The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't ask for your help. I simply asked you to show me evidence to back your claim that the cause of their disadvantage was the color of the skin.

Last night I went to a professional development event. 500 attendees with minimum 5 year professional degrees, all high income earners, all high achievers.. 90 per cent were not white Of these non-whites, around 80% were Asian females, who are the children and grandchildren of Vietnamese and Cambodian refugees who arrived the 70's and 80's. Did they get there because of Asian female privilege?

Disadvantage exists. Skin color and race has zero to do with it.
I worked with an Asian colleague in a regional town. I witnessed racial abuse thrown at him on the streets.

I had the privilege not to be subjected to that treatment. However that's not my point here. It's that personal anecdotes are absolutely worthless when discussing a societal issue.

This whole white privilege nonsense will tear us apart. Our family is not white but looks essentially that way, we have been at the bottom of society’s hierarchy since forever. I have not one bit of resentment in my mind or body about it. I can see the bad thinking and doing practices of my forebears to know it can be turned around. I wouldn’t say it’s never happened to people, certainly has. But what are we to do about it, except improve yourself personally and never fall for racism. Should governments try to fix this stuff with quotas and percentages? Governments make nearly everything they touch worse, especially this type of stuff. Since all this nonsense has come back in the last decade we are in a new racial dark ages again. We all know things are greatly improved on where they were (just sitting in the grandstands are a million times better than the old hill at the Western Oval) and will continue to do so without governments making up special privileges for special people they think are so inadequate, they can’t do so on their own. This is the real racism.

I'll do better than that. I'll point to the flaws in the study.

1. no randomized samples-they advertised for their participants in specific locations and an centres where non-white are more likley to frequent.
2. it relies on self reporting and self selection with no verification.
3. the study makes a particularly critically important assumption which may not be valid: that non-whites are no more likely to be aggrieved by the way police treatment them.

That's enough to invalidate the research.
Studies exist to prove a pre-conceived idea. I worked in Indonesia during the Suharto years. Massively prejudiced country where people are judged on their perceived ethnic background and religion. The endemic Chinese who have lived there for centuries are discriminated against. They are called "Orang Cina" (Chinese person). White Europeans are called "Orang buleh" or Buleh for short. It's a pejorative term, slightly insulting for albino.

In my time there, white people driving or being driven around particularly Jakarta were targeted at traffic stops. It's wise to have an Indonesian driver because they can negotiate with the cops.

On Sundays we would head for Jakarta to attend the Anglican Church there. On many occasions we would be pulled over by the cops at the huge roundabout near the President hotel. The cop would demand the papers for the car and walk off a distance. This is a tactic they use to get an on the spot fine. If you don't pay, it's see you in court tomorrow to get a hearing and get your car papers and drivers licence back. So you pay up, your driver is relieved and off you go. Rinse and repeat. The closer to Ramadhan, the more traffic stops and fines so that the local cops can take money presents home.

It's massively tilted against white people. The ethnic Chinese are also targeted in quite violent uprisings such as 1998. A Chinese friend of mine, born in Malang hid in her house for days to avoid being r*ped.

One oddly funny thing did occur. I was driving with a young muslim girl in the town I lived in. She had the full monty jilbab head covering. I ran a red light near the big marketplace, everyone does that there are no rules...The cop pulled me over and I asked Tanti to explain what happened. I told her to hell him that everyone drives like that around here. She relayed my message, he laughed and waved us on. No way if Tanti wasn't in the car he would have waved us on.

So all these studies of racial profiling are correct, however, they miss the point completely because they only demonstrate that prejudice is everywhere.

I'm sure plenty of our cohorts here are well meaning, although we appear to violently disagree.

There's a huge study about Indonesia and race profiling. It makes horrific reading. The USA don't come up too well in this study. John Perkins wrote "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", it details how US multinationals operate and why Indonesia was so corrupt. I saw all that firsthand in my time there.

Its time to get this train wreck of a thread back on the rails.

Ive got to give the buffoon his credit. Because he's a grifter at heart, he's very good at extracting money out of the pockets of the rubes who support him. You're nothing but a mark to him.

It's especially amusing watching the price of TMTG fall through the floor taking investors money with it. As he returns to X as part of the quid pro quo of having the other world champion grifter Elons support.

Fake billionaire needs your cash. Cos' he sure as shit ain't using his own. He's going to need that for his pending $450 million NY civil fraud suit.

Im genuinely embarrassed for anybody who believes that this clown is a serious person.

$59.99 Or free. The Art of the Deal.

I actually thought this was a George Conway PsychoPac troll ad. But apparently its real and indicative of how dumb his cultists are if the people behind it think they can turn a buck from it.

Last edited:

I'll do better than that. I'll point to the flaws in the study.

1. no randomized samples-they advertised for their participants in specific locations and an centres where non-white are more likley to frequent.
2. it relies on self reporting and self selection with no verification.
3. the study makes a particularly critically important assumption which may not be valid: that non-whites are no more likely to be aggrieved by the way police treatment them.

That's enough to invalidate the research.
I could create a study to prove the opposite. I worked with a half-aboriginal guy for years. We're good friends and he's had a great life. He never complained about prejudice because there didn't appear to be any directed at him. He did benefit massively from the concessions granted to him by the public service. Any old day off for this or that cause. EL1 salaries and perks are immense in the PS.

Trouble is anecdotes appear to be worthless in this forum. It's all about studies etc.

I could create a study to prove the opposite. I worked with a half-aboriginal guy for years. We're good friends and he's had a great life. He never complained about prejudice because there didn't appear to be any directed at him. He did benefit massively from the concessions granted to him by the public service. Any old day off for this or that cause. EL1 salaries and perks are immense in the PS.

Trouble is anecdotes appear to be worthless in this forum. It's all about studies etc.
I bet he didn't describe himself or identify as "half-aboriginal". FMD.

His Mother was aboriginal, his Dad was white Aussie. So he would be aboriginal? Not sure what your point is, do you want me to ask him?

He didn't say injecting light, why do you keep misquoting Trump with words you wish he said?

Using infrared lasers as an important part of PBM therapy in the treatment of COVID-19 have a greater ability to penetrate the lung tissue, with appropriate dosage and density. Directly applying continuous infrared laser radiation on different parts of the respiratory system can increase the coronavirus recovery process. As mentioned, PBM can act as a preventative measure in patients with coronavirus in the early stages of infection. Also, PBM may be considered as a treatment for hospitalized patients before they worsen to be admitted to the ICU. Therefore, randomized clinical trials on the effects of PBM on COVID-19 should be performed, although some have already begun in different parts of the world
Thanks for the science, its a shame Trump didnt say anything like that. "Light" and "Lasers", theyre a lot more different than "bleach" and "disinfectant"

Cultist reaching for a way of making his comments sane.

And again, going down the distraction path, way to go champ. Dont ever change, youre way too entertaining as you are ;)

You decide.

He said what he said. Not what you want him to have said.

Trump didn't say "disinfectant like...". YOU did. YOU DID THAT. NOT Trump. YOU.

Trump was mostly advocating for light as a therapy for COVID in that 1 minute clip, something that other reputable scientists did. As for the BBC they're even futher left than our ABC. Spreading more lies and disinformation. The doctor they refer to was WRONG.

Settle petal, no need to get all shouty. Or is that all youve got?

"He said what he said but he was being sarcastic and he didnt mean what he said and dont believe what he said coz he never means what he says and dont believe what you see believe what he tells you to believe even if you saw something completely different."

Ive summed up the Trump word salad apologists in one sentence. Thats the Fox propaganda network in a sentence.

Where did this convo start? Oh thats right, you played semantics, said he never said "inject bleach", you were right, he said "inject disinfectant". Soooooooooo much safer.

You tried to disprove that Trump is a narcissistic, lying, self interested, sexual abuser (proven), fraudster (proven), criminally convicted, impeached and indicted bitch. With little hands and a crowd fetish. So Sorry. Fail.

But saying that about Trump, he is still less, much less authoritarian than the Democratic Party. Tulsi Gabbard a Samoan/Hawaiian Democrat has just stated she is supporting Trump because he is a much less war monger than the Democratic Party, with all their ‘neo con’ hawks. I enjoy it when politicians have conviction and don’t just ‘tow the party line’.
Do you need someone to list all the publicans who prefer Kamala? Hes got Tulsi, shes got dozens.

Delusional if you reckon the guy who wants to be "dictator for a day" is less authoritarian than a political party.

Its time to get this train wreck of a thread back on the rails.

Ive got to give the buffoon his credit. Because he's a grifter at heart, he's very good at extracting money out of the pockets of the rubes who support him. You're nothing but a mark to him.

It's especially amusing watching the price of TMTG fall through the floor taking investors money with it. As he returns to X as part of the quid pro quo of having the other world champion grifter Elons support.

Fake billionaire needs your cash. Cos' he sure as shit ain't using his own. He's going to need that for his pending $450 million NY civil fraud suit.

Im genuinely embarrassed for anybody who believes that this clown is a serious person.

$59.99 Or free. The Art of the Deal.

I actually thought this was a George Conway PsychoPac troll ad. But apparently its real and indicative of how dumb his cultists are if the people behind it think they can turn a buck from it.

Beat me to it Norm , just been watching it.
Gotta admit it’s pretty funny.
I’m with you , anyone who thinks this world champ grifter should be in charge of anything needs their heads read.

Anyone going to buy his $2 bill ?

Settle petal, no need to get all shouty. Or is that all youve got?

"He said what he said but he was being sarcastic and he didnt mean what he said and dont believe what he said coz he never means what he says and dont believe what you see believe what he tells you to believe even if you saw something completely different."

Ive summed up the Trump word salad apologists in one sentence. Thats the Fox propaganda network in a sentence.

Where did this convo start? Oh thats right, you played semantics, said he never said "inject bleach", you were right, he said "inject disinfectant". Soooooooooo much safer.

You tried to disprove that Trump is a narcissistic, lying, self interested, sexual abuser (proven), fraudster (proven), criminally convicted, impeached and indicted bitch. With little hands and a crowd fetish. So Sorry. Fail.

He also fails to mention , medical authorities as well as pharmaceutical companies had to immediately put out warnings .
Pretty much like : please don’t take any notice of your moronic President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat me to it Norm , just been watching it.
Gotta admit it’s pretty funny.
I’m with you , anyone who thinks this world champ grifter should be in charge of anything needs their heads read.

Anyone going to buy his $2 bill ?
This one?

This one?

Or this one?

I have no idea if he's involved, but it proves the point that his followers will buy anything with his mug on it.

The only difference between Jim Jones and Donald Trump is that Trump would charge people for the Kool Aid. Though only legal tender could be used, No Trump $2 bills will be accepted.

Do you need someone to list all the publicans who prefer Kamala? Hes got Tulsi, shes got dozens.

Delusional if you reckon the guy who wants to be "dictator for a day" is less authoritarian than a political party.

You have replied to one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve read on this subject.
Let me get his thinking correct. The Democratic Party is more authoritarian than the party being lead by
the bloke that has been charged with trying to overthrow a federal election.
You know bloke that creams himself over the Putin’s of this world.
😂😂😂😂

Surely he’s not serious ?
But then again ,as someone that doesn’t like Trump , you can set your watch to him defending the dear leader in his round about way. Just as he has done here.
Or “ liking “ all those posts of our cultist members.

For you Norm,
I know , this is from a left wing anti Trump outlet, but just let Trump speak.
This is who they have to defend !
Almost admire their devotion.

You have replied to one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve read on this subject.
Let me get his thinking correct. The Democratic Party is more authoritarian than the party being lead by
the bloke that has been charged with trying to overthrow a federal election.
You know bloke that creams himself over the Putin’s of this world.
😂😂😂😂

Surely he’s not serious ?
But then again ,as someone that doesn’t like Trump , you can set your watch to him defending the dear leader in his round about way. Just as he has done here.
Or “ liking “ all those posts of our cultist members

The charges are being layed by LITERALY Democrat Party Members. They are weaponizing the justice system to stop Trump from runing in this years election.

They will fail. They alo know Trumps venegeance will be swift, should he win.

Which half was Aboriginal? Top or Bottom? Or was it Left or Right. He is not half Aboriginal, he is Aboriginal. Happy to provide some anecdotes for you.

Meanwhile Facebook CEO has admitted Facebook suppressed the Hunter Biden laptop story after the FBI falsely warned social media companies it was Russian disinformation knowing fully well it was not Russian disinformation.

Twitter has said the same.

This could have changed the election outcome.

I'd imagine there is more than few people at the FBI shitting bricks that Trump may return as their Commander in Chief.

The part in his genes.

Just giving you a hint that many Aboriginals find the words 'Half Aboriginals', 'Part Aboriginal', or the question 'what percentage Aboriginal are you?' offensive. Can be especially offensive to Stolen Generation Aboriginals.

The charges are being layed by LITERALY Democrat Party Members. They are weaponizing the justice system to stop Trump from runing in this years election.

They will fail. They alo know Trumps venegeance will be swift, should he win.

Never mind the now 5 separate grand juries recommending he be charged.
( Who are the party members laying the charges ?)

Oh , of course they’re all a part of the conspiracy !

4000 + court cases and counting for this unlucky innocent habitual criminal.
What did you make of his fake charity and university ?

Give me 5 minutes while I get the popcorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back