The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Early 20th Century rural Victoria and South Australia, that sort of stuff, Falls Road and Shankill Road, meant nothing in droughts and flooding rains.
My Dad went to school in Falls Road - Upper Falls Elementary

The betting markets are telling the story.

3 weeks ago Trump was a $1.22 near certainty.

As of today Harris is now favourite.

The other big shortener over the past 24 hours has been Nikki Hailey (whilst Trump has been unsighted).

Could things get crazier?

Biden , definitely with on set of dementia, but this bloke was just born stupid.

“There's never been a ticket like this,” Trump, 78, said during an appearance on Fox News' “Fox & Friends” after Harris chose the Minnesota governor as her running mate. “This is a ticket that would want this country to go communist immediately, if not sooner” 🤪

It cannot be overstated how offputting Vance is, he's asked the softest of softball questions to humanise him and instead he gets snippy. It's why the couchf**ker joke too off, he just comes off like a weird arseh*le

A normal person would say my children, eating apple pie or watching the Western Bulldogs march towards a 3rd flag.

A weird person immediately pivots towards blaming the media for selectively editing his speeches.

Its funny watching a party who's leaders entire schtick is that of a 3rd rate insult comic, taking seriously and losing their collective shit and whining about decorum over the couch ****er meme.

These thin skinned snowflakes are always playing the victim. Sad!

Biden , definitely with on set of dementia, but this bloke was just born stupid.

“There's never been a ticket like this,” Trump, 78, said during an appearance on Fox News' “Fox & Friends” after Harris chose the Minnesota governor as her running mate. “This is a ticket that would want this country to go communist immediately, if not sooner” 🤪

A large section of his supporters love accusing the left of communism, but I'm not sure not one of them can define what it is.

Good to see Trump saying again in his press conference that Democrats are allowing abortions after birth, after more inane ramblings about other countries emptying their insane asylums and sending them to America. He also said there was a peaceful transfer of power after the last election. The guy is bonkers.

A large section of his supporters love accusing the left of communism, but I'm not sure not one of them can define what it is.

Good to see Trump saying again in his press conference that Democrats are allowing abortions after birth, after more inane ramblings about other countries emptying their insane asylums and sending them to America. He also said there was a peaceful transfer of power after the last election. The guy is bonkers.

The bloke’s beyond insane !

What’s even more insane are people, even on our board, that think otherwise.

They are now largely closet supporters because deep down they have come to realise he’s an imbecile.
( at least I hope they have )
You know the ones that you can set your clock to after pointing out all his lies and criminality,
with the veiled defence along the lines of “ but they are both the same “

He’s back to crowd sizes 🤣
Huge issue for the electorate to ponder !

The other big shortener over the past 24 hours has been Nikki Hailey (whilst Trump has been unsighted).

Tay Tay is listed at 500:1. How would we assess her chances? Worth a dollar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote last week and what was probably a few hundred pages ago that I really hope that Trump gets out in front of the media and does more Q&A's with the press. And boy did he deliver with today's unhinging parade of narcissistic grievance and nonsense.

His minders would do well advising him to stop doing any more. I wish them luck. Stopping him getting in front of a microphone where he can display his superior intellect. Dont you know his uncle was at MIT! Is akin to watching a a seagull swoop in on a hot chip.

It's getting to a point now that it's really only a matter of handing him the rope whenever he does it.

Hillary Clinton said it best in 2016 when she said and I paraphrase. How can you let a man so easily baited be in charge of the nuclear codes.

But from my purely schadenfreude outside observers point of view...

07c25580-a091-40ca-a116-538fb3b30b94_text.gif

Why would you be worried about nuclear codes with Trump. According to Hilary 2016 he's colluding with the Russians.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
The same reason that one should be worried about the top secret documents being found next to a gilded toilet at Mar A Largo.

I don’t know about a lot of those things. But I’ve always thought that the government funding education was an important thing because we get the idea of ‘equality of opportunity’. I love the idea of giving the parents the money and freeing up the parental choice, so it’s not just the rich parents that have this opportunity, which is what we’ve got now.
I’ve spent 20 years supporting a very small independent school in regional Victoria that parents from doctors to bricklayers were able to send their kids to. It was an earthy and classical style education. We did our best to keep costs low for families, took strain off Vic gov, high commitment community m and ‘buy in’ from families. With a low money, got great outcomes, successful kids.
So that part looks good to me. Creates competition between schools, constant improvement, better university and work ready kids.
Fresh - so you like the look of Project 25? Wholesome and community minded you reckon?

Hailey would bring it back to a 50/50 contest and stop the couch-f**king rumours.

I personally think Hailey will bide her time when this MAGA cult dies off in the next year or two. It doesn’t suit her.

Hailey would bring it back to a 50/50 contest and stop the couch-f**king rumours.

I personally think Hailey will bide her time when this MAGA cult dies off in the next year or two. It doesn’t suit her.
She also has a public spat with Trump to fall back on so she can properly distance herself from Trump when it's all over.
Playing the long game

Give it four years and most Republicans will be distancing themselves from MAGA if Trump loses this year. There will be a MAGA faction with Trump as their kingmaker but the more moderates will go in a different direciton.

Fresh - so you like the look of Project 25? Wholesome and community minded you reckon?
Definitely not saying that. There is a lot of projecting here because I like one idea out of 6? We built a wonderful school free from too much government or religious interference.
I have no idea really about it this project 25 (have been busy lately) but am worried about any lurch towards authoritarianism, shutting down hard won freedoms. Trump is obviously untrustworthy. Governments on left and right seem to be as bad as anytime I can remember on this. Unfortunately for them, the genie is outta the bottle with the internet and the interconnected world.

Why would you be worried about nuclear codes with Trump. According to Hilary 2016 he's colluding with the Russians.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The Muller report ( Muller is a lifelong Republican) tells you there is evidence of collusion.
But if Trump says there’s not , I guess that’s good enough for you ?
After all , his word is his bond 😜

Mueller spent almost 200 pages describing “numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign.” He found that “a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.” He also found that “a Russian intelligence service conducted computer-intrusion operations” against the Clinton campaign and then released stolen documents.

While Mueller was unable to establish a conspiracy between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians involved in this activity, he made it clear that “[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.” In fact, Mueller also wrote that the “investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

There's a bit of chatter that Trump will drop out. He's mostly in this for himself, and he'll lose less face if he quits rather than gets beaten.

His whole career has been about quitting and reinventing himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back