List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The draft points system is purely objective. It is based on a logarithmic scale.

But it is based on subjective numbers created by people involved in the game. You do understand that player salaries are not objectively created don't you?

But it is based on subjective numbers created by people involved in the game. You do understand that player salaries are not objectively created don't you?
No. Not at all. It’s a series of 74 numbers in a reverse logarithmic scale. Starting at 3000, progressively down to 0.
If you put a logarithmic scale on that sequence you get the points at whatever iteration you want. So pick 5 = 1878 points because maths.

No. Not at all. It’s a series of 74 numbers in a reverse logarithmic scale. Starting at 3000, progressively down to 0.
If you put a logarithmic scale on that sequence you get the points at whatever iteration you want. So pick 5 = 1878 points because maths.

Then how did they come up with the starting point of 3000 and ending point of 0. Or did they just come up with all the numbers out of thin air based on nothing. You didn't follow my statement. I understand the descending nature of the logarithm however it is how they came up with the numbers, the criteria if you want that I am talking about.

I like it a lot and apologise for taking this ridiculously off topic. Back to Tim Kelly. I say minimum inside top 10 pick as a starting point.

Which is what everyone has been pointing out. I also can see the virtue of a young up and comer and a pick at say 25-30.

But that's being nice to Tim in letting him go early. Playing the game we should be, is only looking for something in the top 10.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which is what everyone has been pointing out. I also can see the virtue of a young up and comer and a pick at say 25-30.

But that's being nice to Tim in letting him go early. Playing the game we should be, is only looking for something in the top 10.

Yep we should play hard ball with the clubs at least. In dealing him we are showing compassion so outside of that it should be the best we can get and nothing else. Let's face it. If it wasn't him wanting to go and it was just a club coming to us trying to pry him away what would we accept. It would be 5 or lower for sure IMHO. The guy is a star and no matter how low a draft pick there are no guarantees. Unlike Mr Kelly who is a proven gun

Then how did they come up with the starting point of 3000 and ending point of 0. Or did they just come up with all the numbers out of thin air based on nothing. You didn't follow my statement. I understand the descending nature of the logarithm however it is how they came up with the numbers, the criteria if you want that I am talking about.

Ok. Settle down now. If you need to maths debate do it somewhere else. There's kids on this site.....

Should do what Hinkley has done with Wingard and say we want 2 first rounders for him if we're to trade him. Even if we don't get it just throw it out there that we should be looking for something series for the WA clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong would never do that. It'll be a second rounder and maybe Geelong downgrades a later pick to even it up for the other club.
Why would Geelong do that? Wouldn't it be better to keep Kelly for 2019 and then get the compensation? You said earlier a contract is meaningless. Hate to point out but unless Geelong comes to the party Kelly probably won't go anywhere in 2019 except Geelong. He can't just tear up his contract without sitting out a year

Why would Geelong do that? Wouldn't it be better to keep Kelly for 2019 and then get the compensation? You said earlier a contract is meaningless. Hate to point out but unless Geelong comes to the party Kelly probably won't go anywhere in 2019 except Geelong. He can't just tear up his contract without sitting out a year
You tell me. Why did they do it with Caddy?

Geelong would never do that. It'll be a second rounder and maybe Geelong downgrades a later pick to even it up for the other club.

Please give me a break.... you win the “dribble of the day” with that it’ll be a second round pick piece... Geez Louise...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You tell me. Why did they do it with Caddy?
That is a monumental mystery. Perhaps the players said "let him go"? He wanted midfield time and wasn't going to get it at Geelong.

Kelly is a ready made gun. We're better off having him honour the 2nd year of his contract if all we get now is a 2nd rounder....

Then how did they come up with the starting point of 3000 and ending point of 0.

Maths people, did they choose 3000 because at the opposite end of the scale (Pick 99 or whatever) they need a whole number (of reasonable value) for points, given the logarithmic nature of the system?

I'm not much of a maths person - but I find it interesting all the same.

That is a monumental mystery. Perhaps the players said "let him go"? He wanted midfield time and wasn't going to get it at Geelong.

Kelly is a ready made gun. We're better off having him honour the 2nd year of his contract if all we get now is a 2nd rounder....

Considering he was a second rounder, which he's proven he's quite a bit better than that, if the club accepts anything outside the top 10 is a total fail in bargaining and basically laughs in the face of Cook's sentiments of needing a review.

He was a second round wasn't he? Why would we put so much effort into him and his family, then just get not what he's worth?

The club knows he's worth more. So does everyone else. We'd just not trade him and expect him to play out his second year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back