Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard he is very well remunerated for it.

The fellow who does the QLD ones is great.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Uncle Colin is excellent - delivers a very welcoming message. Have had to hire indigenous folk for these roles from time to time and they do know how to charge and generally you have no option. But at the end of the day it becomes their work I suppose so entitled to be appropriately remunerated.

I was just thinking how the evenness of the competition also lends it self to most teams supporters bases having expectations that most likely won’t be achieved. Of the 18 teams outside of the Hawks, Cats and swans (provided they make the grand final) almost all clubs supporter bases will be feeling disappointed in their teams performances this year. Port, lions, GWS, still also a chance but realistically all 3 need to make the grand final to feel a sense of improvement. 10 coaches could easily be sacked. It bodes well for north as even 6-8 wins next year would be considered a great result for us and I think we all agree would make us a more content supporter base.

I was just thinking how the evenness of the competition also lends it self to most teams supporters bases having expectations that most likely won’t be achieved. Of the 18 teams outside of the Hawks, Cats and swans (provided they make the grand final) almost all clubs supporter bases will be feeling disappointed in their teams performances this year. Port, lions, GWS, still also a chance but realistically all 3 need to make the grand final to feel a sense of improvement. 10 coaches could easily be sacked. It bodes well for north as even 6-8 wins next year would be considered a great result for us and I think we all agree would make us a more content supporter base.

1725759696421.png

Clayton/Rawlings
Isn’t it amazing that we’ve got this echo chamber of flogs in here talking about short people all the time.

Hawthorn and Geelong have just showed what short people with speed, skill and cleanliness can do to opposition sides, you could say the same about Sydney and gws. It’s a pressure based game and when you don’t have the ball you have to win it back.

Oh but we need a 190cm mid ffs

Thinking about the demographics of stadium security these days, I'd bet good money that the doorman just didn't know who he was. Dude needs to relax
Yep, its another Robbo man child rant.
Apparently the people he was trying to get in were his new GF and some mates of his/hers. Not family.

No wonder he was told to take a hike.

I don't know where to put this, but a former Brisbane player, now a local footy player, had ASADA doorknock his parents' house at 5am for a PEDs test. Frankly absurd.

He passed the test, to the surprise of most.

However, out of all the commentary from former Brisbane players, they did say that in the 8 years Rhys was on the list not once was he or anyone he knows tested at Brisbane.

Which begs the question - how rampant is PED usage at AFL level? If they are right about the degree of testing activity then it would not surprise me if our sport is far less clean than we think.

1725765166205.png
1725765178601.png
1725765197449.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t it amazing that we’ve got this echo chamber of flogs in here talking about short people all the time.

Hawthorn and Geelong have just showed what short people with speed, skill and cleanliness can do to opposition sides, you could say the same about Sydney and gws. It’s a pressure based game and when you don’t have the ball you have to win it back.

Oh but we need a 190cm mid ffs
I don't necessarily rate Champion Data's assessment of players and even less when it comes to the draft, but I do when it comes to analysing past results and stats.

Last week there was mention that during the home and away season, games are usually split between a kick-mark style and then a chaos-groundball style. 50-50.

In finals chaos ball increases to 80%.
And it would be even higher if not for the odd final blowouts we've seen, when in the 2nd half the game reverts back to a controlled style as we chew up junk time.

Thats the modern game.

We need to address support for Larkey (if anything for a bailout kick) but what's more important is getting elite small forwards in who will actually win us a final.
Roughead is the last tall forward to get hold of a final in 2014 when he kicked 6 in a game.
Its been all smalls since.

So watching Watson go out and kick 4, and he gave one away in the goal square to Maginness, yeh its annoys me.

I'm ready to be in finals again, I hope the players feel the same way sometime in the next 24 months.
I drove past the MCG yesterday morning on the way to brekky and all my memories of the 2015 Elimination Final came flooding back.

Nothing. Nothing beats the excitement of waking up and knowing North is playing a final at the MCG.
Spring, the sun, the blue sky, the freshly cut grass, how the whole day is centred around it, all of it.
The nerves and the butterflies and the belief and hope that we can go all the way.

I miss it. We devote so much time to this club and it takes so much energy - if we all want it that bad, why doesn't the playing group?
Go out and a make a name for yourselves.

There is alot of angst at once again being spectators and once again having to sit on the sidelines like shitcampaigners, whilst our rivals take the stage.
I am so over being irrelevant this time of year.

Yep, its another Robbo man child rant.
Apparently the people he was trying to get in were his new GF and some mates of his/hers. Not family.

No wonder he was told to take a hike.
Spot on. How many workplaces can you access these days without appropriate accreditation*? He's an ex employee who needs to get over himself.

*Does not apply to J. Setka.

Is the Ex North Sam Power THE Sam Power out of North that’s Recruiting Manager at Westerns?

Actually he follows the saints of you mean mick thomas, hence the line in under the clocks when he sings and if the saints get done again by christ i couldnt care.

Well at least pirate life is decent beer,
Mick didn't write it. Dan Warner did. I thought Sally Dastey did as well but apparently not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back