Those cheating Bombers!

Remove this Banner Ad

emilsitka

Debutant
Mar 10, 2003
Other Teams
COLLINGWOOD!!!
The mattlloyd.com domain swindle by the Bombers is about to be busted open something shocking!

4 breaches of the salary cap are about to be revealed.

Stay tuned folks... this is gonna get really fun!

The best thing the AFL could ever do is strip clubs of Premierships. That would be a real deterrent. I wonder if Carlton would have cheated the salary cap with Greg Williams if they knew it meant that they would lose the 1995 flag from their possession. That would stop a lot of clubs very quickly.

Originally posted by Chris_Judd
mmmmmmmmm is it still April 1?

you could be onto something here as i watched the news very carefully to see if i could spot this yrs april fools story and now that you mention it, the bombers story is the closest thing you could get especially with the footy mad victorians to latch onto.

damn:mad: we can only hope its true.

it was well set up cos the bloke doing the story is a reliable sauce for scoops

Lloyd and Hird have now both been implicated in the salary cap breaches. Other palyers are now being looked. It revolves around Essendon not logding external contracts with the AFL. Essendon are denying that they have done anything wrong and are threathening legal actionIt would appear that the breaches are worse than Carltons. Will the AFL and media go feral like they did against Carlton or quietly drop the matter like they did with Freo

LOL and people reckoned I was salary cap paranoid

The club has legal advice that they didn't have to lodge the external marketing contracts and the AFL says otherwise

Worse than Carlton HA HA HA HA HA HA

Storm in a teacup, Demetriou said f-all about it just Healy and Hookes jerking off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JACKSON STATEMENT ON AFL DISCUSSIONS
Tuesday, 1 April 2003

Essendon Football Club chief executive Peter Jackson had the following comments to make with regards recent discussions the club has held with the AFL."Essendon Football Club has held discussions with the AFL with regards the internet rights it purchased from Matthew Lloyd and James Hird. This issue is in the process of being resolved but we are very comfortable that these were legitimate agreements between club and player," Jackson said.

"The club however has been most disappointed at the mischievous rumours circulating recently regarding other senior players at the club and alleged undisclosed payments made to them. We emphatically deny these rumours - they are completely without foundation.

"I am angered that the character of the staff responsible for overseeing the contracts of players at this club is continually being questioned because of unsubstantiated rumour."

"We will be officially requesting the AFL come and do a full audit of the club as soon as possible so we can put this continued rumour and innuendo to rest."

Originally posted by Smokin
"The club however has been most disappointed at the mischievous rumours circulating recently regarding other senior players at the club and alleged undisclosed payments made to them. We emphatically deny these rumours - they are completely without foundation.

"I am angered that the character of the staff responsible for overseeing the contracts of players at this club is continually being questioned because of unsubstantiated rumour."

"We will be officially requesting the AFL come and do a full audit of the club as soon as possible so we can put this continued rumour and innuendo to rest."

There we go.

I cannot see at all why anyone on the current board would even try any dodgy business as they did promise us members it would never happen again. If it did happen we'd be seeing riots at windy hill in no time.

Originally posted by M29
I cannot see at all why anyone on the current board would even try any dodgy business
Buying a url IS dodgy business.

The issue is whether what transpired did or didn't have AFL approval.

If it did, then I have no problem with whatever Essendon did.

But I would have a problem with the AFL for allowing what is blatently dodgy.

Originally posted by K9-54
Buying a url IS dodgy business.

The issue is whether what transpired did or didn't have AFL approval.

If it did, then I have no problem with whatever Essendon did.

But I would have a problem with the AFL for allowing what is blatently dodgy.

They did approve it at the time and iirc have since ammended the rules.

Essendon are cheats.

If the cheating went back to 2000 they should be stripped of their premiership cup. In 1993 the AFL was too gutless to do it and let them steal the flag, enough is enough. Lose the 2000 flag and strip the cheats of their draft picks for a decade!

Originally posted by M29
They did approve it at the time and iirc have since ammended the rules.
If that is true then I'm more than happy for Essendon to make the AFL look foolish.

If what Essendon implemented was a variation on what was approved, then Essendon would have been foolish and I think it's a murky can of worms which could end up in court.

I hope Essendon did exactly what the AFL approved and the issue then rightly dies. I'd rather good football stories now

mattlloyd.com is the *LEAST* of their worries.

Have a look at some of the other domains they have been paying cough cough $50,000 for.

Huge investigation not pending... it's in full swing now.

Ya gotta laugh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Those cheating Bombers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back