Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pick 18

Sounds very tasty in a non homophobic way:p

Lets stick it up the flith:D

The more I think about it the more amazed I'd be if he got through to 18. Regardless of issues or perceived risks he is too good to pass up. I reckon GWS will get him at 13 or 14.

I highly doubt we will pass on Kavanagh if available.

Hamstrings or not, we are one of the only clubs in our range that can afford to take a risk on a player like him, because of the midfield depth we have amassed, as such, is probably the reason he will slip down to us.

Essendon will take him, because they are desperate for any kind of genuine midfielders.

Kavanagh would be an outstanding selection @ 18, he's a top 10 talent, no doubt about it.

what we need to do is really have a good look at T.adams looks alright
and is a slider always a shot hey?
the way i see it we have a list of 3 certainties ( i am of course going off opinion and mocks that ive seen)
Docherty
Mkenzie (hope i spelt it right)
Ellis
and our maybes are
Kavanagh
and
Adams
my person preference is a small/medium defender if
and a mid or a KPP

CBF'd trawling back through the entire thread to find it, if it's been posted already, so does anyone have footage of Kavanagh in action (which I may or may not have seen already)?

Who would you liken him to Pykie?

[YOUTUBE]ra2vGqRGxb4[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks BT. Certainly looks the goods.

Fair call on the Shuey comparison too.

IF he comes our way I just hope he's more Ricciuto than Anthony Banik, ifyouknowwhatImean.

what we need to do is really have a good look at T.adams looks alright
and is a slider always a shot hey?
the way i see it we have a list of 3 certainties ( i am of course going off opinion and mocks that ive seen)
Docherty
Mkenzie (hope i spelt it right)
Ellis
and our maybes are
Kavanagh
and
Adams
my person preference is a small/medium defender if
and a mid or a KPP

Adams is a gun. Top 10 for mine, but I think he will slip to richmond due to GWS taking kp players. He won't make it to our pick. If he does we will snap him up in an instant. Is sure to play afl footy next year.

The Docherty has firmed as a top 15 pick. The likelihood is, is that McKenzie and Ellis will be at our pick with a genuine possibility of Kav being there to especially is western bulldogs chase clay smith.

If those three are around then Kav>Ellis>>McKenzie

Perhaps the reason we took Sierakowski is because we want Kavanagh and see Siera as the skillful backman we need, rather than passing on Kav and selecting Ellis. Kill two birds with the one stone.

[YOUTUBE]pJrQTy2bpHI[/YOUTUBE]

Brandon Ellis says his role is similar to Scott McMahon in this video. Brad Scott would love coaching this guy. He is North Melbourne through and through.

Kavanagh looks all class...guy could be anything. Wish we could see him in an interview. Want to have a feel for how much North is in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love us to call out Ellis' name at pick 18. Looks a hard runner and a real competitor down back. Most of our other options other than Atley look more suited to run forward.

None of us know the truth about Kavanagh and his dad etc. But I hope the club really puts some thought into the risk of drafting him even if he has purposely manipulated things.

While you might argue we'll turn him into one of us, previous examples of uncommitted or draft dodging peanuts who landed at Arden Street include Daniel Motlop and Robert Pyman. Neither of whom paid off.

IF he comes our way I just hope he's more Ricciuto than Anthony Banik, ifyouknowwhatImean.

Haven't seen KnowWhatIMean around in years. Is Bradwiko far away?

Reading that phantom draft on the AFL Website, it looks like we might be taking Tom Curran with pick 40. My mindset has changed upon reading this, as we need a key forward, and getting him there would solve that. Let's get Ellis with pick 18 instead of McKenzie though, looks like Freo are planning to take him with pick 20 rather than 16 if that phantom is anything to go by.

Emma had an interesting answer to a North supporter's question in her chat today.

Hi Rick, I have one secret name up my sleeve for North, so check the predicted first round in tomorrow's paper! Still need to investigate it a bit more. I think they'd love Docherty but that he'll be gone, and that Ellis will too. They have a decision to make on Kavanagh and I still consider him a chance to end up there.

From Emma Quayle's blog on the age:

Hi Emma,

What are your thoughts on North Melbourne? Will Docherty still be available? If not, who would be the best and most likely option out of McKenzie, Ellis and Kavanagh?

Rick | Melbourne - November 23, 2011, 12:35PM

Hi Rick, I have one secret name up my sleeve for North, so check the predicted first round in tomorrow's paper! Still need to investigate it a bit more. I think they'd love Docherty but that he'll be gone, and that Ellis will too. They have a decision to make on Kavanagh and I still consider him a chance to end up there.

Beat me to it NC.

Jason Phelan has us taking Mckenzie and Curran...dont know about that especially with nelson and mcinnes around...But then again I look at it and see...GWS didnt get Longer...and I really dont think that will happen. They have Brogan who is old and injury prone. And one? other prelisted ruckman....they will be in a lot of trouble if they dont get longer for mine...Ellis, Kav, McKenzie all around at pick 18...hard choice for us

Jason Phelan has us taking Mckenzie and Curran...dont know about that especially with nelson and mcinnes around...But then again I look at it and see...GWS didnt get Longer...and I really dont think that will happen. They have Brogan who is old and injury prone. And one? other prelisted ruckman....they will be in a lot of trouble if they dont get longer for mine...Ellis, Kav, McKenzie all around at pick 18...hard choice for us
We're probably going to get someone who has a fair chance to be a decent player, which at 18 in a heavily compromised draft will be a good get. Ir we get one of those three I'll be happy enough, but what Quayle alludes too might indicate a real smokie being on the cards.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/wa-state-under-18s-who-to-watch/story-fn8bshxl-1226068022581

How did Shane Nelson slide from top 20 to 45 in just a few months? He was being likened to Dustin Martin and he was said to be WA's best midfielder alongside Coniglio and O'Meara.

Is this all exaggeration or could he in fact be a smokie?

Wellsfan's order

1st McKenzie - Tall, Great hands and foot skills....Exactly what we want. Huge Upscope...

2nd Docherty - All skills to be AFL player already..Not as much upscope as McKenzie though..

3rd Crozier - 2014 as needs plenty of work to avoid being snapped in half but massive X factor to this kid...

4th Ellis/Adams - Both look alot like the inside mids that we will have plenty of already. Will be quality but the 3 above will be better...

Wellsfan's order

1st McKenzie - Tall, Great hands and foot skills....Exactly what we want. Huge Upscope...

2nd Docherty - All skills to be AFL player already..Not as much upscope as McKenzie though..

3rd Crozier - 2014 as needs plenty of work to avoid being snapped in half but massive X factor to this kid...

4th Ellis/Adams - Both look alot like the inside mids that we will have plenty of already. Will be quality but the 3 above will be better...

Although he may look like an inside mid...he plays more the role scotty mcmahon does but better, he is quicker, better defender and better skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back