Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Trade Targets MEGATHREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can play midfield.

19 disposals from only 59% TOG in 2011.

He kicked 43 goals from 20 games at 84% TOG when he was fully fit in 2009.

25 next season, worth a look.

He actually averaged 80% TOG. Were you looking at the AFL.com stats?

I think he's a lot like Liam Anthony.

Josh Toy
Joel Wilkinson
Xavier Ellis
Clinton Young
Dan Connors
Steven Salopek
Jacob Surjan
Nick Malceski

All gettable possibilities to fill our vacant HBF. Yes? No? and what would you give up to get them?
Add Armstrong to that list. Has pace and is a great kick.

I'd chase Armstrong and Toy

Josh Toy
Joel Wilkinson
Xavier Ellis
Clinton Young
Dan Connors
Steven Salopek
Jacob Surjan
Nick Malceski

All gettable possibilities to fill our vacant HBF. Yes? No? and what would you give up to get them?

Surjan's more of a lockdown player than a rebounder. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Not sure Clint Young would be much chop actually defending.

Toy, Gilbert, Duffield, Armstrong and Buckley also worth a look.

Surjan's more of a lockdown player than a rebounder. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Not sure Clint Young would be much chop actually defending.

Toy, Gilbert, Duffield, Armstrong and Buckley also worth a look.

I wouldnt want Gilbert. At his best he is a top player, but this year he has looked like he is carrying the world on his shoulders.

Duffield would cost heaps I'd imagine, dropped off a fair bit this year compared to last year.

Buckley could come cheap.

Any guys in the VFL that could fill the void?

Re: Chris Knights is coming to North Melbourne

He actually averaged 80% TOG. Were you looking at the AFL.com stats?

I think he's a lot like Liam Anthony.

Except Knights can kick.

Gunston - Yes, very interested. Sounds like he's gone, too.

Knights - No thanks. Certainly not for LT.

Gunston is the one I hope we look at getting. 19.11 in 12 games.
193cm, ran the beep in sub 3seconds at draft camp, and was drafted to the crows weighing 74kgs, weighs just over 80 now, so there's definite scope for him to bulk up a bit more.

Honestly it's going to take a bit to get him here, but i'd happily give up our first rounder for the kid. He looks a great prospect, and would go to addressing a need.

I'd add Jordan Russell to the list of potential half back flankers. He can shut down a small forward and is a good kick. Had a very good 2010 but has had a bit of trouble with injury. Unfortunately, most of the rumours either have him going to GC or South Australia. I hope we at least inquire.

It's worth pointing out that there's about 20 possible back flankers and only 1-2 key forwards. If we don't get Gunston, I do hope we draft a key forward.

I'd add Jordan Russell to the list of potential half back flankers. He can shut down a small forward and is a good kick. Had a very good 2010 but has had a bit of trouble with injury. Unfortunately, most of the rumours either have him going to GC or South Australia. I hope we at least inquire.

It's worth pointing out that there's about 20 possible back flankers and only 1-2 key forwards. If we don't get Gunston, I do hope we draft a key forward.

Sam Frost is our man this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Ryan Shoenmakers

I'd prefer Gavin Urquart. He has more physical presence.

Re: Ryan Shoenmakers

Poor bloke is going to have to live with that 'performance' for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back