Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Who has the better prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Cerra being on the same wage as Will Brodie and Jaegar Omeara?
What point were you trying to make with this comparison?

JoM has had a cracking 3 weeks, and his return to form has coincided with Freo playing great footy. He is impacting games.

Then you have Cerra, he just racks up the pill, will get his 30, but with no hurt factor, so Carlton keep on losing.
As all clubs pay a minimum of 95% of the cap, we could play this games until the cows come home Ronnie.
If Carlton managed their player payments better, perhaps they would have a strong list and play and win finals...like Freo did last year.

What point were you trying to make with this comparison?

JoM has had a cracking 3 weeks, and his return to form has coincided with Freo playing great footy. He is impacting games.

Then you have Cerra, he just racks up the pill, will get his 30, but with no hurt factor, so Carlton keep on losing.

Freo supporters know how good Cerra is so I doubt they will give you the cheap likes and pats on the back you are after.

Guys, can't you see this is what the rest of the comp wants? Us two powerhouses fighting with each other and not them? We both play in the best end of the colour spectrum, hate teams with birds as emblems, have masochistic supporter bases, are paying one of our mids waaay too much money this year... images%20(8).jpg

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys, can't you see this is what the rest of the comp wants? Us two powerhouses fighting with each other and not them? We both play in the best end of the colour spectrum, hate teams with birds as emblems, have masochistic supporter bases, are paying one of our mids waaay too much money this year... View attachment 1695618

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really enjoy a couple of Pie supporters living in Carlton threads. Wondering how long it lasts

Just pleased to see you're ok, given you've been MIA for the last few weeks in the Carlton/Collingwood thread after having been so outspoken during the pre-season and in March/April....

I am always outspoken Fadge, nor do I need to backtrack on any of my contributions. But thanks for your concern. I guess it's similar to you going MIA for a period last year

Good to see you in another Carlton thread though

I am always outspoken Fadge, nor do I need to backtrack on any of my contributions. But thanks for your concern. I guess it's similar to you going MIA for a period last year

See, this is the thing, it's always about you. It's actually a Freo rebuild thread, and yes, it's going fine thank you. (The other rebuild mentioned? I think it finished a couple of years ago and best we don't dwell on it.)

When did I go MIA last year?

Maybe you're referring to the week or so I was threadbanned?

Surely you're not referring to Carlton's 'streak', when they were 8 and 2 but had proven nothing?

Surely?

But you're welcome back in the Carlton/Collingwood thread any time...

Likewise I'm sure Brisbane supporters would welcome you back in the Carlton/Brisbane thread...

When did I go MIA last year?

Maybe you're referring to the week or so I was threadbanned?

Surely you're not referring to Carlton's 'streak', when they were 8 and 2 but had proven nothing?

Surely?

But you're welcome back in the Carlton/Collingwood thread any time...

Likewise I'm sure Brisbane supporters would welcome you back in the Carlton/Brisbane thread...

Thanks, glad you are looking out for people fadge

But, this is a thread regarding 2 clubs, not a RUOK thread😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo supporters know how good Cerra is so I doubt they will give you the cheap likes and pats on the back you are after.
Was a legit question. Do you think JoM hasnt been great in last 3 weeks?

And yeah, I reckon Freo fans are happy with Amiss (the pick for Cerra) and using JoM and Brodie in the middle.

Was a legit question. Do you think JoM hasnt been great in last 3 weeks?

And yeah, I reckon Freo fans are happy with Amiss (the pick for Cerra) and using JoM and Brodie in the middle.
Can confirm the latter point, but Cerra's a gun. Turned into a bit of a win-win trade there I reckon. JoM is also a gun, just needed time to settle and for the team chemistry to build.

Can confirm the latter point, but Cerra's a gun. Turned into a bit of a win-win trade there I reckon. JoM is also a gun, just needed time to settle and for the team chemistry to build.
Yep, JoM has been great for Freo in last month, as was Brodie last year.

Hence my question?

A really weird comparison to introduce.

I really like Freo's list and are waiting for them to really flick the switch, in fact I thought they may have already by now.

I'd be very wary about poo-pooing them right now.
If there is a switch to be flicked, I think it is still 20 games away. We have too many blokes that haven't played enough games to be composed and consistent in games and across the season. 7 under 50 and 10 under 100. I think midway through 2024 we'll have that critical mass of 100+ and fewer under 50 which top 4 teams tend to have.

I think Carlton is theoretically already at that point or very close to it, they just need the coaches to find the switch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Back