Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Sunday along with Port and Freo. There's a chance that our game will determine the final make up of the 8 and the Freo/Port game the top 4 and the 8 potentially. They'll go for that for sure. Ratings bonanza.
Same, reckon it'll be the Sunday afternoon. Especially if one or both teams need to win to clinch finals. And the AFL won't know by Round 21, so Sunday is the safest option.

You can almost guarantee our match will be Saturday afternoon.

1. Logistically it makes more sense to play Ballarat matches during the day.
2. At least one of GWS v WB will be in finals contention so Saturday makes more sense than Sunday.
The Sunday games in final round aren't a problem anymore with the week off before finals

45 matches remain.

I'm not quite prepared to write off Collingwood (12th) and GCS (13th) because if either of them somehow win their remaining five matches, they'll make finals. And even if either of them go 4-1, that may also be enough if other results go their way.

Given that, there are only three dead rubbers remaining. So 42 matches will potentially shape the eight. That's huge.

45 matches remain.

I'm not quite prepared to write off Collingwood (12th) and GCS (13th) because if either of them somehow win their remaining five matches, they'll make finals. And even if either of them go 4-1, that may also be enough if other results go their way.

Given that, there are only three dead rubbers remaining. So 42 matches will potentially shape the eight. That's huge.

Only three?! Dead rubbers as in Tigers/Saints/North/Eagles/Crows playing each other?

45 matches remain.

Magpies have Blues, Swans and Lions across a three week stretch. I reckon they will fall short.

Shows how great and even this season has been. Footy is great when so many teams are in contention this late in the season, anyone can beat anyone on their day, and new teams moving up and down the eight on previous seasons. Was crap seeing the same top 4 teams most years across the past decade or so.

This time of the season all the ladder predictors start coming out. AFL.com just did theirs and has us a 6th.

I think after last year we just need to take it week by week. Won't be until round 22 until we probably have a good idea of where we end up.

I wouldn't even trust Antony Green to do a ladder predictor with us in it.....

I've got us losing this week and then winning the next 3, before the Rnd24 game against GWS, with the winner finishing 6th and the loser 7th, so GWS 2 weeks in a row
I had the same.

As for a Sydney Grand Final some wish for. I think we need to finish either 5th or 8th to slip over to the other side of the draw.

Could be as high as 6th this week if we win and the Bombers, Lions, Suns and Giants lose. Or get real risky and have Norf knock off the Cats we'll be 5th!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win all our remaining games and finals and everyone else loses we’ll be premiers!
Inspire Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

While true I think inside the club they would be approaching it as a massive opportunity to create some wiggle room for themselves and some much needed margin of error.
Of course... but it's not over if we get done.... even if some shitney supporters think they're going to "ruin our season" 😏

Last edited:
Of course... but it'd not over if we get done.... even if some shitney supporters think they're going to "ruin our season" 😏
The post was more a facetious comment on the fans. After the loss to Port it was “season over” from quite a few here.

This week is one of those 'golden opportunity' games we usually in the past have stuffed up. The chance to get in the eight and stay there.

Let's hope we break the mould and win. Make life a bit easier for a change.

Papley is a pretty big out for them.

Remember in a parallel universe they beat Melbourne in the final round last year which featured a fit Papley.

In the universe we're familiar with, Melbourne best Sydney minus Papley by four goals.

That's why it's a huge advantage to have a proppy Hayward play. They won't get their usual output out of him in a forward line that's already missing Papley and Amartey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back