Tigers stalk Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapscott signed a contract extentsion with Melbourne a few weeks ago.

Contracted players can still be traded, plus Gunston wasn't on the trading table a few weeks ago, may change Melbourne's perspective.

I hate the idea of the "go home" factor, but if there is any chance to get Tapscott, we should go at it like the proverbial bull at a gate.

I love the thought of a Danger, Sloane, Tapscott midfield circling around the big Sauce with the occasional 52 possession game from Tomo....... Gotta be the optimist as a Crows supporter this year:rolleyes:

no seriously, you are still here.

****ing hate this time, last year we had to put up with Carlton Flogs and now it's the tigers time. No matter how many time he says a third rd pick is a good deal we are not going to agree so as I said gun, piss off.

Contracted players can still be traded, plus Gunston wasn't on the trading table a few weeks ago, may change Melbourne's perspective.

I hate the idea of the "go home" factor, but if there is any chance to get Tapscott, we should go at it like the proverbial bull at a gate.

I love the thought of a Danger, Sloane, Tapscott midfield circling around the big Sauce with the occasional 52 possession game from Tomo....... Gotta be the optimist as a Crows supporter this year:rolleyes:

He has been courted by someone - it isn't just about the "go home factor"

it will be interesting who that is.

@EC - I know it is the most annoying time of the year - that being said I can't remember the individual posters but we had some idiots over here.

I know but Tapscott would have to agree to any trade. He's obviously happy at Melbourne if he's signed an extension on his contract. So we have to look at someone else.

Just an idea to toss around.....

Bundle Maric and Gunston and play off Melbourne against Richmond

Both teams are lacking a solid ruckman and quality marking KPP to play deep in the forward line (I see Jack Watts as becoming a mobile KPP, not a full forward)

We are definitely in need of a quality ruck, but I think we are good for quality KPF's. Jack Riewoldt and Tyrone Vickery are two very good forwards I would have thought.

We're not interested in trading away overs for a player that will come to us anyway.

Look at our history with Blair Hartley.

We snared Houli & Grigg for Andrew Collins, who played one game I think for 6 clangers and 7 touches.

I understand your club will make sure they are reimbursed for their talent, but our club will also make sure we aren't paying overs for your talent.

That's why 90% is all talk and 10% is action, both teams want the best deal.

Gunston nominates for PSD?

We take him again before you pick him up.

don't let him play AFL for a year ;)

We are definitely in need of a quality ruck, but I think we are good for quality KPF's. Jack Riewoldt and Tyrone Vickery are two very good forwards I would have thought.
Richmond offered Butcher 4 years.
We snared Houli & Grigg for Andrew Collins, who played one game I think for 6 clangers and 7 touches.
So a win-win then?

You'll need to give something to get something back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you waste a spot on your list just to spite another team?

Your best bet is to negotiate with us.

And not ask for too much ;)
Waste a spot? We will delist another dud, we have a few.

More about sending a message to players that want to try and screw the club over.

Adelaide supporters are PMSing given they learned tonight Gunston is not attending their B&F which almost confirms the rumour he wants out...so cut them some slack.

No F**** way will we be giving up our first pick for Gunston and maric imo. Maric is an average ruck and hence why we are targeting him because he is cheap. If we want to give away our first rounder we will go after a better ruck I would think.

Gunston for the compo....

Adelaide supporters are PMSing given they learned tonight Gunston is not attending their B&F which almost confirms the rumour he wants out...so cut them some slack.

No F**** way will we be giving up our first pick for Gunston and maric imo. Maric is an average ruck and hence why we are targeting him because he is cheap. If we want to give away our first rounder we will go after a better ruck I would think.

Gunston for the compo....

Hahah, nah no way, not the compo.

They can trade player for player, not interested in giving away pick 30ish in what's described as one of the best drafts of the decade.

He isn't a required player, we have Vickery and Riewoldt who are better than him, Griffiths is developing and Post/Astbury are other possible candidates for that third tall in our 50.

We need defenders and more depth in our midfield, Gunston's good, but I'm not willing too give away too much for him.

I like the Richmond guys, but seriously, pull your heads in a bit guys.

Gunston is one of our best young talents - we aren't going to give him away, so stop the bullshit about 'we dont need him, but pick thirty is about right, lulz'd!'

That's just how I feel, how the club feels is differently. I hope we can come to an agreement that suits both clubs.

I generally like what you have to say King Elvis, what do you think would be a fair compensation whilst not giving away that first draft pick.

In this draft, I think that's all that's reasonable.

He's a second rounder from a better, uncompromised draft that has shown he's up to AFL footy and could be a very good player.

We took him as a second when he was a skinny, speculative kid - why would we trade him away for that or less, when he's now a proven commodity?

You guys don't need him anyway.

In this draft, I think that's all that's reasonable.

He's a second rounder from a better, uncompromised draft that has shown he's up to AFL footy and could be a very good player.

We took him as a second when he was a skinny, speculative kid - why would we trade him away for that or less, when he's now a proven commodity?

You guys don't need him anyway.

That's why I was leaning for a player-player trade. This draft in thin, I agree with you.

Maybe Maric & Gunston for Edwards, Jackson, Morton, Connors, McGuane, Thursfield, infact anyone except Vickery, Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Houli, Deledio, Conca, Bachelor and Grimes.

We are open to that, trading picks is what got us into this massive slump for the last 15 years, it's just something that we can't do as a club, we cant afford it anymore.

That's why I was leaning for a player-player trade. This draft in thin, I agree with you.

Maybe Maric & Gunston for Edwards, Jackson, Morton, Connors, McGuane, Thursfield, infact anyone except Vickery, Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Houli, Deledio, Conca, Bachelor and Grimes.

We are open to that, trading picks is what got us into this massive slump for the last 15 years, it's just something that we can't do as a club, we cant afford it anymore.

Seriously, that looks more like your list of those to be delisted rather than a pool of talent!!

You want talent and offer crap. It doesn't quite work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back