Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Trade Targets MEGATHREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For who... Gunston?

Find it hard to take this seriously for some reason.
He didn't attend our B&F last night mate, with the club giving no reason for it other than that they will be trying to move contract talks along with him in the next few days. It's not exactly the best sign of someone committed to a club.

Re: Ryan Shoenmakers

Hodgepodge once claimed that Schoenmakers would be the best thing to come out of the 2008 draft over Hurley and Ziebell and others. :rolleyes:

Gunston looks like a great prospect. From what I've seen I would be comfortable handing over our 1st pick for him in this draft. Anything more than that and it starts to look a lot less attractive; he's still totally unproven. The key is getting him to nominate us as his destination.

When is trade week anyway? Probably a good time for a BF holiday till then.

I rate Gunston, but I wouldn't be comfortable handing over our 1st pick for him.

I would look at a player for player swap and/or player for player, plus pick swap.

He didn't attend our B&F last night mate, with the club giving no reason for it other than that they will be trying to move contract talks along with him in the next few days. It's not exactly the best sign of someone committed to a club.

BACCS, for memory you guys were all over Aaron Black during that draft and were hoping he would slide to pick 29.

Would have you (the club) taken Black over Gunston?

BACCS, for memory you guys were all over Aaron Black during that draft and were hoping he would slide to pick 29.

Would have you (the club) taken Black over Gunston?
On the Crows Board someone suggested that the Crows were going to take Christian Howard with their 2nd pick but the Doggies claimed him with their 1st round pick before we could.

Looks lik everyone has taken Bon at his word that we will be actively trying to improve our side.
Knights I wouldnt touch as all he has got is some long kicking that is hit and miss.

Gunston I really like but I want to keep our 1st rounder.

Maybe put a flash plus tarrant or even Thompson if we cant agree on a deal.

Fev shouldnt be mentioned again as he is mentally soft and to old for side.
We pick him and it takes games away from players like pedo,black,tarrant and daw.

Back the youth

Gunston I really like but I want to keep our 1st rounder.

Maybe put a flash plus tarrant or even Thompson if we cant agree on a deal

I don't understand this. Why do you want to keep our first rounder? If we were to go to the draft, we'd either take a back flanker/winger or a key forward. Gunston is two years older and probably better than any key forward we'll get at pick 18.

I'm also of the opinion that we should trade for a back flanker as that's not too hard to do. Even reinventing one of our own to play the role isn't too hard.

I don't want us trading any players who want to stay. We want to develop a strong culture that will survive GWS and free agency. I assume Flash and Tarrant want to stay.

I don't even want to talk about trading our most important defender...

Gunston and Black would cement our forward line for 5+ years IMO. while gunston they have both only shown a little bit at AFL level they have all the required things to make it as key forwards. Both of them have high workrates and cover alot of ground.

First Rounder is definately on offer.

The only (and I mean only) concern I have over Gunston is if he's too similar to Black. I'm not sure our 2 key forwards can be 193cm and 192cm. Neither of them are potential Petrie replacements.

It may be that when Petrie retires Hamish plays out of the square and when Hamish retires Maj takes over.

But you don't want to think too far ahead. Gunston is too talented to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only (and I mean only) concern I have over Gunston is if he's too similar to Black. I'm not sure our 2 key forwards can be 193cm and 192cm. Neither of them are potential Petrie replacements.

It may be that when Petrie retires Hamish plays out of the square and when Hamish retires Maj takes over.

But you don't want to think too far ahead. Gunston is too talented to pass up.

There's a bloke called Lachlan Hansen that has shown some glimpses of ability.

I think me may figure in the mix.

You're right, that's embarrassing. In my mind I've just locked Hansen into defence. But when Petrie goes, having Hansen in the goal square is still a very viable option.

Hansen, Black and Gunston would be incredibly difficult to contain.

We need to make up our minds what we're doing with Lachie, he's getting thrown from one end of the ground to the other and he doesnt seem to be able to switch over mentally as quick as Pedo does.

He seems to have a bit of Drew Petrie syndrome, able to play multiple roles but never settled in one to allow him to develop.

Pick a spot and let him play it for a while.

While I agree he could play from the goal square, id prefer him in defence, his big body would be handy (he's not snail slow for a big bloke either) he just needs to learn to use it better, often finds himself outbodied embarrassingly because he doesnt know how to use his bulk.

The Crows put a new deal to Armstrong two weeks ago, but he is yet to re-sign.

Armstrong's manager Peter Lenton wouldn't comment on whether his client had received offers from other clubs, saying the 21-year-old just needed time to talk to family and friends before making a decision on his playing future.

"Tony is weighing up his future. He needs to have a think about what he wants to do," Lenton told AFL.com.au.

"There's a commitment from the Crows he's weighing up.

"It's been a bit of a tough year for him, so he's wants to give it a bit of consideration as to what's best for him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/123133/default.aspx

Worth a look. He can kick and has pace, not sure about the rest of his game though.

I don't buy this crap from the Crows hierarchy they are coming over to Vic to attempt to re-sign Gunston.

They're coming to speak to club officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back