Analysis The Rebuilds Of Hawthorn and Geelong and their Future Prospects

Who has the better prospects?

• Geelong

• Hawthorn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's an extremely unintelligent comparison. It's completely normal for young players in an experienced team to perform better than young players in a team getting dominated.

Delude yourself at your leisure, but everyone with a functioning brain can see Hawthorn's youth is far better than Geelong's. Again, not even close.
But Carboo-I mean new user, Hawthorn are only one win behind Geelong this season. If that's a team getting dominated then we're not tracking much better.

If you want to see what a team being dominated looks like just check out your mob Richmo-oh wait no you're a proud Taswegian now.

But Carboo-I mean new user, Hawthorn are only one win behind Geelong this season. If that's a team getting dominated then we're not tracking much better.

If you want to see what a team being dominated looks like just check out your mob Richmo-oh wait no you're a proud Taswegian now.
I'll just ignore your schizophrenia, it's already clear you're not bright.

Again, Geelong are a more experienced team than Hawthorn. It would be incredibly stupid to judge Hawthorn's youth solely on the basis of losing to a team with far more experience.

That would be like Hawthorn fans trying to argue they had great youth in the 2013-2015 days because Billy Hartung and Ryan Shoenmakers played some good games in one of the greatest teams of all time.

Geelong's youth will really be put to the test once the old guys move on, and they will inevitably be exposed because they're just not that good outside of Holmes.

I'll just ignore your schizophrenia, it's already clear you're not bright.

Again, Geelong are a more experienced team than Hawthorn. It would be incredibly stupid to judge Hawthorn's youth solely on the basis of losing to a team with far more experience.

That would be like Hawthorn fans trying to argue they had great youth in the 2013-2015 days because Billy Hartung and Ryan Shoenmakers played some good games in one of the greatest teams of all time.

Geelong's youth will really be put to the test once the old guys move on, and they will inevitably be exposed because they're just not that good outside of Holmes.
Did someone say Lunchtime?

That's an extremely unintelligent comparison. It's completely normal for young players in an experienced team to perform better than young players in a team getting dominated.

Delude yourself at your leisure, but everyone with a functioning brain can see Hawthorn's youth is far better than Geelong's. Again, not even close.

Take out the Camerons, Dangerfields, Stewarts out of Geelong and Hawthorn win against Geelong easily.
Nobody would take Tanner Bruhn over Will Day.
Nobody would take Oliver Henry over Nick Watson.
Bruhn > Day
O Henry > Watson
Stewart > Sicily

Take out the Camerons, Dangerfields, Stewarts out of Geelong and Hawthorn win against Geelong easily.
Nobody would take Tanner Bruhn over Will Day.
Nobody would take Oliver Henry over Nick Watson.

Nice to see you back.

But seriously, OHenry v NWatson is an odd comparison to make. It's almost like you haven't seen much of either of them. Do they have TV down in Richm.. I mean Tasmania?

Bruhn > Day
O Henry > Watson
Stewart > Sicily
Day has Bruhn covered. Very good footballer approaching elite status and will be Hawthorn's next captain.

Agree on Henry, but it's a pointless comparison. Second/third tall vs a small forward, with one being 3 years older than the other.

Stewart & Sicily is irrelevant to a rebuild thread.

Nice to see you back.

But seriously, OHenry v NWatson is an odd comparison to make. It's almost like you haven't seen much of either of them. Do they have TV down in Richm.. I mean Tasmania?
Hey mini-Einstein, the comparison isn't meant to be literal.
The point is nobody besides one-eyed cat supporters like yourself would take Henry over Watson.

The greater point is that Hawthorn have far better youth than Geelong and it's not even close. A better comparison for Geelong's youth would be Collingwood.

Hey mini-Einstein, the comparison isn't meant to be literal.
The point is nobody besides one-eyed cat supporters like yourself would take Henry over Watson.

The greater point is that Hawthorn have far better youth than Geelong and it's not even close. A better comparison for Geelong's youth would be Collingwood.

Mini-Einstein. Good one.
How do you know I'm a "one-eyed cats supporter"? Haven't you just joined BF?

I think Geelong youth is far superior to Hawthorns unfortunately. To classy and skilfull, not to mention better looking. Geelong will land B. Smith and challenge again in 2025. No midfield will contend with Danger, Smith and that other guy.
To be fair, Other Guy is a superstar in waiting.

Another Wells special, came in with a background in Squash from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds Of Hawthorn and Geelong and their Future Prospects

Back