The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, that was long winded. You are a Trumpian right-winger, too embarrassed to admit it to yourself.

That’s the problem Bris , just have the balls to say where you stand.
Every one knows where most of us stand on all things Trump.

Again from my old debating days at high school , what you needed to do was to argue your case with clarity , keep it simple and do not stray from the subject matter.

“ Democrats abusing the legal system to crush their opponents and democracy”

Congrats mate , I have just anointed you the world champ for irony 👍🥇

Its truth mate.

The BLM riots with arson and $2 billion USD in damages were "peaceful protests"..but a bunch of jackasses break into the Capitol and its an "insurrection". Half the nation is sick and tired of the Democrats being and doing everything they accuse their opposition of, the other half believes the media when they're told "their side is saving democracy"

The democrats are just sorry that they couldn't stack the Supreme Court because Trump beat them to it, because if they could, they would in a heartbeat-they were the ones wanting to increase the number of Justices once they go in.

Its truth mate.

The BLM riots with arson and $2 billion USD in damages were "peaceful protests"..but a bunch of jackasses break into the Capitol and its an "insurrection". Half the nation is sick and tired of the Democrats being and doing everything they accuse their opposition of, the other half believes the media when they're told "their side is saving democracy"

The democrats are just sorry that they couldn't stack the Supreme Court because Trump beat them to it, because if they could, they would in a heartbeat-they were the ones wanting to increase the number of Justices once they go in.

You do realise they can do it now, or could’ve done it ?

They are actually in !

BLM burning, looting, causing damage is criminal.
Storming the capital to halt a vote count is an insurrection.
( actually says so in their constitution, ask Fresh about that , he’s all over those things )
You do understand that part , right ?

Edit , may not have the total numbers in a floor vote ? Not sure how it works ?

Its truth mate.

Incorrect - McConnell blocked Obama from nominating Garland in 2016, many months before the election.

Enter 2020 - Brett Kavanagh gets sworn in as a far right but Supreme Court judge, pushed through by McConnell.

The GOP have been crooked to the core since Trump entered the space.

My brief thoughts:

- Biden dropping out is a good thing for the Democrats. Rightly or wrongly, his age is a big problem.

Another poster mentioned it/touched on it - it’s not so much that people would see that debate and go “I’m now voting Trump!” It’s that they’ll sit home and won’t vote for Biden, which only helps Trump.

- Biden has been a good president, in fact a very good president. Harsh on him having to drop out but the right thing.

- I like Kamala. Was my preferred candidate back in 2020. Whip smart, good debater, relatively young, excellent track record as a prosecutor.

- Again, another poster mentioned it - she will drive the youth vote (way in favour of Dems than Trump) up, as well as the black female vote and the black vote.

- Whether it’s Biden or Harris, Trump isn’t winning the popular vote. The majority of Americans despise him. Even his “win” in 2016 was a fluke. Not enough people turning out for Hillary and just enough turning up for him in the swing states.

81,000,000 showed up for a 100 million year old Biden in 2020 because Trump had been such an utter disaster.

So a major advantage for Trump, uninspired voters not showing up to vote against him, is likely wiped out.

- Harris will eat Trump alive in debates (if there are any).

- Trump losing to Harris would be sweeeeeeeeet. A black female prosecutor defeating him would be lovely poetic justice.

- All in all, good development for the Democrats. And yes, I think she’ll win.

You do realise they can do it now, or could’ve done it ?

They are actually in !

BLM burning, looting, causing damage is criminal.
Storming the capital to halt a vote count is an insurrection.
( actually says so in their constitution, ask Fresh about that , he’s all over those things )
You do understand that part , right ?

Edit , may not have the total numbers in a floor vote ? Not sure how it works ?

Ha. they can't because they know what goes around, comes around. That doesn't change that they wanted to increase stack the Supreme Court with more of their own.

Incorrect - McConnell blocked Obama from nominating Garland in 2016, many months before the election.

Enter 2020 - Brett Kavanagh gets sworn in as a far right but Supreme Court judge, pushed through by McConnell.

is that the same Garland who was found guilty of contempt of Congress?

And Kavanagh is "far right". LOL.

They’ve been corrupt - and a joke - since the mid 90’s and old mate Newt Gingrich’s run as House Speaker IMO.

My brief thoughts:

- Biden dropping out is a good thing for the Democrats. Rightly or wrongly, his age is a big problem.

Another poster mentioned it/touched on it - it’s not so much that people would see that debate and go “I’m now voting Trump!” It’s that they’ll sit home and won’t vote for Biden, which only helps Trump.

- Biden has been a good president, in fact a very good president. Harsh on him having to drop out but the right thing.

- I like Kamala. Was my preferred candidate back in 2020. Whip smart, good debater, relatively young, excellent track record as a prosecutor.

- Again, another poster mentioned it - she will drive the youth vote (way in favour of Dems than Trump) up, as well as the black female vote and the black vote.

- Whether it’s Biden or Harris, Trump isn’t winning the popular vote. The majority of Americans despise him. Even his “win” in 2016 was a fluke. Not enough people turning out for Hillary and just enough turning up for him in the swing states.

81,000,000 showed up for a 100 million year old Biden in 2020 because Trump had been such an utter disaster.

So a major advantage for Trump, uninspired voters not showing up to vote against him, is likely wiped out.

- Harris will eat Trump alive in debates (if there are any).

- Trump losing to Harris would be sweeeeeeeeet. A black female prosecutor defeating him would be lovely poetic justice.

- All in all, good development for the Democrats. And yes, I think she’ll win.

Yeah can't wait to hear more of Harris' cackling and word salad explanations.

Putin has quite a bit at stake in this. I wonder if he would:think: People are very dispensable in his world, especially if they pose a threat to his ambitions or enable his enemies.

Very fun fact, in the wake of Biden's withdrawal, Trump is now the oldest presidential nominee in US history, older than the now terminally declining Biden was when he nominated for the 2020 presidential election. How the worm turns.

And the Republican's campaign strategy has been largely predicated on Biden running and the whole senile old man narrative. A giant mirror has just loomed up large in front of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that's your choice, a cunninglinguist or a cackling word-salader.

Yes agreed that’s a great reason to vote for Trump.

Harris laughs a bit.

Trump rambles on about dying by electrocution or eaten by sharks, “falling in love” with Kim Jong Un, telling the Proud Boys to “Stand back and stand by”.

I imagine all Americans listened to Trump’s above oratory and thought they’d been transported back in time to listen to MLK talk.

Go Trump 2024!!!!

Mitch McConnell (allegedly) has had something to say about Biden's withdrawal. TBH, I can't recall what it is that he has said as I thought he was still in a coma and am just stunned that he is still capable of speaking at all (allegedly).

Last edited:
So if I'm reading this particular room correctly.

Before Trump America was a bastion of goodness and all things that all other nations aspired to become.

During Trump it turned to a literal hell on earth.

Then Biden came along and washed away all the evil and made it a place where fairies and unicorns would visit.

And now we're worried that Satan (Trump) will turn it back into Hades.

But no. Kamala will stop Lucifer in his tracks and all will be perfect again in the land of the free?

In principle this is nothing unusual in the slightest. High Court and Supreme Courts typically make decisions that are vague and general and have a broad effect. This is deliberate so as to not limit the range of things that lower Courts can consider and adjudicate on.

Its now up to the lower Courts to adjudicate what is official core presidential function that carries absolute immunity, an official act within the outer perimeter of the presidency that carries presumptive immunity, or an unofficial act that carries no immunity.

What rankles the left is not that the Supreme Court has defined Presidential powers, but that they thought it could abuse the power of the law to prevent him running at this election- how can it it be remotely just that both the prosecutor and judge are members of Trump's political opponents! Its a show a show trial of Eastern European quality. They're only sorry they kicked an own goal.

But thats not what they did. All they did was kick the newly opened can of worms down the road so that the US District Court could work out the actual boundaries. Safe in the knowledge that they can overturn any ruling that isn't to their satisfaction. Thus fulfilling their intent of delaying any real decision until after the election.

But thats not what they did. All they did was kick the newly opened can of worms down the road so that the US District Court could work out the actual boundaries. Safe in the knowledge that they can overturn any ruling that isn't to their satisfaction. Thus fulfilling their intent of delaying any real decision until after the election.

That's how its always worked. If the decision of the lower Courts is appealed, the Supreme Court may or may not hear the appeal, nd if they hear it, the Supreme Court may uphold, set aside, in part or in full, or send it down again. If this happens after the election, so be it.

I don’t think he tried to overturn the result, he threw a tantrum sure. But was it any bigger than Hillary’s tantrum and conspiracy theories she talked about for years after she lost?

This is a staggering statement.

Apart from the dozens of lawsuits, the attack on the capital and pressuring Pence to overturn the results, he literally asked Georgia electoral officials to find the 11780 votes he needed to win.

Democrats: Now that our guys cognitive decline is no longer on full display.

Let us focus on the other guys...

We get to witness the inevitable consequence of shooting an AR-15 inside a glasshouse.

Last edited:
This is a staggering statement.

Apart from the dozens of lawsuits, the attack on the capital and pressuring Pence to overturn the results, he literally asked Georgia electoral officials to find the 11780 votes he needed to win.

My friend, don’t waste too much energy debating our BF colleague .

I’m sure he thinks Jack the Ripper was just a misunderstood vagrant who happened to be clumsy with cutlery

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back