The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is now 3:40am. I stayed up to watch President Biden's speech live from Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but the Joe Biden I just saw was at his feisty best. He certainly looked and sounded capable of another term. It's not over.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It has to be over mate. He needs to rally his base for them to show up and yesterday’s performance has put a line through him unfortunately. Dem’s must have to find another candidate in the next 10 days.

It has to be over mate. He needs to rally his base for them to show up and yesterday’s performance has put a line through him unfortunately. Dem’s must have to find another candidate in the next 10 days.
Just imagine if they traded in JFKjr? He is definitely not everyone’s ’cup of tea’ but he could be good at uniting many diverse groups. Under the Democratic Party banner he would certainly win I reckon. Half the Republicans would vote for him. Trump would be shattered to bits and consigned to history.

I was a registered Republican during my first 25 years living here. On my return to the states in 2000 I was shocked as to what the party had become. I voted for a Democrat( Al Gore) for the first time ever. In 2004 I registered as a Democrat and voted for Barack Obama in the Democratic Senate Primary, when he was an outsider. I had the pleasure of meeting him and talking to him when he campaigned in my town prior to the November election. Can't believe that it was 20 years ago.

It's amazing to think how far politics has sunk (it's happened here and in UK as well).

In the US, the elections used to be genuine contests between competing ideologies, well argued and between people who had their faults and who you might disagree with politically, but above all, they were clearly decent people. That moment with McCain defending Obama a standout.

What we witnessed yesterday was an utter embarrassment to the US and the world.

The MAGA cartel are not all about protecting America as their brain dead, window licking followers think they are, they're intent on bringing down democracy, tearing the country and the world apart, you can see that in what they say and how they act. It's not about doing things for their people, it's about themselves, it's about power and it's about fascism.

Defies belief how anybody with any brains thinks a vote for Trump advances the United States in any way.

The Democrats are at fault as well. Asleep at the wheel, negligent in not replacing Biden 12 months ago with a younger, energised candidate to beat Trump's brains out and call him out on his utter BS.

America has one chance at this election. One chance to not screw it up a second time, like they did in 2016.

Unfortunately Biden has lost the ability/capacity to appear in control of his faculties under duress. He looks frail, dottery and bewildered half the time. I'm not sure that he is all the time but he definitely is some of the time and the frequency of that will only increase.

The concentration on his face and his stance when listening to Trump was striking. It was as if it was taking a superhuman effort from him to hear and comprehend and process what Trump was saying and by the time he did, if he did, the moment was lost to refute his BS. He looked like a mouth breathing fawn in a headlight devoid of the capacity to respond assertively and decisively as the moment demanded.

He may well be able to function with a script most of the time and in a less confrontational setting. I just can't see the populace at large getting past his performance in the debate. Dog knows what happens next.

It is now 3:40am. I stayed up to watch President Biden's speech live from Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but the Joe Biden I just saw was at his feisty best. He certainly looked and sounded capable of another term. It's not over.

I just don’t think he has it in him, the decline has been so quick and will only accelerate.

Perhaps he was sundowning at debate time then is more alert for his responses the next morning. That’s ok if they only want a 9 to 5 president, I hope nothing important happens after that time. Imagine waking him up in the middle of the night trying to get a focussed POTUS.

I just don’t think he has it in him, the decline has been so quick and will only accelerate.

Perhaps he was sundowning at debate time then is more alert for his responses the next morning. That’s ok if they only want a 9 to 5 president, I hope nothing important happens after that time. Imagine waking him up in the middle of the night trying to get a focussed POTUS.
Trump was a 9 to 5 President.

Unfortunately Biden has lost the ability/capacity to appear in control of his faculties under duress. He looks frail, dottery and bewildered half the time. I'm not sure that he is all the time but he definitely is some of the time and the frequency of that will only increase.

The concentration on his face and his stance when listening to Trump was striking. It was as if it was taking a superhuman effort from him to hear and comprehend and process what Trump was saying and by the time he did, if he did, the moment was lost to refute his BS. He looked like a mouth breathing fawn in a headlight devoid of the capacity to respond assertively and decisively as the moment demanded.

He may well be able to function with a script most of the time and in a less confrontational setting. I just can't see the populace at large getting past his performance in the debate. Dog knows what happens next.

The sad reality, Americans just want to be entertained.
There couldn’t be more difference in the two parties right now.

One party is now surrounded by criminals, religious nut jobs and grifters.

But gotta say if you want to be entertained, they are your people 👍

The Dems made their beds by the way they treated Sanders back in 2016 (just like the Republicans did to Ron Paul years earlier). Sanders would have wiped the floor with Trump according to all national polling, but everyone was too caught up in the deluded narrative of someone as unelectable as Hillary somehow being preordained for success. That was what made me give up on them a long time ago in regards to actually doing anything constructive for the country.

Unlike the Republicans, who are simply a lost cause for as long as Trump is there (and probably much longer), I'd love to think that the Dems are just hilariously incompetent, but I truly believe the more unpalatable truth that, amidst the upper echelons of the party leadership, is an active and callous disregard for the public, as they, just like the Republicans, are only interested in enriching themselves to the ruin of all, virtue-signalling while they do it, as opposed to the Republicans, who just bend the plebs over and give it to them straight up.

All of these divisive culture wars and their resultant vicious level of bifurcation have done nothing to change the enduring political fact that left and right are, as one poet here put it, 'two cheeks hanging off the same arse'.

Last edited:
The disgusting Dems are panicking, they will throw crooked Joe under the bus and bring in Big Mike or gruesome? Biden's handlers told him what lies to spout and he mumbled and bumbled. He's done. Good riddance to the sniffer and his crime family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biden is a worthless government-leech who has never held a real job; showered with his daughter; used his crack-addicted son to sell the family name abroad; used his influence to strongarm a Ukrainian investigation into his family’s corrupt dealings; he opened the border to 9 million illegals; abandoned Americans in Afghanistan; sent tax dollars to Ukraine while the cost of living skyrockets.

Joe Biden deserves every minute of shame and embarrassment.

Biden is a worthless government-leech who has never held a real job; showered with his daughter; used his crack-addicted son to sell the family name abroad; used his influence to strongarm a Ukrainian investigation into his family’s corrupt dealings; he opened the border to 9 million illegals; abandoned Americans in Afghanistan; sent tax dollars to Ukraine while the cost of living skyrockets.

You don’t sound well mate.

Can you give us a critique of the alternative ?
Give me a minute or 2 while I put the pop corn in the microwave 👍

Can you give us a critique of the alternative ?
Give me a minute or 2 while I put the pop corn in the microwave 👍
Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

It is interesting to hear the reasons why this is their guy.

A guy who is completely morally bankrupt and a convicted sex offender.
Has the intellect and attention span of a 10 yr old.
Talks about injecting bleach, and couldn’t be told Corona virus wasn’t like the annual flue.
Surrounds himself with either criminals he had to pardon or white supremesists.
Almost all of his former cabinet has told the world he is completely unfit to hold any office.
Family ran bogus charity and University, ordered to pay big compensations and fines.
Has been involved in over 4000 litigations and counting.
Openly boasts he has planted the Supreme Court with his own stooges.

Of course I could go on and on , his recent speeches are just incoherent nonsense.
But he seems to entertain the brain dead amongst us.

Be careful with what you hope for !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back