Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

The idea that we should reserve our criticism of indigenous players is more racist than anything else I've seen on here.
MLK - Content of character not colour of skin come to mind.

If we weren't always being reminded he's indigenous, I wouldn't know. Hasn't he had a fairly privileged upbringing? Private school, lots of money etc.?

Hasn't he had a fairly privileged upbringing? Private school, lots of money etc.?
No he grew up in Framlingham, a former Christian mission in the middle of a forest north of Warrnambool. In 'The Age' a few years back Framlingham was listed as the most deprived postcode in the state.

Marra went to the posh school because he's good at footy. His family didn't pay for it.

No doubt we were clunky (as can happen after a bye) and Norf were better than you'd expect from a team sitting 18th, but plenty of positives for mine.

3 of our whipping boys played terrific and were amongst our best; Lobb, VDM and Bramble.

Another 3 who debuted this year, Freijah, Sanders and Gallagher, were again solid and showed they are well up to the grade.

That is all great for our depth heading to the pointy end of the year. Having trust and confidence in what could be loosely seen as the bottom 6 is pretty valuable.

Our best player is going ok too

Both JUH and McDonald haven’t really come on. Thilthorpe has been poor

Compared to great forward of previous generation same time in their careers , these current just haven’t shown much
Do you think this could be due to development missed during COVID years; or is this giving them an out? How have others from this draft year gone, especially talls?

Last edited:
Anyone notice Xerri's centre bounces tactics? He'd run around to English's side so that they were both going for the ball from the same side. Was unusual but worked
The single lost frustrating thing about Tim is his inability (refusal?) to adjust his approach to tap work when an opposing ruck does this.

Anyone notice Xerri's centre bounces tactics? He'd run around to English's side so that they were both going for the ball from the same side. Was unusual but worked

A few ruckman have done that to him this year and it's been effective so imagine it will happen more and more often, TDK will certainly be doing it in two weeks, Bevo needs some of Patches training techniques for Tim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the opposition fans not loving Cody. I get a bit embarrassed by him too. I love his enthusiasm and energy and he laid a great tackle at one point even with his bung arm. His kicking is our best set shot. But there were a few plays that my mate and I commented on, that weren’t the contentious free kicks but other moments where he just didn’t play it straight, but was still looking for the free kick. Play it straight Cody and the free kicks will come. He grew up in the Joel Selwood era that the AFL just let happen for 15 years. My mates are keen Hawthorn fans, they used to give it to me about Weightman. Now they instantly have 2 that do this, they’re a little embarrassed by Ginnivan and Watson at the moment.
Come on Bevo and the other coaches, coach this habit out of his game please.

Were any of them even iffy?
Nope Aiden Corr is just a dumb footballer. And Norf were super sloppy with their tackling all day gave away a lot of frees due to it. Jackson Archer panicked when Weightman was going to lead and grabbed at him, ump had no choice but to pay the free.
Norf did it too themselves then want to cry about how costly the decisions were....... pfft give me a break don't do the crime if you can't handle the price

Shout out to B.Williams very solid game yesterday and going about a solid season with min fuss.

Xerri was arguably in the top 2 or 3 on the ground and the English dilemma continues. Imagine at this stage of your career you are getting found out by Xerri types

Joel Freijah with 10CP that is a massive milestone. When a coach looks at game winners this is the one stat that gets you over the line. Adding that he plays at a position where CP are lower at that he is still 18, he is a huge prospect.

English was beaten all night, that is a worry. We look a bit rusty maybe that is a bye thing but not scoring efficiently is really hurting us and it has been the whole season.

Now the question is who gets out because James Harmes deserve to be in the team.

If Joel Selwood can have a stand named after him despite having a much longer rap sheet of head ducking (yes I understand he is a legend) Cody will be fine.

More importantly in a short sample since his return from injury he isn’t flying for every single mark but rather roaming around like a great small.

Nope Aiden Corr is just a dumb footballer. And Norf were super sloppy with their tackling all day gave away a lot of frees due to it. Jackson Archer panicked when Weightman was going to lead and grabbed at him, ump had no choice but to pay the free.
Norf did it too themselves then want to cry about how costly the decisions were....... pfft give me a break don't do the crime if you can't handle the price

Like every other defender they’ve ever thrown at him, Jackson Archer was badly overmatched and shitting himself and his only hope was scragging his way through the game. Gave away a dumb free because of it and was lucky it wasn’t more.

Aidan Corr has a single digit IQ, you have to be similar to blame Cody for that masterclass in stupidity.

We’re 10-3 against them in the last decade and Weightman has taken a big dump on them every time he’s played them, so their delusion and premium grade salt is hardly surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back