Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Trade Targets MEGATHREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide supporters seem unhappy with the offer of 18 and Warren. Is Warren the only fringe player we'd be happy offloading?

If they don't want Warren that's fine. Pick 18 is unlikely to be beaten by another club.

I think it's just a pride thing with them and Warren. They don't want to admit that a player who we might delist could actually be useful for them.

The only other fringe player I'd be comfortable trading is Garlett. Not sure he'd be required to get Gunston though.

If they don't want Warren that's fine. Pick 18 is unlikely to be beaten by another club.

This.

What Adelaide supporters want is entirely irrelevant.

I can't understand why the crows want to trade with the hawks or why the hawks need him but that is there number 1 priority. By the sounds of it gunston doesn't care which club it is, it's the crows who want to trade with the hawks that's a fact at this stage.

This.

What Adelaide supporters want is entirely irrelevant.

Yeah and the fact that he WANTS to leave also makes it a case of "take what youre offered or get nothing".

Probably not the kind of player the club would be willing to pay overs on, if they dont like what clubs are offering they either have to take the best offer or watch him go to a club for free (when out of contract) or carry a disgruntled player (if in contract) taking up list space.

Yeah and the fact that he WANTS to leave also makes it a case of "take what youre offered or get nothing".

Adelaide will do a deal. They aren't stupid.

Probably not the kind of player the club would be willing to pay overs on, if they dont like what clubs are offering they either have to take the best offer or watch him go to a club for free (when out of contract) or carry a disgruntled player (if in contract) taking up list space.

Pick 18 and possiblly a fringe player will get the deal done.

Who is going to better that offer?

Adelaide will do a deal. They aren't stupid.

Pick 18 and possiblly a fringe player will get the deal done.

Who is going to better that offer?

I dont see anyone bettering that offer if the club put it forward.

My point is we dont necessarily need to offer that much to start with if noone else is interested, we may be able to get him for unders in this case.

As you said, Adelaide aren't stupid, they'll get a deal done, however the bargaining power lies with the clubs that are interested not the other way, due to the fact he wants out so badly, that deadline starts drawing near and who knows how little Adelaide may accept.

Confirmation that Gunston was stripped of the award (and that he's gone).

`The Mark Bickley Award recognises a young player who lives to the club's values,'' said Trigg from Melbourne where the Crows are continuing their search for a new coach.

`It is a management decision - my decision - that as a football club we will not reward someone who walks out on the club.

`We will not reward someone who wants to be somewhere else.'

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/crows-stripped-gunston-of-award/story-e6frecj3-1226134143643

So far he hasn't nominated a club, just that he wants to go home.

Can't see why hawks would want - just play Schoey there, He's a tall flanker/winger.

Carlton are a smokey - one of our guys has mail that Carlton were hard into Butcher, when that fell through, they went after Gunston with a substantial offer. Their first with Russell or Lucas on the table.

Hence him telling us he was staying and it was a done deal - then welching at the last minute.

Gunston will be good - great skills, fast, sticky hands and a bloody good footy brain. He wants to put 6/8 kgs in the next two years; he'll be a very, very hard match up, and a potent forward.

I'd rather have lost McKernan to be honest.

And Warren, no offense to him, but he has no value to us; you're probably going to delist him, and we could get his type cheap fro, the SANFL anyways.

Speight came off the rookie list, but he's rated hugely, is that correct?

Can't see why hawks would want - just play Schoey there, He's a tall flanker/winger.

Talking to my manager today whose a hawks supporter (Very big on AFL knowledge, knows alot about draftees etc etc) about Gunston. His reaction when I said the hawks were a possible candidate was "Why the hell would we want Gunston, we've got far too many to play that position as it is"

That is correct, he's our super sub (at the moment he's being used as a sub anyway), comes on late and does a lot of damage. Very quick.

So far he hasn't nominated a club, just that he wants to go home.

Carlton are a smokey - one of our guys has mail that Carlton were hard into Butcher, when that fell through, they went after Gunston with a substantial offer. Their first with Russell or Lucas on the table.

Hence him telling us he was staying and it was a done deal - then welching at the last minute.

Gunston will be good - great skills, fast, sticky hands and a bloody good footy brain. He wants to put 6/8 kgs in the next two years; he'll be a very, very hard match up, and a potent forward.

I'd rather have lost McKernan to be honest.

And Warren, no offense to him, but he has no value to us; you're probably going to delist him, and we could get his type cheap fro, the SANFL anyways.

Speighty's a favourite around here. He has tremendous speed, is a good kick and scores goals. We're not blessed with many of those types at this stage so he's crucial to our future.

Agree on Hawthorn.

Not sure he's the type of forward Carlton need. They could use a more imposing forward. The combination of Waite, Kreuzer and Walker is pretty handy anyway.

The Dogs, Saints and Melbourne should show some interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs would be a definite factor.

I reckon they'll put Howard on the table, and we'd look at it; maybe Gun + 3rd for Howard + 2nd.

Think they might chase Gun and/or Lisle from Hawks.

As for Carlton - he's ~194cms and plans to be 90kgs in a couple of years - he was ~74kgs when he came to us, is ~80kgs now.

When he gets some size, he'll be more of a KPF than a HFF.

Im telling you at this stage it's a two horse race. Us and the hawks. The crows bosses want to deal with the hawks for some reason I'm not aware of.

King Elvis

Definitely agree that the dogs would be a factor and I would not write off the Hawks, Clarkson has a strong association with the Central District FC where Gunna has spent much of the past two season in the SANFL so he would receive good intel on Gunna.

Not to mention Gunna can play forward or back so he can help cover the Roughead injury or assist Josh GIbson down back.

Carlton is another obvious suitor and Gunna's family connection to Essendon is well known.

It could also be argued that Richmond, St Kilda and Melbourne would also benefit from another avenue to goal

North may be well placed in terms of first round pick however I would not rule out that a player exchange may trump draft picks in a compromised draft as we are in need of more qualitynplayers in mid 20's to support the profile of our list

Im telling you at this stage it's a two horse race. Us and the hawks. The crows bosses want to deal with the hawks for some reason I'm not aware of.

I can't see why we wouldn't deal with you guys, IMO you would be one of the better clubs to deal with

Maybe we have already identified a player in exchange and Hawthorn are happy to comply :confused:

Dogs would be a definite factor.

I reckon they'll put Howard on the table, and we'd look at it; maybe Gun + 3rd for Howard + 2nd.

Think they might chase Gun and/or Lisle from Hawks.

As for Carlton - he's ~194cms and plans to be 90kgs in a couple of years - he was ~74kgs when he came to us, is ~80kgs now.

When he gets some size, he'll be more of a KPF than a HFF.

I'm just not sure Carlton will want a guy they need to wait for. If Gunston was 23yo it would be different.

With Gunston, we will be playing a very tall forward line.

HF: Jack Gunston (193cm) Drew Petrie (197cm) Kieran Harper (187cm)
F: Sam Wright (188cm) Hamish McIntosh (203cm) Aaron Black (192cm)

Some excellent decision makers to find open space but they better not drop the mark.

I'm just not sure Carlton will want a guy they need to wait for. If Gunston was 23yo it would be different.

They won't be parting for him with pick 22 and Lucas either.

Bigfooty fanboy wankage at its finest.

Some excellent decision makers to find open space but they better not drop the mark.

Of course he's not ours yet, but I don't think Gunston or Black will be in the 22 from RD 1. Edwards could quite rightly claim to currently be a better player, as could Pedo. The youngsters will have to earn their spots.

There's some hilarious shit on the Crows board.

It will take picks 3, 7, 11 AND John Coleman AND Ted Whitten!!!!

Last week 50% of the Victorian public didn't even know Gunston existed.

Stuff 'em, we'll keep pick 18 and they can get buttslammed by Hawthorn.

I don't see Richmond breaking their necks with pick 14 to get this kid, so talk of us, or anyone else parting with a 1st round pick AND a decent player is complete frogshit.

Two years into Brads reign and the forward line revolving door still has us all guessing.

Where is LT or Flash in that line up, not to mention Adams and Boomer?

Black/Gunston fighting for the one spot until Petrie retires.

Hmac as permanent forward still has me wondering.

There will always be injuries and blokes playing in the two's. Imagine if you lined up all of Adelaide's talls on paper, it would look ridicuous and as such, would never happen.

I would've preferred to bring in a gorilla ruck/forward and moved Hamish on, allowing us to combine the Gunston/McIntosh roles you listed. But as discussed ad nauseam keeping Hamish is the safer bet.

Edit: Not to mention Gunston is not even on our list.

Of course he's not ours yet, but I don't think Gunston or Black will be in the 22 from RD 1. Edwards could quite rightly claim to currently be a better player, as could Pedo. The youngsters will have to earn their spots.

If Gunston applies more forward line pressure than Edwards and Pedersen then he would be a good fit and would be worth our first round pick and more. He apparently has good speed, but does he chase hard? If not, then pick 18 may be over-paying.

Petrie, Edwards, Hansen, Pederson, McIntosh, Black.

The big forwards are not a huge issue.

Sure, another one would be handy, but the situation does not call for paying ridiculous overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back