong gushing giving Scott way too much validation .

I think you'll find a lot of people on this board feel that Geelong are astute in the trade and draft dept, more broadly speaking.

We have regular melts about picking Ainsworth instead of Constable (of course Ainsworth will still come good, he'll fix his ball drop, he'll learn to kick, it's okayyyyyy). Many people here wanted Fogarty, Kelly and Miers before the draft that year!

The general consensus I remember from the Vardy trade was that we got very good value and it was all done well. And your examples show that this isn't out of the ordinary, even if they aren't exactly the biggest names going.

It does seem like the public posturing from your club feels a little differently than how things have gone in the past too. Definitely was a different vibe with someone like Christensen.

This is all a long-winded way of saying thanks for being a reasonable visitor here, we've mostly attracted the Cats posters whose main contributions are making drug jokes non-stop.

Cheers. Yeah the drafting isn’t generally an issue so the picks are probably irrelevant if they are 14,20,or 30 but if you can get them higher then more a chance to get who you want before they are taken obviously.

I honestly think any difference in the way the club has behaved is probably due to frustration- that we’ve found a gem in Kelly and can’t keep him. Obviously if you have a top 5 in the brownlow and AA you have bought in to add to an aging pool of stars - Taylor, Hawkins, Selwood, Ablett and now we’re going to have to replace him with a few 18-19 year olds who won’t have the same impact that he has had.

Also don’t think Kelly’s manager has handled things perfectly either, seems a bit of a tosser?

That looks good.

But do hawks need points? They have f/s macguinnes yeah who is projected 10-15 or so, maybe they want to move up and get a pick before a bid...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they get a 25% weighting on the picks they use to match a bid it can be advantageous to have lots of lower picks and use them while trying to keep the highest picks for use in the draft. If they tried to go higher they might waste points they don’t need to waste and lose the potential to pick gems later on like they did with Worpel (43).

but it all depends on how many players they want to pick up and subsequent picks available to do that.

Does anyone here honestly believe TK has any chance of being at Geelong next year?

Let me answer for you. NONE.

If for some reason he doesn’t get to WC why would he go back? Who here would go back to a company who had handled their needs so poorly?

There’s a small chance he could end up at Cockburn, a very small one. They need young players as they are half way through a rebuild, not a 25 year old who is 90% going to be any use to them in 5 years time.

So the only way he ends up at Co kburn is if he goes to the draft and they grab him with pick 6 or whatever they have currently. They aren’t going to be trading 2 high picks for him.

So if Geelong doesn’t do a deal with WC and Cockburn don’t get him in the draft with there first pick he has an option to go to another club.

No way in hell he’d choose to go back to the place that stopped him from coming home with his family.

Kelly’s time at Geelong is finished. Bookmark it.

If Chris Judd era was right now and he wanted to go back to VIC I would imagine his value would have been 2 top 10, second round this year and future first 2020 then. Cuz he shits all over TK. Can you imagine if we had that problem now instead of decade ago. trade has gone mad. Kelly is not worth 2 top 10 and future. lol, neither is treloar or Dylan Shiel. So what if those club are stupid. That does not mean we have to obey by their stupidity. In principle, this is how property market also blows up in this country. Coincidentally, some idiot couple decide to pay 150K over the market value for a house( agent doe not care due to commission), everyone else follow that figure cuz the market has been set. That entire block is now 150K more expensive. do that few times and the market is 50 years ahead of average income earner. Now these idiots in AFL are doing the same thing. It takes a club to Hold ground for this trend to slow down. Will Eagles do that or they will also kneel to the flawed aspect of the system( not the whole system, relax lol) and market trend?? we will find out soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yo fam, can anyone recall a football club publicly stating that they don't want one of their players leaving to join a rival club because it will make them stronger as a legitimate reason for not wanting to trade with that club?

aMaTeur HoUr

And once more for laughs, the Cats think they can win a flag next year hahahahahaha.

Yo fam, can anyone recall a football club publicly stating that they don't want one of their players leaving to join a rival club because it will make them stronger as a legitimate reason for not wanting to trade with that club?

aMaTeur HoUr

And once more for laughs, the Cats think they can win a flag next year hahahahahaha.
Well we are from sleepy hollow

Hold on, old mate earlier used an example that the eagles allowed Mitchell to leave a year early as an example as to the hawks now ‘owing you one’, but Sanderson being allowed to leave in the midst of a finals series is nothing?

Still waiting for anyone to provide quotes of anyone being negative towards Geelong’s professionalism regarding trading too...
Mitchell had two years to go on his contract not one. Let's stop massaging the truth to make your argument sound stronger.

I thought you claimed you were worried on this news and it weakened your position

I did think that. Based on what was first reported.

Hence why I talked about the difference between the actual quote and what was first reported.

Comprehension’s really not your thing.

Daniher worth two first round draft picks lol we should get Kelly for two second rounders then at least he can get on the park

Wouldn’t it be the other way around? I.e if a broken down Daniher is worth two first rounders then a fit and healthy Kelly must be worth 10 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back