Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

We supposedly just traded our future second for Hill with later pick swaps, not sure we’d part with this years for Titch.
We don’t even have a second for this year.

I don’t mind that trade to be honest. The other alternative is we bundle up some more of our picks and try and get your pick in the teenw
What incentive would we have to trade down the order for multiple later picks? We don’t need points this year and we have limited list spots available for the draft as it is. If anything we’ll be trying to package up some of our later picks to trade to Brisbane or Essendon.

He's going to make Collingwood a much better side (especially with Taylor Adams having that long term groin injury).
I don't think we'll get what we actually want for him in terms of draft picks - so hopefully there's some creative dealing with salaries, late picks or steak knives that makes it work for us

We have not committed to retain leverage in the Grundy trade.

It's becoming clear that we have enough cap to fit in Hill, Frampton and Mcstay.

But Mitchell / Fiorni are dependent on whether we can clear Grundy's salary.

3rd Round pick & Crisp. Go Hawks
ha ha simpsons GIF

Those steak knives turned out ok alright!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 27 for Mitchell and 4th rounder is about right I reckon. He’s a better player than Adam’s and not injured every 3 weeks, instantly makes the woods a better team.

Pick 27 for Mitchell and 4th rounder is about right I reckon. He’s a better player than Adam’s and not injured every 3 weeks, instantly makes the woods a better team.
I think that Adams is more damaging going forward, not as good an extractor though. Tom definitely has a more reliable body/fitness though.

I think Mitchell is one of 2 to 3 possible pick ups that the Pies are looking into this trade period. Mitchell looks like he wants Collingwood but we would also be looking at other possibilities. We have interest in Fiorini. We may also be looking at (Setterfield) delisted types or other (Matt Crouch) out of favour types. We might even trade up to try to get Parish one year before free agency.

Last edited:
I think Mitchell is one of 2 to 3 possible pick ups that the Pies are looking into this trade period. Mitchell looks like he wants Collingwood but we would also be looking at other possibilities. We have interest in Fiorini. We may also be looking at Setterfield delisted types or other Matt Crouch out of favour types. We might even trade up to try to get Parish one year before free agency.
No, please have Titch

No, please have Titch
He is attractive to the Pies because he is close to the best inside player in the comp (or at least he was preinjury) durable and we would like that the Hawks could pay a lot of his first year salary.
Down side is that he is a bit old, slow, small, defensively challenged, one positional and lacks kicking skills.

I think the deal will get done for about a second rounder.

No, please have Titch

It irks me how some Hawthorn supporters treat him like he is some kind of cancer on our club.

He has finished 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st and 5th in out B&F (and we all know the 5th placing would be 1st again if he was played in his preferred position).

A trade is being considered because we are looking to rebuild our midfield for the future and he may be worth more on the market than he is to our club right now given this direction. But the whole "let's get him out the door for whatever we can get" type of thinking is ridiculous in my view. If we can't get a genuinely beneficial draft hand for him, I would hope we keep him and that he is still around in his twilight when we are contending again to play a helpful role, ala Crawford in '08 (thankfully, it seems McKenzie agrees going by his comments to date).

Pick 27 if it lands from the Grundy deal?
I’d have no complaints with that tbh, effectively swapping out the two players and their salaries from Collingwood’s perspective.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if there’s chump change coming Collingwood’s way with Mitchell though.

Mitchell will be a fantastic get for Collingwood. Not sure what Hawthorn are thinking giving him away, maybe tanking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back