Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • 5-1

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • 4-2

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • 3-3

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • 2-4

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • 1-5

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We better be ready from minute 1 next Saturday.

North will come out breathing fire after 2 close losses.
They're a young team and I can see them having the wind knocked out of their sails after two heartbreaks. But good on them for finally showing some improvement, they definitely haven't performed like easybeats of late.

Lots of teams above us on the ladder look out of form - it's a good time to take out a few competitors over the coming weeks.

Had a dabble at the ladder predictor.

On form we are should beat all but perhaps Sydney and Carlton

Would have us finish 6th and a home elimination gws on my ladder

But that doesn’t account for our known inconsistency so I’m sure there’ll be a surprise or 2 along the way

It is fine to have these threads, it is a discussion platform after all, but really football has really become a week to week proposition, moreso than anytime since it commenced.

We are starting to develop a stronger game style and more players are becoming more consistent.

Reality is whether B Smith is with us next season is becoming irrelevant to out opportunity over the next couple of seasons.

Some early losses this year whilst adjusting to the new game style and coaching structure, as well as getting games into 8 to 9 players may cost us in 2024.

If we make finals we will be dangerous, but the big issue will be improving again next season which would make us a genuine threat

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted without comment. I didn't read the article....View attachment 2028212

Could turn out that way, although I’d personally be shocked if Freo, Geelong and GWS all make it.

There will be about 20-25 upset results in the next nine weeks, so I’m not sure any predictor is going to be that close. Looking at our run in I wouldn’t be all that surprised if we went 7-2 or 2-7, most teams are pretty unreliable week to week.

Sydney and Carlton are top four locks. Essendon has a good draw and looks pretty safe for top 4-6. Pies look good but their run in isn’t straightforward. Otherwise I don’t think anyone can be trusted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing us, we'll beat Sydney and Carlton but lose two games to Geelong/GWS etc and those 8 point games will swing us to miss finals, especially if 8th has 13.5 wins and 13 isn't enough for finals

Knowing us, we'll beat Sydney and Carlton but lose two games to Geelong/GWS etc and those 8 point games will swing us to miss finals, especially if 8th has 13.5 wins and 13 isn't enough for finals
Yep, this is what I'm almost expecting.

I can legit see us beating Sydney if we bring our A game, convert well and avoid umpires making poor decisions like the Sydney match last year.

We were robbed against the Swans last year that I had to call my insurance company to make a claim.

None of the media outlets are picking us to make it...
If we do make it we will be coming into the finals with a head of steam and a great form line.
Fingers crossed!

We need 6 wins in the last 9. I reckon we beat the roos twice, the dees and the giants. Meaning we will need 2 of port, blues, cats and swans. I do not see us beating the blues or swans. So, if it falls this way we will need to beat the cats and port away. Both teams look beatable but to win both away will be difficult.

It really is the old cliche one week at a time and assess it as we go. This week we need to take care of business and hope the other results fall our way.

We need 6 wins in the last 9. I reckon we beat the roos twice, the dees and the giants. Meaning we will need 2 of port, blues, cats and swans. I do not see us beating the blues or swans. So, if it falls this way we will need to beat the cats and port away. Both teams look beatable but to win both away will be difficult.

It really is the old cliche one week at a time and assess it as we go. This week we need to take care of business and hope the other results fall our way.
We would only need to beat one of those 4, if we win the ones you have outlined plus Adelaide in Adelaide.

Essentially if we win every game we start favourites in, we’ll make it. The issue is we have almost no wiggle room

To be fair that might have been the case at the start of the season but I think the last few weeks we have played consistent football in general
The effort displayed in the Brisbane game was night and day different to the Sydney, Collingwood and Freo games. Even within a 4 week block we are inconsistent. The team is talented enough to win finals, but mentally aren't switched on often enough

Back