Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest coach in the league couldn't win games with this list.
Yet "this list" got us to 3 prelims, plus the inclusion of players like Libba.

Blaming the list is the easy way out.

agree, any threads started about McCartney will be moved to the exiting thread.. We don't need a bunch of new ones

Really, which players on this list played in the prelims exactly?
Murph, Gia, Boyd, Cross, Griffen, Cooney, Minson all from memory, probably more. That's a strong enoughj core of a team.

Murph, Gia, Boyd, Cross, Griffen, Cooney, Minson all from memory, probably more. That's a strong enoughj core of a team.
Seven from 22, 3 at the end of thier career. Sorry utter rubbish.

Our list is rubbish at the moment, it may be better when more players have played more games but it is a rubbish list here and now. Anyone who does not think so knows nothing about football.

In saying that, we need more than 3 to 4 players improving by year end. We need 12 to 15 a genuine strong core to be improving. If not McCartney should come under scrutiny as player improvement must be part of his charter with this lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be silly now. That's panic talk
It isn't unreasonable though.

We won't beat anybody bar Melbourne or GWS this season, even then I'm not certain that we will beat even them.

This loss wasn't unexpected (by me anyways). I actually think he coached ok. Certainly not convinced about him overall, but this week shouldn't hurt him too much. We suck as bad as I've ever seen in my 30 years supporting the club, but now is not the time to sack McCartney.

We won't beat anybody bar Melbourne or GWS this season, even then I'm not certain that we will beat even them.
So? What's the point of beating anyone? We're bottom four, maybe the spoon. Don't tip us, don't expect to win, and you won't be disappointed. Instead, look for improvements, even small ones. Understand that our older players are out there to help the young ones, not to be stars. Murphy, Gia, Cross, Boyd are on borrowed time but are filling a need this year. We will get better, but not overnight.

Ok, so its likely we'll go 3-0-21.. worse than our 2003 performance.. Worse than our 12 performance..

lol, have you all just started watching football 5 minutes ago? you know how these things work. the gods of football enjoy screwing with bulldog emotions, its their favorite pass time. we will beat the saints and maybe even port, because you can't play worse then what we showed today. To be honest i was expecting it a couple weeks ago, so surprised that i am so angry when i knew it was coming, I'm only human after all... and that's even more depressing to know.

Oh and we will lose to melbourne after beating a good side. :mad:

FWIW, I was impressed by Brereton's reasoned commentary tonight. And Ricciuto for that matter. They expressed optimism about our future but pointed out a few things that need to improve, eg ability to run out games. No bagging, unlike other commentary teams who have done our games :mad: . Showed a bit of actual knowledge of what's going on - refreshing.

Mccartney's most annoying thing he's done so far??? Reference the draw this week and how we hasn't played any of the lesser clubs for a while. Poor form. So what. Are we just expected to hang around and wait until we play gws or melbourne? Was a massive excuse from McCartney. Hate that from our coach.

Really? Where was our structure? What things were you happy with?

I agree we need to wait till at least the end of the year and assess.
I liked picken and lower double teaming Ablett. I liked cooney off half back early. I liked jones, stringer, murphy, Dahl in the forward line. He's coached worse in my opinion

I liked picken and lower double teaming Ablett. I liked cooney off half back early. I liked jones, stringer, murphy, Dahl in the forward line. He's coached worse in my opinion

Until he subbed off Jones when we needed him most.

And from a team selection perspective - which has been my bugbear this year - who else deserved a game ??

It'll be interesting to see if he actually drops any of Cross, Boyd, Picken... That'd show some serious balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back