Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon need 3 more wins to get to 13.5. They’re still a chance if they beat the Saints.
They probably will ... but they then either need to beat Shitney or Freo. I wouldn't think they beat either right now

I did a ladder on 13 or 14 wins and we get in regardless

Squiggle has us in 6th playing the plastics

We were talked about as being in the ‘premiership quadrant’ after some strong form then laid an egg vs Brisbane. We recovered and were the talk of the town again and then laid a worse egg vs Port.

This team has always struggled with motivation when expected to do well. But when you knock off 2nd and 3rd in two weeks it’s obvious what our ceiling is and there aren’t any excuses.

If we’re a serious team we make finals from here by winning the games we’re expected to win. We will most likely be favoured in 4 out of our last 5 matches.

Bevo needs to prove he can fire this team up when the media aren’t out to get us and our backs aren’t against the wall, otherwise we end up with another 2023 West Coast game.

Who would have thought going into this season that we'd lose to Essendon but beat Geelong?

Not the same WB of old. This team if different. And given our mixed form over the past nine seasons, I don't actually know if that's a good thing 😂😂

Schroedinger's finals. Somehow realistic to both miss finals and make top 4 at the same time
Last year I went camping out of range for a week immediately after our final round game. Depending on other results we were either in or out for a whole week and I had no clue. "Schroedingers Bulldogs" indeed.

To be ‘that guy’ for a second, we were on 10 wins after Rd 19 last year too, with an easier remaining schedule, and still bottled it with close home losses to GWS & Eagles, and a loss to the Hawks in Tassie. We only needed to win 1 of them to finish 6th.

If we want to play finals we need to be consistent for the remaining 5 weeks and avoid laying eggs against the Dees, Crows and Roos, each of whom we should be beating if we’ve genuinely turned a corner.

13 wins is all we need with our percentage. At least we are still in it. Happy to ride the the next five weeks to see what happens!

To be ‘that guy’ for a second, we were on 10 wins after Rd 19 last year too, with an easier remaining schedule, and still bottled it with close home losses to GWS & Eagles, and a loss to the Hawks in Tassie. We only needed to win 1 of them to finish 6th.

If we want to play finals we need to be consistent for the remaining 5 weeks and avoid laying eggs against the Dees, Crows and Roos, each of whom we should be beating if we’ve genuinely turned a corner.
I'd rather be coming home with a wet sail though.

Last year at that time, we were only 8th on power rankings, now we're 3rd.

Very true, but last year we never remotely got close to showing the form we have shown in the two most recent wins over Carlton and Geelong. This time last year we lost to an absolutely held together by duct tape Sydney and then beat a plummeting Bombers by 6 goals or so.

Very true, but last year we never remotely got close to showing the form we have shown in the two most recent wins over Carlton and Geelong. This time last year we lost to an absolutely held together by duct tape Sydney and then beat a plummeting Bombers by 6 goals or so.

We flogged an absolutely rank Richmond in between those losses. It’s true we have a couple of decent wins on our resume this year that we didn’t last year. Need to win the games we should for it to ultimately mean anything though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we weren’t even close to competing with the top 8 despite finishing just outside of it. I think our only top 8 wins were Brisbane at Marvel and GWS and Carlton when they were in poor early season form (though the Carlton win was a good performance).

I just realised our Friday night match against Melbourne commences earlier than usual. A 7.15pm start.

There are two Friday night matches in round 21.
Double header with the Eagles/Suns in Perth that night too. Personally that is fantastic, means I can catch the early train home.

Round 24 fixture will be announced after Round 21
You can almost guarantee our match will be Saturday afternoon.

1. Logistically it makes more sense to play Ballarat matches during the day.
2. At least one of GWS v WB will be in finals contention so Saturday makes more sense than Sunday.

You can almost guarantee our match will be Saturday afternoon.

1. Logistically it makes more sense to play Ballarat matches during the day.
2. At least one of GWS v WB will be in finals contention so Saturday makes more sense than Sunday.
I reckon Sunday along with Port and Freo. There's a chance that our game will determine the final make up of the 8 and the Freo/Port game the top 4 and the 8 potentially. They'll go for that for sure. Ratings bonanza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back