Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Who has the better prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So now it's narrowed to key forwards?

McKay has been poor in front of the sticks, but his workrate has been decent

But, using salary as a metic for goals kicked is bizarre.

Fyfe is on more money this year, than McKay, played predominantly forward, yet, we want to judge only key forwards on salary per goal?

Seriously
Arrow are you ok?
You were never one to pick snippets magnify them and turn it around and rant

Fyfe is on more money this year, than McKay, played predominantly forward, yet, we want to judge only key forwards on salary per goal?

Seriously
Happy to compare any player that plays predominantly in the forward line, to see how many goals they’ve kicked. If you are Harry McKay though, you are a full forward, you should be kicking goals.

Seriously
When you say things like Fyfe is playing predominantly forward arrow it really does make me question whether you do watch the dockers games. There’s no shame in that (I don’t watch all Carlton games) but not sure why you don’t just admit it.

Happy to compare any player that plays predominantly in the forward line, to see how many goals they’ve kicked. If you are Harry McKay though, you are a full forward, you should be kicking goals.

When you say things like Fyfe is playing predominantly forward arrow it really does make me question whether you do watch the dockers games. There’s no shame in that (I don’t watch all Carlton games) but not sure why you don’t just admit it.
See, the thing is, every club has the same salary cap to spend, how each club spends that depends on the talent they have across the park

Some pay more to forwards, some to ruckmen, etc

Please, Fyfe hasn't played predominantly forward this year?

So Fyfe predominately the forward line is good bang for buck?

And Jackson splits his time forward yeah?

It's a poor metric isn't it
Fyfe’s played on ball for the past three weeks and Jackson has impacted forward, on the ball and in the ruck in equal measure. Goals per dollar earned is a poor metric in this case.

See, the thing is, every club has the same salary cap to spend, how each club spends that depends on the talent they have across the park

Some pay more to forwards, some to ruckmen, etc

Please, Fyfe hasn't played predominantly forward this year?
He played forward in round 1. Was injured until round 7. Came back in rounds 8 and 9 as the sub where he was injected into the midfield, and played on the ball for the majority of his game time on Sunday.

And Fyfe is also playing as a forward this year, the most expensive per goal player in the league

#amidoingitright?
Playing midfield Fyfe had more possessions than any Geelong player out there when he was subbed off. And he hasn't played forward since round one. But I'm sure he's not worth his paycheck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe’s played on ball for the past three weeks and Jackson has impacted forward, on the ball and in the ruck in equal measure. Goals per dollar earned is a poor metric in this case.

Last 3 weeks?
You missed the point and anchored on to the jazz!
You can read in this thread countless times
Freo no fwd line
Can’t replace lobb
Jl can’t coach
Walters cooked
Perhaps you should debate that with said posters

So on so on
Freo have 3 guys in the top 25 of Coleman
McKay isn’t in the 25
And what relevance does that have in where both sides finish?

He played forward in round 1. Was injured until round 7. Came back in rounds 8 and 9 as the sub where he was injected into the midfield, and played on the ball for the majority of his game time on Sunday.

Playing midfield Fyfe had more possessions than any Geelong player out there when he was subbed off. And he hasn't played forward since round one. But I'm sure he's not worth his paycheck!

So Fyfe not playing for 5 rounders eliminates the money he receives?

Last 3 weeks?

Perhaps you should debate that with said posters

And what relevance does that have in where both sides finish?
This is a rebuild thread not a who finishes highest thread.
The fwd line is the last piece of the rebuild.
We’ve built our defence we’ve built our midfield they’re currently just going through the aging process and now we have a functioning fwd line.

My logic was we got 3 guys in the top 25 of the Coleman
McKays not in the 25.
The mayo was their wages equal his.
Next time for mayo I’ll just multi quote all the s**t about freos fwd line earlier in the thread

Good on Freo for opening up their forward half and finding more avenues to goal. As a result they now have a below average defence on PA, which was a massive strength last season.

Carlton currently experiencing the opposite.

Perhaps look a little deeper 🫢 you might see what’s actually going on even if you miss out on an “I told you so”.

But in the spirit of your posting

Matt “Cat B” Owies - 11 goals in 5 games
Nat “Millionaire” Fyfe - 1 goal in 4 games

Could go all day

This is a rebuild thread not a who finishes highest thread.
The fwd line is the last piece of the rebuild.
We’ve built our defence we’ve built our midfield they’re currently just going through the aging process and now we have a functioning fwd line.

The replacement of aging players that many of your supporters took exception to such comments last year, as to why you might not make finals this year?

I think you have a strong list of talented youth, good to see Treacy being backed in to play too

Like last year, still believe you have a slight weakness in KPD stocks, but tgat can be easily addressed

Our weakness in addressing speed is more difficult

Good on Freo for opening up their forward half and finding more avenues to goal. As a result they now have a below average defence on PA, which was a massive strength last season.

Carlton currently experiencing the opposite.

Perhaps look a little deeper 🫢 you might see what’s actually going on even if you miss out on an “I told you so”.

But in the spirit of your posting

Matt “Cat B” Owies - 11 goals in 5 games
Nat “Millionaire” Fyfe - 1 goal in 4 games

Could go all day
I’m glad your happy for freo.
I’ve loved watching the blues the last month!

Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Back