Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

2 from there last 7 and have saints, Freo, suns, Sydney and Lions to come. Can’t see them making it! That’ll be an all time choke if they don’t make finals.

They’re not beating Sydney or Brisbane anywhere. On tonight’s effort they’re certainly not beating Freo.

St Kilda? 50/50. GC? **** that would be funny.

Apart from trying to banana a straight forward drop punt?

dUuRSma bETteR Be gOoD….
Lol don't know what he was thinking there, the old confusing ambition with ability.
I didn't see the supposed head high bump. It didn't look like much to me but you never know these days.
Bit of FOMO going on isn't there when another draftee plays a good few games? I mean they probably should play well if they're top 12 draftees shouldn't they? Duursma will be worth the wait when he adds some size and fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl website had Magoo in the best players for *. Did I fall asleep 😴
Indeed! If you had to pick the player most at fault for the Crows run-on in the 2nd qtr it would be McKay with his hilarious defending.

Ben has attributes, but they are athletic, with ball in hand he can't football. Not a good way to load up your salary cap, but typical brad scott

Sheils as well
At least Shiels can accumulate. With two injured Scotts had Shiels (last 9 mins) and Duursma (last 8 mins) on the bench. Was he caught up in the game so much he forgot to coach? :tearsofjoy:

Also we all know the Goldy/X experiment didn't work. You either play Goldy as ruck most of the game or not at all. It's funny to watch really.

A couple of points.

Went to the game last night. Comfortably the best game I've seen all season. Really enjoyed it.

For all North's dumpster fire list management in the past ten years, no player we've let go somewhere else has really come back to haunt us. We know a washed up footballer when we see one. Goldy is washed up. His 5 possession, negative metres gained match hurt the Bombers. Sad for him, but whilst he's wearing that poxy red sash he can suck a fat one.

Ben McKay should blush when he looks at his bank account. His second quarter was awful, his mistakes under the Crows onslaught being poor for a first gamer. In the long run, we'll do OK out of losing such a limited player.

Adelaide bemuse me. I look at their list and think it's a bit meh - lots of B graders, lots of D graders, not much in between. On the ladder they're very meh. But somehow I think they should be better than what they have been.

I get it, campaigners come round here come round here and nuffin. Go round there and a ban? Harden up
Better quality of people on this board… heaven help you start reading (shudder) ports or Rich board…
Spelling is somefin otha peopl du and gramma iz mi dadz mumm

I feel so dirty barracking for the Cows.

I’ve got a grudging respect for them. For starters, being from Adelaide i barracked for them until 1994 (I was at their prelim loss to Essendon in 1993). And in the end, after switching as a 10yr old, both North and the Crows ended up with 2 flags in the 90’s.

The state went nuts in 97 though and it was hard not to get caught up in it, especially because of Blight. But wasn’t regretting it, I was still riding the wave of 1996.

Apparently something happened in September 1998 but I’m not sure. Legend has it something occurred. I’m not going on the dark web to find out though.

Traditionally, I haven’t minded Essendon either but it’s kinda funny watching them act like North in 2013 this year, and I watch and hope for the Bard to lose his cool after being mr polished afl lackey charging others for dissent during his time there.

I like Matty Nicks too. Wish him well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back