Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Its pretty low hanging fruit pointing to Reddit as anything but a cess pool of stupidity.

I presume that there is a Western Bulldogs sub-reddit and that its no better than the norf one.

Incredibly he still snuck his usual 2 goals and may yet have a 40 goal season.

He’s sometimes a total liability. He is the kind of player that could just switch it on and kick 7 one day but we’ve had a lot of these games where he’s been diabolical but kicked 2 or 3 out the back and everyone kind of moves on.
That's the frustrating thing.

He takes those gettable marks and he kicks 4 or 5.

That's the frustrating thing.

He takes those gettable marks and he kicks 4 or 5.
Well he incredibly didn’t take a single mark today, when it’s usually a strength, so it’s only upside there.

He doesn’t have to become Dicko as far as set shot kicking goes, but Naughton has shown how much wayward key forwards can improve.

If he puts the kicking and the marking together consistently and ups his second efforts he’ll be a Coleman chance. I mean he might kick 40 this year and he’s looked flat most games.

Missed the game today due to local footy. Thought the scores looked strange!

Can someone sum up Lobbs game for me pls and thank you..

I couldn't attend today and watched the game this evening. Yeah it was a bit lack lustre but not as bad as I've read on here. We dominated but didn't capitalise. That's nothing new.

I'm critical of English but didn't think today was that bad. Neither here nor there. Likewise juh dropped a few but wasn't awful. Maybe it's the tv view?

Some positives - Weightman is a gun. Naughton is growing into that connection between the arcs, and then some. Jones is a rock. Bramble becoming a good rebounding defender.

Some negatives - that last 10 mins. Forward 50 entries. Posters.

That 100% TOG has me most impressed. Fair effort from Rory. I’ll be happy to eat my words if he can put a month together like today
Rory has always had pretty absurd TOG% for a ruck/forward going back to his time at Freo. He regularly played the entire game when those sorts of players always have rests each quarter.

Key defenders usually spend the whole game on the ground so it’s not that surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throughout the entire game, all i was thinking was what could we get for English ? He provided NOTHING, again.

Lobb/Darcy would be a better ruck tandem than English/Darcy.

We looked rusty, hopefully this sharpens us up.

Kudos to Bramble, I've whipped him like yesterday's favourite in the past, but that was probably his best game for us.
Lachlan Smith tackled English on Wed at a sim training match at the WO. He looks pretty good the way he is developing.

I'm liking Freijah more every week. Just a natural footballer. Composure beyond his years.
Freijah is proving to be a better pick than Sanders atm. And Sanders is looking ok. For an 18 year old he is gold. Gallagher is not bad either. So these three picks have been excellent. Kudos to the recruiters.

Cody Weightman is seriously underrated

And it will stay that way if he keeps milking fee kicks.

What's his ceiling for goals by the time his career has finished?

10 more season at least without any major injuries.

Milne finished on 574 goals, is it too much to think he could get to 600 goals?

JUH put himself in a position enough times but just couldn't close the deal. Just had an off day ... like Biden. It happens. Next week he might hold onto everything.

The whole team looked like they were carrying a few cobwebs. Norf gave us a reminder that you don't have to be far off to be at risk against any team. I'll take that reminder and the 4 points.

We look close to finding our best team and combination. One, maybe 2 spots up for grabs but that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back