List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any further substance to the rumour we'll hear about Kelly's future shortly after the Carji?

Nope but that would be nice. I'd expect the club would have asked or at least given a date to know by. It would be unfair to give him room, for him to use that to only request a trade on opening of trade week.

I'm totally anticipating him to request a trade. His family, given what I've heard about the needs of one of his kids, they need family support. Which is just not here.

Just how this will play out, is another thing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Contracts don't mean anything. If a player tells Geelong they want out, a deal will get done. Look at Caddy.
Agree about the worth of contracts. But bear in mind that we weren't fussed whether Caddy stayed or left. Not comparing apples with apples.

Maths people, did they choose 3000 because at the opposite end of the scale (Pick 99 or whatever) they need a whole number (of reasonable value) for points, given the logarithmic nature of the system?

I'm not much of a maths person - but I find it interesting all the same.
The scale isn’t important. It’s how everything else sits relative to 3000 that matters.

The scale isn’t important. It’s how everything else sits relative to 3000 that matters.
Thats right. I’m guessing that pick 74 is the first pick with zero point value due to the average maximum historical draft length.
The 3000 is only important as it influences the steepness of the curve, but yeah it’s all relative.

Contracts don't mean anything. If a player tells Geelong they want out, a deal will get done. Look at Caddy.
Caddy wasn't, isn't and never will be as valuable a commodity as TK is going into this trade period.

One is proven to be capable of playing AFL as an elite midfielder in their young 20s. The other has demonstrably proven time and again the he is incapable of this.

Geelong would never do that. It'll be a second rounder and maybe Geelong downgrades a later pick to even it up for the other club.
We won't see any more success at Geelong until we start getting ruthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that were to be the case then I hope we have discussed Gaff. For the Eagles to trade Gaff for Kelly means they'll get more than compensation would provide. Backload Gaffs contract to make it work. Otherwise you get 20 and 22 or something like that for TK and try and trade into the top 10.

If that were to be the case then I hope we have discussed Gaff. For the Eagles to trade Gaff for Kelly means they'll get more than compensation would provide. Backload Gaffs contract to make it work. Otherwise you get 20 and 22 or something like that for TK and try and trade into the top 10.

I agree re Gaff. AFL also 'create' a compo pick that gives currency to them and us. Eg Gaff to us FA not matched, they get 20 compo and trade that for Kelly, we get 20 and Gaff for Kelly and they get a straight swap. Or let them trade 20 and 22 to Sydney for 12 or whatever don't put the burden on us to try and trade into the top 10, WCE should do that for us if they really want Kelly.

I agree re Gaff. AFL also 'create' a compo pick that gives currency to them and us. Eg Gaff to us FA not matched, they get 20 compo and trade that for Kelly, we get 20 and Gaff for Kelly and they get a straight swap. Or let them trade 20 and 22 to Sydney for 12 or whatever don't put the burden on us to try and trade into the top 10, WCE should do that for us if they really want Kelly.

Spot on. Plus the $$$ that Gaff would command is pretty much what TK will eventually get. Once Selwood, Danger ect aee moved on there has to be room to pay someone some dollars. Getting Gaff puts us bang smack in premiership made once again.

Please learn the word, it's drivel. Dribble is what old people and babies do.
in this case dribble is accurate.... that rumour was just bubbling saliva from the mouth breather..

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back