Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping Magpie Bat doesn't mind me quoting from his VFL Player Report [highly recommended, BTW: http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2263 on the Collingwood Blog [:$]:
21. Tom Phillips
Dominant, just simply dominant. Played the clear majority of his time on a wing, going had-to-head with either North rookie Will Fordham or their latest old stager in Farren Ray. Collected 33 disposals (of which 25 were kicks), took 9 marks, laid 6 tackles, won 5 clearances, rebounded from defensive 50 twice, sent the ball into our own 50 four times and booted 3 decisive goals. And then there are the intangibles, such as the run he gave us on a heavy deck or the fact that his penetrating left peg was such a trump card to have in our corner on a day when territory was king, or some of his defensive nous when positioning at stoppages.
Two of his goals came from sneaking forward and finding space from his midfield duties, helped by some loose checking from Farren Ray and Declan Mountford, while the other (his first) came from some excellent forward tackle pressure, some good hands and vision from Macaffer allowing Phillips to run onto and boot it through. This week’s goal haul equals his hitherto best against the Blues a month or so back, where finished joint-leading goal scorer that day too.
In short, it was by far Phillips’ best performance as a Magpie. Not that he has much of a body of work to compare it to as a sophomore draftee, but it was a terrific performance regardless. And with few doing their bit to hold their places in the seniors, I would even be prepared to bring him in against the Demons. His running power on the outside, combined with his lethal left boot and a desire and ability to win the hard ball in spite of his lean-ish frame are an exciting combination indeed.

Hoping Magpie Bat doesn't mind me quoting from his VFL Player Report [highly recommended, BTW: http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2263 on the Collingwood Blog [:$]:
21. Tom Phillips
Dominant, just simply dominant. Played the clear majority of his time on a wing, going had-to-head with either North rookie Will Fordham or their latest old stager in Farren Ray. Collected 33 disposals (of which 25 were kicks), took 9 marks, laid 6 tackles, won 5 clearances, rebounded from defensive 50 twice, sent the ball into our own 50 four times and booted 3 decisive goals. And then there are the intangibles, such as the run he gave us on a heavy deck or the fact that his penetrating left peg was such a trump card to have in our corner on a day when territory was king, or some of his defensive nous when positioning at stoppages.
Two of his goals came from sneaking forward and finding space from his midfield duties, helped by some loose checking from Farren Ray and Declan Mountford, while the other (his first) came from some excellent forward tackle pressure, some good hands and vision from Macaffer allowing Phillips to run onto and boot it through. This week’s goal haul equals his hitherto best against the Blues a month or so back, where finished joint-leading goal scorer that day too.
In short, it was by far Phillips’ best performance as a Magpie. Not that he has much of a body of work to compare it to as a sophomore draftee, but it was a terrific performance regardless. And with few doing their bit to hold their places in the seniors, I would even be prepared to bring him in against the Demons. His running power on the outside, combined with his lethal left boot and a desire and ability to win the hard ball in spite of his lean-ish frame are an exciting combination indeed.

Don't mind at all, but I'm not sure any more than 4 or 5 people give a damn what I have to say...:oops::(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff Tom.
Phillips to be a top player for us :)
Happy days

Great stuff Tom.
Phillips to be a top player for us :)
Happy days

When I 1st saw him in the Intra-Club. You could tell straight away there was something about him that gave you hope that he could be a Big Steal at Pick 58

Could be a strong love. I'm contemplating it

He won't go up in price until he's played his 3rd game. So wait 2 weeks to see how he goes and trade him in in the third. No point burning a trade when he could potentially bomb out and get dropped straight away.
Hoping he won't though :)

He won't go up in price until he's played his 3rd game. So wait 2 weeks to see how he goes and trade him in in the third. No point burning a trade when he could potentially bomb out and get dropped straight away.

Nah, have faith guys kids a gun.

Playing fantasy elite. No trades to burn. Thinking of trading him in for mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back