Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this kid debuts this week?

33 possessions and 3 goals in the VFL win last week, that demands selection, even for a first year player.

A goal kicking midfielder, just what we need.

His VFL review from last week;

21. Tom Phillips
Statistics: 25 kicks, 9 marks, 8 handballs, 33 disposals, 5 clearances, 4 inside 50s, 2 rebound 50s, 6 tackles, 3 goals
Notes: Phillips was outstanding on a day where wet conditions suited those who were most willing to find the football. His seventh game of VFL football for Collingwood resulted in a season-high in disposals, marks, contested possessions and clearances. “Tommy Phillips has been really, really starting to understand what footy is all about,” coach Dale Tapping said post game. “He’s playing some really strong football.” The former Oakleigh Chargers’ goalkicking ability was also on display on Saturday. For the second time this season he found himself at the top of the VFL Magpies tally, kicking three majors.

Straight in for Goodyear.
Crocker or Goodyear, either one.

I reckon it might be time for Crocker to go back to VFL level too, but won't complain if he stays in because he and Phillips are going to be so good for us in the future.

Yes agree he needs to come in and play Queens Birthday. He also should play from now until seasons end. Like to see him and Williams as the running half backs going forward. Good endurance, can get forward and kick a goal, good user of the footy and looks like he has a good footy brain.
l would keep Crocker in, as we need to get as much senior footy into these guys for 2017.

Colin Wisbey says Tom Phillips is a poor man's Luke Rounds. Unlikely to make it he reckons. Likes accumulating stats but not overly effective.

I reckon it might be time for Crocker to go back to VFL level too, but won't complain if he stays in because he and Phillips are going to be so good for us in the future.

No way should he go back to VFL. You can actually see his confidence growing each game. His marking ability is getting better and better and is beginning to really take the game on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodyear Easily

Colin Wisbey says Tom Phillips is a poor man's Luke Rounds. Unlikely to make it he reckons. Likes accumulating stats but not overly effective.

What I seen. He is already better then Rounds

Doesn't look very profound at the moment given he racked them up, unlike Rounds, and he kicked 3 goals which suggests pretty handy effectiveness. Unless he shanked the other 22 kicks which is unlikely.

on that topic, are people able to access EBnW at the moment? it's down for me.
The Extreme Black 'n' White message board (aka "Hotrod's" or EBnW) is currently down so, as EBnW coordinator, I wanted to post a status update for those interested. EBnW is hosted by Voy.com and all Voy.com forums have been down, worldwide, for at least 6 days (and counting).

The problem will hopefully be fixed without much further delay but the company treats its customers with contempt and tells us nothing. I’ve emailed them but I don’t expect to hear back, regardless of whether the problem gets fixed in 5 minutes time or takes days (or even doesn’t get fixed). I’ve even tried to phone them in California but unsuccessfully.

As of the last few days, I’ve been busily searching for and, experimenting with, other providers. I and many others actually like the Voy (i.e. fully threaded) format, albeit that the appearance / format *looks* outdated to some. I’m extremely keen to avoid forcing readers to register and I’ve got a very proven procedures and parameters to curtail serial pests which I wish to maintain (the equivalent of). A format similar to Voy would be my strong preference and there are at least a couple around but, on what I’ve seen thus far, not to my satisfaction (on behalf of EBnW users).

Hopefully Voy is back up very soon but I’m rapidly losing faith and the last week demonstrates that, at the very least, we (the EBnW community) need a secondary / contingency forum from another provider anyway.

In short, I’m desperately trying to find a message board provider that satisfies all of the following:

1. Free
2. Hosts on their own site (server)
3. Offers fully threaded layout (i.e. a la Voy forums)
4. Does not require readers / posters to register
5. Does not insist on catchpas (i.e. forcing a poster to enter a code from an image every time he/she tries to post)
6. Strong, convenient moderator facilities including quick ‘n easy (a) deletion of individual posts and (b) banning of IPs and(!!) IP ranges and (c) overview pest detection / searches. (Among other necessary moderator features, including IP display).
7. Does not require email address with each post
8. Does not enforce unrealistic limits on number of threads / posts or message size
9. Offers decent performance (including reliability and page-loading speed)
10. Ads that are not pop-up and/or ultra intrusive

(If anyone knows from experience of such a message board facility, I'd love to hear from you).

If Voy.com disappears or EBnW leaves Voy, it’s my intention to use CFC, Nicks and et al to let people know of our replacement EBnW forum. Right now though, I’m flying as blind as everyone else.

If you get the chance to copy this elsewhere so people know what’s happening, that would be great. Up to now, I’ve assumed my time is best spent focussing on trying to come up with a functioning message board facility asap but I’m am acutely conscious of the growing frustration of EBnW punters being unaware of what’s happening (let alone being unable to post) so hopefully this status update will, directly or indirectly, reach those interested.

Thanks (and apologies for me taking up space on Nick's with this)

Colin Wisbey
EBnW Coordinator
cwisbey@optusnet.com.au

The Extreme Black 'n' White message board (aka "Hotrod's" or EBnW) is currently down so, as EBnW coordinator, I wanted to post a status update for those interested. EBnW is hosted by Voy.com and all Voy.com forums have been down, worldwide, for at least 6 days (and counting).

The problem will hopefully be fixed without much further delay but the company treats its customers with contempt and tells us nothing. I’ve emailed them but I don’t expect to hear back, regardless of whether the problem gets fixed in 5 minutes time or takes days (or even doesn’t get fixed). I’ve even tried to phone them in California but unsuccessfully.

As of the last few days, I’ve been busily searching for and, experimenting with, other providers. I and many others actually like the Voy (i.e. fully threaded) format, albeit that the appearance / format *looks* outdated to some. I’m extremely keen to avoid forcing readers to register and I’ve got a very proven procedures and parameters to curtail serial pests which I wish to maintain (the equivalent of). A format similar to Voy would be my strong preference and there are at least a couple around but, on what I’ve seen thus far, not to my satisfaction (on behalf of EBnW users).

Hopefully Voy is back up very soon but I’m rapidly losing faith and the last week demonstrates that, at the very least, we (the EBnW community) need a secondary / contingency forum from another provider anyway.

In short, I’m desperately trying to find a message board provider that satisfies all of the following:

1. Free
2. Hosts on their own site (server)
3. Offers fully threaded layout (i.e. a la Voy forums)
4. Does not require readers / posters to register
5. Does not insist on catchpas (i.e. forcing a poster to enter a code from an image every time he/she tries to post)
6. Strong, convenient moderator facilities including quick ‘n easy (a) deletion of individual posts and (b) banning of IPs and(!!) IP ranges and (c) overview pest detection / searches. (Among other necessary moderator features, including IP display).
7. Does not require email address with each post
8. Does not enforce unrealistic limits on number of threads / posts or message size
9. Offers decent performance (including reliability and page-loading speed)
10. Ads that are not pop-up and/or ultra intrusive

(If anyone knows from experience of such a message board facility, I'd love to hear from you).

If Voy.com disappears or EBnW leaves Voy, it’s my intention to use CFC, Nicks and et al to let people know of our replacement EBnW forum. Right now though, I’m flying as blind as everyone else.

If you get the chance to copy this elsewhere so people know what’s happening, that would be great. Up to now, I’ve assumed my time is best spent focussing on trying to come up with a functioning message board facility asap but I’m am acutely conscious of the growing frustration of EBnW punters being unaware of what’s happening (let alone being unable to post) so hopefully this status update will, directly or indirectly, reach those interested.

Thanks (and apologies for me taking up space on Nick's with this)

Colin Wisbey
EBnW Coordinator
cwisbey@optusnet.com.au

Thanks - Voy is a Very Old Forum Company. So why not Upgrade?

Who is Colin W? What does he do?
Come to that who is Harry O? Isn't it Herieter L?

Who is Colin W? What does he do?
Come to that who is Harry O? Isn't it Herieter L?

He is a Scout that works with AFL Clubs.

Use to be on here but left because of all the Abuse he copped

Surely this kid debuts this week?

33 possessions and 3 goals in the VFL win last week, that demands selection, even for a first year player.

A goal kicking midfielder, just what we need.

His VFL review from last week;

IMO Phillips will be the only good pick from last years draft.

He can find the pill and appears to be a good user, the team could use some guys like him.

Edit* Forgot Crocker

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back