The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Baier trying looks to be trying get some respect back after Harris made him look like a partisan hack last week.
It was from 2023 but still surprising!

If Trump doesn't get 270 electoral college votes on 5 November I think it's a fair bet that a whole bunch of lawyers are going to be very very busy (and get even richer than they already are) in the ensuing weeks.

Every aspect of the vote in every swing state will be the subject of a legal challenge or six. They will fight it all the way through to January.

Money for lawyers is no object when you have the richest man in the world giving away $1m a day just to get voters enrolled for the cause. Anyway if they get Trump over the line they will get it all back and a whole lot more in the next 4 years. Taxpayer foots the bill of course.

I'm just wondering whether the USA has enough lawyers to handle the demand between now and Christmas.

If Trump doesn't get 270 electoral college votes on 5 November I think it's a fair bet that a whole bunch of lawyers are going to be very very busy (and get even richer than they already are) in the ensuing weeks.

Every aspect of the vote in every swing state will be the subject of a legal challenge or six. They will fight it all the way through to January.

Money for lawyers is no object when you have the richest man in the world giving away $1m a day just to get voters enrolled for the cause. Anyway if they get Trump over the line they will get it all back and a whole lot more in the next 4 years. Taxpayer foots the bill of course.

I'm just wondering whether the USA has enough lawyers to handle the demand between now and Christmas.

Well Trump knows a fair few dw.
He’s participated in over 4000 lawsuits and still counting during his miserable life so far.
Perhaps he can get Giuliani and the Kraken lady Sidney Powell out of mothballs once their own criminal court cases are out of the way.

Trump’s mentor Roy Cohen would have been in awe of his protege clocking up all these lawsuits while assembling the crowd of misfits he has.

Last edited:
Your Secret Service mates giving you the inside word again glenashley?
Got no personal knowledge of her but it's publicly known that she churns through staff like butter and blames others for her short fallings, so can imagine it would be awful being on her protection team.

PS. We catching up for a beer at the next dogs Qld game?

It’s a tactic he’s used all his life. In a courtroom the richest man wins. I sincerely hope that can’t still be the case when you’re taking on the state.

The world is so rooted.

A nice twist would be if the judge in the NY case handed down a custodial sentence the day after the election and issued a warrant for his arrest.

Trump weaves around the greens and through the bunkers of mar a lago in a white bronco hotly pursued by us marshalls with choppers overhead

I'd watch

Last edited:
ABC News (US) and Washington post has Harris at 51-47. Extending her lead by 2 points from last week (assuming 2% undecided).

Needs to be a significant electoral college margin for Harris. If she wins narrowly, court cases en masse guaranteed, and likely violence.

MAGAdiots don't understand the electoral process or democracy. And probably wouldn't care even if they did. A snake oil salesman has them so far down the rabbit hole, many of them will never make it back out.

Pity Michelle Obama didn't run, a far more galvanising presence, but I get why she wouldn't throw her hat in the ring of the exceedingly larger cluster-f***s that each US presidential election brings.

Ah, well, looks like I'll have to replenish supplies in that doomsday bunker...

Needs to be a significant electoral college margin for Harris. If she wins narrowly, court cases en masse guaranteed, and likely violence.

MAGAdiots don't understand the electoral process or democracy. And probably wouldn't care even if they did. A snake oil salesman has them so far down the rabbit hole, many of them will never make it back out.

Pity Michelle Obama didn't run, a far more galvanising presence, but I get why she wouldn't throw her hat in the ring of the exceedingly larger cluster-f***s that each US presidential election brings.

Ah, well, looks like I'll have to replenish supplies in that doomsday bunker...
To be fair, the violence is on both sides. Antifa destroyed so many businesses on inauguration day in 2017. So I hope the insinuation isn't that the violence will only be from the right. Not that I condone any political violence at all, but just think both sides need to be called out.

To be fair, the violence is on both sides. Antifa destroyed so many businesses on inauguration day in 2017. So I hope the insinuation isn't that the violence will only be from the right. Not that I condone any political violence at all, but just think both sides need to be called out.

I suspect it will be both sides, as gun ownership in the US is across all demographics.

But so far, only one group have stormed the Capitol following suggestive remarks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect it will be both sides, as gun ownership in the US is across all demographics.

But so far, only one group have stormed the Capitol following suggestive remarks...
Antifa wasn't shooting people. They were storming businesses and destroying windows, setting things on fire etc. Guns isn't the only cause of violence...

This is a certainty and there are a number of planks to their strategy.

1. Republicans have been laying the ground work for this exact event by stacking Trump loyalist election officials in conservative counties right across the country. It's part of a wider strategy of election denialism that Trump has been hammering with a goal of undermining the coming election since the last election.

2. In the last couple of weeks Republican pollsters have been flooding the zone with the results of their polls with the narrative of Trump having a substantial lead. They're doing this to set in place the idea that the only way that Trump lost was at the hands of a deep state cabal who rigged the election.

3. If early results favour Trump as they did last time expect him to claim victory early. And once results start to swing in Harris' favour later in the evening he will claim that its rigged.

4. Incite his followers to burn the place to the ground.

Elections are only fair if he wins.

Put aside his usual cartoonish misogyny and racism.

Tucker pretty much lays out the plan at todays Nuremberg rally at Madison Square Garden.

A little bit Goebbelish.

Last edited:

1. Republicans have been laying the ground work for this exact event by stacking Trump loyalist election officials in conservative counties right across the country. It's part of a wider strategy of election denialism that Trump has been hammering with a goal of undermining the coming election since the last election.

2. In the last couple of weeks Republican pollsters have been flooding the zone with the results of their polls with the narrative of Trump having a substantial lead. They're doing this to set in place the idea that the only way that Trump lost was at the hands of a deep state cabal who rigged the election.

3. If early results favour Trump as they did last time expect him to claim victory early. And once results start to swing in Harris' favour later in the evening he will claim that its rigged.

Tucker pretty much lays out the plan at todays Nuremberg rally at Madison Square Garden.

A little bit Goebbelish.

There has also been 4 very large wagers in off shore betting ,all within a short time.
This appears to be also a part of the scheme.

A little bit Goebbelish.

I've stocked up on popcorn, beer and snacks and cleared my calendar from that *Wednesday to Sunday. It will almost certainly be playing out long after that but still ... it has blockbuster written all over it.

*Except champions day ... I'm going to that

Antifa has been proven to never exist as a mass, violent movement. Just more bullshit spewed out from the far right nut house as the right wingers sh*t on the house floor and look for VP’s to string up.

Antifa has been proven to never exist as a mass, violent movement. Just more bullshit spewed out from the far right nut house as the right wingers sh*t on the house floor and look for VP’s to string up.
Yep. Doesn't have an organization, doesn't have leaders. It is a term used to describe anti fascism, which is a great thing. But right wingers have turned it into the new red scare, commie insult. Whilst I do not condone the actions of the rioters. But that is what they simply were, rioters.

Right wingers tried to claim it was organized and the big bad ANTIFA group was behind it. It resulted in a witch hunt and people trying to find non existent ANTIFA leaders, and posting profiles of innocent people on Twitter, to rile up hate, and get threats etc. Then it turns out the said person wasn't even anywhere near said event that day. So they try and find someone else to stick it on.

Is history even taught anymore ?
I fear some of the younger brigade on here have no real understanding ?

Is King Harold that old guy from Neighbours ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back