Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if anyone else caught it but the snippet where he said to a player (think it was Howard but not sure)
"that the player all the fans saw the other day is not the player we see every day or the player you know you are." (or words to that effect)
That was to Tommy Campbell. I liked that too.

The support for Macca in the media is

1) due to the respect and reputation he has in the AFL community.
2) the fact he is a strong, consistent, resilient and optimistic leader.
3) has been involved with and is credited for a supremely successful model in Geelong.

Says something good about a person when they tick all of those boxes. Don't know anyone better for the job. Carry on.

And that's part of the reason we attract less scrutiny than Melbourne.
B-Mac has a vision, a plan, and come hell or highwater he will implement it.
"Crack in" & "Build from the inside out" are terms alot of fans are sick of, but you know what? If he kept giving us different messages every month, that would be a far greater concern.
Phase 2 (run & spread, which he's already started to talk about/work on) will be interesting to see but at the very least it's part of an evolving plan.

We don't want to wander in the wilderness for a decade without real direction - and that's what changing the coach every 2 years does. Ask Richmond how that worked out for them - and how by giving Hardwick carte blanche to build the team from the ground up they have renewed hope and actually look a reasonable chance at playing finals for the first time since Noah's wife noticed the rain was getting "a little heavier".

If we lose to GCFC BMAC is history and the media will throw the spotlight squarely on us , as its starting to do.

There is no way we will lose to Gold Coast. They will only be able to sustain a half of good football. We can do 3 Quarters.

I hate statements like this... I fear these games more than any other..... :eek:

I hate statements like this... I fear these games more than any other..... :eek:

I fear these games too, but I think it is highly unlikely that it will happen. They will not be able to contain the experience of our older guys. Far too young and far too little with no one really up-forward to put defensive pressure on us.

This argument is like a like having an evolution vs creation debate in the bible belt.

I find it amusing that many of the posters suggesting that we are on the right "path", are the same posters that are criticising Melbourne, because it appears that McCartney has been taking us on very much on the same path as Bailey took Melbourne. There was a lot of similar support for Bailey and the path Melbourne took in his first few years. The justifications were the same back then too, including trying to build the right age profile, etc. Melbourne supporters showed an enormous amount of faith that they had the right man, and were following the right path.

People should look at both the results and the theories with an objective eye. Then trust what the undisputable results tell you.

This argument is like a like having an evolution vs creation debate in the bible belt.

I find it amusing that many of the posters suggesting that we are on the right "path", are the same posters that are criticising Melbourne, because it appears that McCartney has been taking us on very much on the same path as Bailey took Melbourne. There was a lot of similar support for Bailey and the path Melbourne took in his first few years. The justifications were the same back then too, including trying to build the right age profile, etc. Melbourne supporters showed an enormous amount of faith that they had the right man, and were following the right path.

People should look at both the results and the theories with an objective eye. Then trust what the undisputable results tell you.

Yes, some of the comments about faith and vision reminds me of the hordes that followed Brigham Young to Utah.

What do you mean by the same path as Bailey? Melbourne has deep seeded cultural issues which the Bulldogs don't. They've had 2 (or 3?) failed rebuilds that have lasted 5-7 years, we are halfway through ours and I think it'll only be till the end of this year. We were competitive Top 8 or thereabouts and missed a flag during between 06-11 while Melbourne were still down the bottom. Melbourne is not the only club that has had support during a rebuild. Clubs need support and it is arbitrary (besides being useful for $$$) to whether the football department is on the right track. This is related to PR, not football. The justifications of trying to build an age profile were used because they are valid and will continue to be used by every club undergoing a rebuild for the rest of the history of AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear these games too, but I think it is highly unlikely that it will happen. They will not be able to contain the experience of our older guys. Far too young and far too little with no one really up-forward to put defensive pressure on us.

You do realise who Gary Ablett is don't you ???

Really?

Bailey hauled off a host of older players who would have helped their kids develop enormously - there was a reason Joel McDonald was chased out of retirement to head to GWS.
Certainly doesn't seem to be the B-Mac model of get kids in, develop them well with senior players showing the way, build from the inside out, etc.

In any case, Do you think melbourne have performed better since replacing Bailey with Neeld? Personally I think that would be a hard sell.

Yes, some of the comments about faith and vision reminds me of the hordes that followed Brigham Young to Utah.

Now that's bloody funny! ^^

I know it wasn't supposed to be a joke, but following on from the made-up words and other pseudo-intellectual offerings, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this. o_O

Now that's bloody funny! ^^

I know it wasn't supposed to be a joke, but following on from the made-up words and other pseudo-intellectual offerings, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this. o_O

It was intended to be mildly amusing. Anyway thanks for the personalised backhand.

Position must come under review. This is disgusting. I know we have a young side and all the excuses in the world, but we were 5 and 6 at round 11 last year. One out of Nineteen since, its a shambles. Everyone says we need so much time how come we could win five games early on last year? Was our side in the first half of last year so much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back