The Official Run Home/Can We Make the Finals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Oooh, interesting point made on 5AA :O

The Western Bulldogs and Brisbane are both half a game above us and we play both of them in the run home. Win both games and we jump over them guaranteed. That's handy for us. :thumbsu:

This is an important game for us now that Brisbane lost. I had a fear that Brisbane would win and put us 6 points behind them. It will now come down to our next match against them to see who goes forward

Milkshakes and ^^5s

Teams 8th-13th - the run home

Here are the teams from position 8 to 13, fighting for the last spot in the 8...

Brisbane (8th)
v Sydney (H), Adelaide (A), Geelong (H)

Saint Kilda (9th)
v Fremantle (H), West Coast (H), Richmond (A)

Western Bulldogs (10th)
v Adelaide (A), Hawthorn (A), Kangaroos (H)

Adelaide (11th)
v Western Bulldogs (H), Brisbane (H), Collingwood (A)

Fremantle (12th)
v Saint Kilda (A), Melbourne (H), Port Adelaide (A)

Essendon (13th)
v Carlton (H), Richmond (H), West Coast (A)

Re: Teams 8th-13th - the run home

Everyone plays decent opposition. Essendon have the easiest draw but they woul dneed to slaughter a few teams (Carlton and Richmond are just the teams to do it). Brisbane, St Kilda and Doggies have handy 2 point buffer which is a big advantage.

Brisbane and Western Bulldogs have the toughest run home, those 2 teams are gone.

St. Kilda have 2 tough games (both WA teams), don't think they can make it.

Adelaide 3 winnable games (they usually play well against Collingwood)

Fremantle 3 winnable games

Essendon MAY fall just short when they get smashed against West Coast after beating Richmond and Carlton.

So, I think it's a race between Fremantle, Adelaide and Essendon for the last spot.

Here are the teams from position 8 to 13, fighting for the last spot in the 8...

Brisbane (8th)
v Sydney (H), Adelaide (A), Geelong (H)
Could lose all 3 but pencil in 1

Saint Kilda (9th)
v Fremantle (H), West Coast (H), Richmond (A)
Should win 1 , possibly 2

Western Bulldogs (10th)
v Adelaide (A), Hawthorn (A), Kangaroos (H)
Wont win any or will win 1

Adelaide (11th)
v Western Bulldogs (H), Brisbane (H), Collingwood (A)
Should win 2 or all 3

Fremantle (12th)
v Saint Kilda (A), Melbourne (H), Port Adelaide (A)
Should win 2

Essendon (13th)
v Carlton (H), Richmond (H), West Coast (A)
Should win 2

Still makes it tight and Adelaides % will help :eek:

I reckon we should add Collingwood to list. 2 games ahead of Adelaide but with inferior percentage and playing Adelaide in a potential '8 point' game in round 22.

They are in poor form and coming up against a Melbourne who will be confident of causing an upset after their performance last week, then they face a tough assignment (in Melbourne of course) against Sydney who i reckon will probably smash them in tight.

Therefore, they are big chance of losing all 3 matches, if not at least 2.

I still believe we should be the team to make it in. The way we have been playing it will take a hell of an effort to turn it all around but I think we have the draw to be able to do it.

Collingwood are another interesting team. If they lose to Melbourne on Friday night I don't think they will make the eight. The Dees are playing for David Neitz 300th game, the only Melbourne player ever to reach that milestone, they had a good win on the weekend and the Pies are in poor form. They then play Sydney which on current form they would lose and a massive game against us the last round.

That could possibly create two spots in the final eight which would probably be taken up by us and the Saints. Having said that the Crows will probably come out and lose this week and lose any chance that we had.

I think we will make it:thumbsu:

Bulldogs we will beat there form is terrible and their forwardline is very small Rutten and co will 'mop up' all day in our D50, with Johnson injuried that is also one less worry we have and also Grant is out injuried.Crows by 30pts

Brisbane have slumped a little, being on our home court Riccuito should be back and barring any further injury we should win this game, Rutten on Brown let that take care of itself and make sure we put the score on the board.Crows by 30pts

Collingwood at TD, to say every fired up AFC supporter needs to get over for this game is an understatement, we need you all, I hate Collingwood, and to nail these pricks at TD and make the finals makes this a very huge game, not only that we could be farewelling our captian, Bucks could be farewelled also, this will be a corker of a game and one not to be missed, I think it will be a tough ask, we will have to dig deep to win, but it has been done and can be done again:thumbsu: Crows by 4pts and me to go nuts:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood at TD, to say every fired up AFC supporter needs to get over for this game is an understatement, we need you all, I hate Collingwood, and to nail these pricks at TD and make the finals makes this a very huge game, not only that we could be farewelling our captian, Bucks could be farewelled also, this will be a corker of a game and one not to be missed, I think it will be a tough ask, we will have to dig deep to win, but it has been done and can be done again:thumbsu: Crows by 4pts and me to go nuts:D

Would rather it be a bit more convincing win. Don't think I can put up with another close game after the St. Kilda game. Would much rather just smash the Pies. I'll still go nuts. :D

Ironically, it could come down to Port beating Freo in the last round to ensure we make the 8.

Fremantle 3 winnable games

well i hope we win but i empathise with your predicament if you have to barrack for your enemy down the road to mean a place in the finals :eek:

We could get into the finals with only 11 wins

If we beat Bulldogs and Brisbane, irrespective of the Collingwood game, we could finish in the top 8 in front of the competing teams as long as the following happens:

Brisbane-lose one of Sydney or Geelong-good chance
Essendon-as long as they lose to West Coast at Subi in Round 22-good chance
Bulldogs-will finish in front of them if we win those 2 games
St Kilda-need to lose to Freo in Melbourne and West Coast in Melbourne
Fremantle-need to be defeated by Port at AAMI in Round 22

Considering our home form, I'm just worried about the initial premise that we beat both Bulldogs and Brisbane at home :eek:

Scott

Re: We could get into the finals with only 11 wins

If we beat Bulldogs and Brisbane, irrespective of the Collingwood game, we could finish in the top 8 in front of the competing teams as long as the following happens:

Brisbane-lose one of Sydney or Geelong-good chance
Essendon-as long as they lose to West Coast at Subi in Round 22-good chance
Bulldogs-will finish in front of them if we win those 2 games
St Kilda-need to lose to Freo in Melbourne and West Coast in Melbourne
Fremantle-need to be defeated by Port at AAMI in Round 22

Considering our home form, I'm just worried about the initial premise that we beat both Bulldogs and Brisbane at home :eek:

Scott

St. Kilda would be the worry...and i dont like the thought of relying on the Power winning for us to make the finals:eek:

Re: We could get into the finals with only 11 wins

We have a good night record though! Not entirely sure but it think its something like:

10 day games with a 2-8 win loss record

9 night games with a 7 - 2 win loss record

We have 3 night games as well (sunday twilight I'll count it as night ;))

2007 Quarter Stats
Quarter W D L For Against %
1st 12 0 7 64.49 (433) 55.52 (382) 113.35
2nd 11 0 8 55.59 (389) 53.53 (371) 104.85
3rd 5 1 13 52.62 (374) 60.61 (421) 88.84
4th 10 0 9 58.50 (398) 46.54 (330) 120.61
Total 38 1 37 229.220 (1594) 214.220 (1504) 105.98

wierd stat

I can't believe the amount of third quaters we lose.

I was on the AFL site ladder predictor and came up with the best possible result for us...

Team P W L D % Points
1. Geelong 22 19 3 0 158 76
2. Hawthorn 22 15 7 0 114 60
3. Adelaide 22 12 10 0 109 48
4. Fremantle 22 12 10 0 108 48
5. Port 22 12 10 0 106 48
6. WC 22 12 10 0 105 48
7. Kang 22 12 10 0 103 48
8. Coll. 22 12 10 0 97 48
9. St Kilda, 10. Sydney, 11. Essendon, 12. Brisbane, 13. Bulldogs

This of course is requiring other results to go our way including the bombers to thrash the drug cheats in Hird's & Sheedy's last game.
It's nice to dream :D

With the draw between Sydney and Brisbane, we can only make the finals if

a) we win all 3 games and
either:
b) Collingwood lose last 2 (play Sydney and us)
c) St Kilda loses 1, (play WC and Richmond)

So cmon on Sydney and WC!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Run Home/Can We Make the Finals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back