The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The idea that to assassinate Stalin or Hitler or Mao was a good moral thing to do, has often been proposed and accepted by my intellectuals and philosophers. Because these were the worst
creatures to ever inhabit the earth.
This is an oversimplification.

Killing any of those dictators isn’t an intellectual nor philosophical question. It’s a political one.

The philosophic and much more difficult question posited is centred around travelling back in time and killing the likes of hitler as an infant.

The constant bullsh#t that somehow, like him or loathe him, that Donald Trump is the new Hitler gives people an incentive to do such a ‘moral’ or ‘good’ thing. The media have to stop the hyperbole all the time. What if the next president is more authoritarian than Biden or Trump? Are they now the new Hitler or Chairman Mao? The constant demonisation by some parts of the partisan press can warp weak minds into thinking that they are doing something ‘good’, in assassinating a politician in a
You’re doing it again.

It’s not the media be it left or right leaning thats at fault. That’s an easy scapegoat. It’s an issue across the political right in particular which fetishises the individual, guns, the 2nd amendment, historic and cultural violence that is endemic in their society. Conditions that create a hothouse environment which has always allowed for acts of political violence to flourish.

None of the conditions that saw yesterday’s events are new nor can they be put down to the hyper partisan nature of the media be it social or traditional. To think it is lets the issues at the heart of their society off the hook completely.

Just watch any trump rally and you will notice an undercurrent of violence that flows through the gibberish that he spews. And then take note of how excited the crowd gets when he leans into it. He understands this cause and effect implicitly.

However.

You reap what you sow.

This is an oversimplification.

Killing any of those dictators isn’t an intellectual nor philosophical question. It’s a political one.

The philosophic and much more difficult question posited is centred around travelling back in time and killing the likes of hitler as an infant.

You’re doing it again.

It’s not the media be it left or right leaning thats at fault. That’s an easy scapegoat. It’s an issue across the political right in particular which fetishises the individual, guns, the 2nd amendment, historic and cultural violence that is endemic in their society. Conditions that create a hothouse environment which has always allowed for acts of political violence to flourish.

None of the conditions that saw yesterday’s events are new nor can they be put down to the hyper partisan nature of the media be it social or traditional. To think it is lets the issues at the heart of their society off the hook completely.

Just watch any trump rally and you will notice an undercurrent of violence that flows through the gibberish that he spews. And then take note of how excited the crowd gets when he leans into it. He understands this cause and effect implicitly.

However.

You reap what you sow.
My point was imbecile’s in the public but mostly in the media that call Trump a new Hitler. And they’re serious.
We all liked to call Dan, Chairman Dan, Aussie pisstake, we know Dan didn’t kill 80 million plus etc. but we were questioning his authoritarianism. But there are many that think Trump is as bad as Hitler and that he is a fascist. He was s definitely more authoritarian than any Republican I can think of, and for this I continue to condemn him, but when people throw around labels like Hitler and fascist or its stupid I even hear ‘far right’ labeled to anyone conservative which again is stupid.

Haha. Trump couldn't write that in a year, let alone in a day. I know Biden's social media would be handled by others as well, but it's possible to believe Biden could have written his, well until recently.

Other than the random idiotic capitalisation, I'd only believe Trump wrote that if I saw his crayon draft

My point was imbecile’s in the public but mostly in the media that call Trump a new Hitler. And they’re serious.
We all liked to call Dan, Chairman Dan, Aussie pisstake, we know Dan didn’t kill 80 million plus etc. but we were questioning his authoritarianism. But there are many that think Trump is as bad as Hitler and that he is a fascist. He was s definitely more authoritarian than any Republican I can think of, and for this I continue to condemn him, but when people throw around labels like Hitler and fascist or its stupid I even hear ‘far right’ labeled to anyone conservative which again is stupid.
Who exactly are these people you speak of ?
What’s your definition of fascist ? cause you might find he a lot fascist ideas !

IMG_3030.jpeg
A very interesting chart of where the IS presidents fit in the left/right authoritarian/libertarian matrix. Of course it is just an observation but was meant to be done the best they could on their record rather than rhetoric. Donald Trump is definitely high on the authoritarian end.

Sorry mate , just some more what about ism
So you’re telling everyone that the dems and the GOP are the same on gun control ?
Don’t embarrass yourself 🤪
Dosnt stand up to any scrutiny.

Keep up old mate, didn't say they were the same, I said they were as bad as each other in the context of making any change to the world they live in, Republicans with their stupid gun happy philosophy and democrats with there preference for power over real change to gun control despite their talk that they have failed to enact due to self serving interests many times. The happy clapper echo chamber think tank that would sit well in reddit to the pro maga cult followers, that is prevalent in this thread and in politics all over the world is why these systems are braking and are as divided as it's ever been resulting in radical left and right parties gaining popularity to the detriment of us all and why trump will win the next election. If democrats had of put up even a half decent non near corpse up for election it would be a no brainer win against trump due to his many flaws who after his handling of COVID should not be anywhere near reelection but alas the current democrats are too busy thinking they have done a great job patting themselves on the back for a job well done in power whilst the country burns and turns to shit all around them and they have blinkers on and can't see what is right in front of them is the reason they will most likely lose again and be sitting around bitching and moaning wondering what went wrong.

People that stand on sides of politics like they are football teams instead of having give and take and using a brain to think about the issues on both left and right side of politics, debate and come to middle ground on issues is the problem that is getting worse each day. It is not an easy task to get to centre ground and is getting harder by the day but Biden promised to take the venom out of politics and reduce the hyperbole and become the bridge to back to bipartisanship and has not only failed in every measure of this objective but the venom and hyperbole has escalated to a new high where the result is something like yesterday happening and people talking about a new presidency under trump that is going to be some dystopian world which is a complete nonsense.

Keep up old mate, didn't say they were the same, I said they were as bad as each other in the context of making any change to the world they live in, Republicans with their stupid gun happy philosophy and democrats with there preference for power over real change to gun control despite their talk that they have failed to enact due to self serving interests many times. The happy clapper echo chamber think tank that would sit well in reddit to the pro maga cult followers, that is prevalent in this thread and in politics all over the world is why these systems are braking and are as divided as it's ever been resulting in radical left and right parties gaining popularity to the detriment of us all and why trump will win the next election. If democrats had of put up even a half decent non near corpse up for election it would be a no brainer win against trump due to his many flaws who after his handling of COVID should not be anywhere near reelection but alas the current democrats are too busy thinking they have done a great job patting themselves on the back for a job well done in power whilst the country burns and turns to shit all around them and they have blinkers on and can't see what is right in front of them is the reason they will most likely lose again and be sitting around bitching and moaning wondering what went wrong.

People that stand on sides of politics like they are football teams instead of having give and take and using a brain to think about the issues on both left and right side of politics, debate and come to middle ground on issues is the problem that is getting worse each day. It is not an easy task to get to centre ground and is getting harder by the day but Biden promised to take the venom out of politics and reduce the hyperbole and become the bridge to back to bipartisanship and has not only failed in every measure of this objective but the venom and hyperbole has escalated to a new high where the result is something like yesterday happening and people talking about a new presidency under trump that is going to be some dystopian world which is a complete nonsense.

You clearly don’t follow much anything I have posted in this thread. ( not that I blame you, probably a good idea)
So this is not about left or right . More about right and wrong.
Do you honestly believe Biden had any hope with bipartisanship with the toxic mix of Republicans now in charge ?

I suppose he could have tried to have all Trumps crimes go away , that may have helped ?
Have you followed the ridiculous enquiry into the “ Biden crime family “

One side of their politics now don’t believe in a democracy anymore , so I’m with the other mob.

Good for you if you think they are the same 👍

Supernovas in astronomical terms are quite rare events.

Feels like we're witnessing a historical, political and social supernova in the US. Collapse at the core and then implosion. The last evolutionary stages of a star.
Good metaphor. They run out of energy, become dangerously unstable, then destroy anything close to them before collapsing into a black hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good metaphor. They run out of energy, become dangerously unstable, then destroy anything close to them before collapsing into a black hole.
May you live in interesting times. Claimed to be a translation of a Chinese curse that asserts that interesting times are troubled times. The source is unproven.

I like this one

"Better to be a dog in times of tranquility than a human in times of chaos"

Of course it's always better to be a dog, in times of tranquility or chaos:)

Anywho, as troubling or as cursed as they may be, the times sure are interesting.

For all those religious nuts and fruit cakes out there, is there any evidence to suggest that Trump is the anti-christ and if so, when might we expect the rapture?

For all those religious nuts and fruit cakes out there, is there any evidence to suggest that Trump is the anti-christ and if so, when might we expect the rapture?

I will bite but before I do

Are you grouping religious nuts and fruit cakes as one group or you saying they are two groups

There is no evidence to suggest Trump is the anti christ (that I see anyway ) and no one knows when the rapture will happen

I will bite but before I do

Are you grouping religious nuts and fruit cakes as one group or you saying they are two groups

There is no evidence to suggest Trump is the anti christ (that I see anyway ) and no one knows when the rapture will happen
I see your point. Fruit cakes was probably superfluous so I guess I could rewrite it as religious nuts and religious fruit cakes or just leave it out.

I accept that no-one who subscribes to those beliefs (and in the case that they are proven correct) will know the exact timing of the rapture. I was hoping for a ballpark if the condition of Trump being the anti-christ is met. I'd like to record it and then post it on social media.

I'd be annoyed if I was summiting K2 at the time. Just thinking ahead re travel arrangements.

Those of us (incl. you;)) old enough to be desensitised to American violence on all levels simply refer to these matters as collateral damage.

I was referring to some of the posts appearing elsewhere made by the deceased guy. Seems he didn't value the lives of anyone different to himself, yet was apparently a local fire chief. Anyway, I'll leave it there.

Might even give this thread a break tbh, I can't for the life of me - Biden's age aside, which there is no escaping, nor his mistaken IMO refusal to not run for the next term - I don't understand how anyone can see a single redeeming feature in Trump.

I was referring to some of the posts appearing elsewhere made by the deceased guy. Seems he didn't value the lives of anyone different to himself, yet was apparently a local fire chief. Anyway, I'll leave it there.

Might even give this thread a break tbh, I can't for the life of me - Biden's age aside, which there is no escaping, nor his mistaken IMO refusal to not run for the next term - I don't understand how anyone can see a single redeeming feature in Trump.
My mistake. I didn't read what you were replying to. I just wanted instant gratification. You have to stay, it's getting interesting.

Kinda looks like one of those school shooters they have in them parts. Probs not popular at school, not great academically, bit of a loner, listens to heavy metal music and parent has a cupboard full of automatic and semi automatic weapons ... because they can. No prospects outside of 15 mins of posthumous fame.
I'm gonna go the early crow here and suggest that this probably isn't too far off the truth if interviews with his school peers are to be believed.

It's as unsurprising as it is predictable. The American system has a way of alienating and isolating people and systematically stripping them of hope. It's the last bit that presents the danger. A person without hope in a country of easily accessible high powered firearms does not a good mix make.

It's not the first and won't be the last by a very long shot (pun intended). The American Dream gets all the publicity, the American Nightmare rocks the cradle.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back