Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Trade Targets MEGATHREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but once you put him on the market you have basically got to take what you are offered.

There's no turning back. It's not dream team.

huh? Happens all the time. McIntosh, Urquart, who knows who else that's currently on our list. Chris Tarrant GOT traded and is back at his club.

What happens between list managers, players and recruiters is a very different story to the fairy tale portrayed outside club walls.

Aside from that, some players need a kick in the ass to get the best out of them.

If it is just down to us and Hawthorn we're in the box seat. They'd have to offer a pretty handy fringe player along with their first rounder to trump pick 18.

My mail is the crows want to trade with the hawks. We are all over gunston but if he or the club doesnt want to trade with us we will struggle to get him.

My mail is the crows want to trade with the hawks. We are all over gunston but if he or the club doesnt want to trade with us we will struggle to get him.

I don't understand why. Firstly I think Gunston is not the type Hawthorn need and secondly, Adelaide wouldn't get anywhere near as good a deal unless they have their eye on a guy like Lisle.

To be honest, I don't think Hawthorn are involved in this at all.

I don't buy this crap from the Crows hierarchy they are coming over to Vic to attempt to re-sign Gunston.

They're coming to speak to club officials.
The Crows hierarchy are in Victoria to interview Mark Neeld and to talk to Gunston.

Gunston looks a really good player in his early AFL games.

Do we need him?

Hamish, Black, Pedersen, Tarrant, Delaney, Grima, Hansen were all out or in and out at various times this year.

So too Warren, McKinley.

Yes, we need him. Petrie's the only tall player who 'owned' a forward spot this year and he's only got a few years in him.

Yes, we need him. Petrie's the only tall player who 'owned' a forward spot this year and he's only got a few years in him.
Yes, and if you add in Azza as our other reliable marking forward, who is also getting on, there is a need to consider an insurance policy.

We're hopeful of Black making it, and love him or hate him, Hansen is no certainty to be a go-to forward when played there.

Gunston looks a really good player in his early AFL games.

Do we need him?

Hamish, Black, Pedersen, Tarrant, Delaney, Grima, Hansen were all out or in and out at various times this year.

So too Warren, McKinley.
We're short in defence. If Tarrant doesn't make it, at least Gunston would free up Lachie/Pedo to go back, and more importantly, stay back, rather than this switching crap that seems to throw them off their games so often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're short in defence. If Tarrant doesn't make it, at least Gunston would free up Lachie/Pedo to go back, and more importantly, stay back, rather than this switching crap that seems to throw them off their games so often.
Gunston can play in defense and on the wing.

Defenders: Hansen, Grima, Thompson, Tarrant, L.Delaney, C.Delaney, Kennedy

Forwards: Petrie, Pedersen, Black

Now that's a pretty simplistic way of looking at it but I still believe finding another key forward should be our priority. You just need to have watched the finals so far to see how important talls are.

Nick Smith

Why can't we find a small defender as discliplined and mentally tough as this kid. Really shower blokes like Thompson, Firitto and McMahon to be nowhere near the level required.

His positioning on Milne was outstanding.

Ego needs to be left in the changerooms and I'm not sure the 3 mentioned above are capable of that!

Re: Nick Smith

Brad Mangan of Werribee will get drafted by someone this year. He stitched up Fevola yesterday, but normally plays on quicker types due to his speed and strength. This kid is versatile, and a good decision maker and user of the football!

Gunna only played 6 TAC matches. Played at both ends in those. Kicked 6 of his 10 in one game against Sam Reid. It was written that we were interested in him back then.

Nick Smith's game on Milne was excellent. I've seen Brady and Pratty shut down these annoying small forwards - and the Scotty's too on occasions.

But for a relative youngster to do it in a final is really fantastic.

Maybe it's got something to do with the line coaching???

Smith's been doing that for 2 years now. Very underrated player. Dempster too.

Think the swans recruiting is the classic "get good decision makers" philosophy. So many of their blokes have footy smarts. Body positioning, playing within your limitations and contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back