Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • 5-1

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • 4-2

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • 3-3

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • 2-4

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • 1-5

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got us with a few good wins on the run home finishing on 13 Wins and 10 Loses, and still missing the 8, finishing 10th, I have Fremantle 8th and Collingwood 7th.

Just hope Bevo gets sacked if this is the case. Always leaving the run too late and losing important games early in the season. If he stays on as the board sees 13 wins as a good comeback, that will be weak by the board and CEO.

Can’t see us making the finals unless we beat Sydney in Sydney and Geelong in Geelong. Ambitious but doubtful.

The four between Norf & the Dees will be crucial. Think we win our next one & our final four. If we get two of those middle games we are in great shape (and a fair chance at top 6). The way it’s playing out 13 may not make it, but I suspect it will. Just need those upsets to be to the other teams, not us.

As I said in another thread I don’t have much confidence

Bye
North (Win)
Port Away (L)
Blues (L)
Cats Away (?)
Swans Away (L)
Dees (L)
Crows away (?)
North (Win)
Giants Ballarat (?)
Its an ugly run home and I just dont have much confidence. We are unlikely to retain the good form of late - this year has been typified by Jekyll and Hyde performances.

We are more likely to beat Carlton than win in Geelong.

Geelong have lost five of their last six, only win was Richmond and they could have arguably lost that if the tigers were slightly more polished. Two losses at home to Port and GWS.

I know we’re their bunnies, particularly down there (last season was against half their VFL team and we still struggled to get over the line). Plus every time Geelong get written off they defy it. But if we can’t beat them and have two losses to them on the year, then we don’t deserve to play finals imo. Tag Stewart, dominate what is now a fairly average midfield and it should be a comfortable win.

We should also be beating Melbourne without Petracca. Adelaide are poor, GWS aren’t great away and two games vs North should be a gift to any serious team.

Port away, Sydney away and Carlton we’ll rightly be underdogs, but the rest of the run home should hold no fears. I don’t think we’ll make finals because we’re still too inconsistent, but barring any major injuries we probably should.

Geelong have lost five of their last six, only win was Richmond and they could have arguably lost that if the tigers were slightly more polished. Two losses at home to Port and GWS.

I know we’re their bunnies, particularly down there (last season was against half their VFL team and we still struggled to get over the line). Plus every time Geelong get written off they defy it. But if we can’t beat them and have two losses to them on the year, then we don’t deserve to play finals imo. Tag Stewart, dominate what is now a fairly average midfield and it should be a comfortable win.

We should also be beating Melbourne without Petracca. Adelaide are poor, GWS aren’t great away and two games vs North should be a gift to any serious team.

Port away, Sydney away and Carlton we’ll rightly be underdogs, but the rest of the run home should hold no fears. I don’t think we’ll make finals because we’re still too inconsistent, but barring any major injuries we probably should.
Port is certainly beatable. Anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port without Dixon we just have to win. Will not tolerate any excuses.

Get the next two done and it’s game on.

The results of this round show it’s there for the taking. Geelong, Port, GWS, & the Dees look like they are cooked. Us, the Lions, & the Hawks look like we’re as good as most. It’s going to be a hectic last nine weeks!

Last edited:
We have a few 'games played' milestones in the the home:

250 games:
Treloar (currently 245)
Macrae (currently 242)

200 games:
JJ (currently 196)
Jones (currently 193)

150 games:
Dale (currently 145)
Williams (currently 141)

Yeah wow. After seeing Port lose today. I think we can win all games except Swans on run home. Maybe drop to either Blues or Cats but with a strong lineup. -Darcy / Naughton back and Richards / Libba back together, Can see us winning both of them. I’ve got us finishing 4th if we only drop to Swans away.

Without any key injuries , Port / Cats / Carlton games will be huge. Lose to swans and comfortable with other games.

Back